Help me find a daily.

Dr. Pomade

535i vs. 550i - which one should I go with, and why?

Go.

For frame of reference, here's a 550i that I found:

I think I'm set on getting a BMW at this point. I located one I want, but it's out of state. Specifically, it's a dealership in Florida. (The link to the car is below.) I'd prefer to give you the business, but I wasn't sure how that would work?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=43201&endYear=2014&modelCode1=550I&showcaseOwnerId=66537&startYear=2013&makeCode1=BMW&maxMileage=30000&searchRadius=0&extColorsSimple=WHITE&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BBMW%5B550I%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=386803973&Log=0

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

535i vs. 550i - which one should I go with, and why?

Go.

For frame of reference, here's a 550i that I found:

I think I'm set on getting a BMW at this point. I located one I want, but it's out of state. Specifically, it's a dealership in Florida. (The link to the car is below.) I'd prefer to give you the business, but I wasn't sure how that would work?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=43201&endYear=2014&modelCode1=550I&showcaseOwnerId=66537&startYear=2013&makeCode1=BMW&maxMileage=30000&searchRadius=0&extColorsSimple=WHITE&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=%5BBMW%5B550I%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=386803973&Log=0

^Thats RWD.

Were you looking for AWD?

I'm not trying to say the back seats in the GT-R are optimal by any means..... But I OFTEN take the car out with my 10 year old, 8 year old, and 7 year old all with me. (One up front and two in the back)

When I had the stock front seats in the car, it was very easy for them to get in and out of the back.

Ofcoarse, thinking back to when each of them was 5... it was a struggle to get them seated in the back of any car no matter what it was. :lol:

Even plenty of headroom for the kiddos to wear a helmet in the rear ;)

10300639_966273733388741_7053043634181342779_n.jpg?oh=556eb37045f68e53f04b112adbc74c50&oe=55005098&__gda__=1430631666_66e09ec3523e6cdbdb9f2080c6cdfeb6

i found a half eaten apple under the passenger seat and a peeled orange when i cleaned the car last week/changed the oil. no idea how that got back there, let alone under the seats. the kids love the speed of the GTR, but leg room is now a huge issue with my 7 year old girls. its a big enough issue that i'm probably going to part ways with the GTR at some point within the next year for something with 4 doors, AWD, a v8, and turbos.

i found a half eaten apple under the passenger seat and a peeled orange when i cleaned the car last week/changed the oil. no idea how that got back there, let alone under the seats. the kids love the speed of the GTR, but leg room is now a huge issue with my 7 year old girls. its a big enough issue that i'm probably going to part ways with the GTR at some point within the next year for something with 4 doors, AWD, a v8, and turbos.

RS7 or E63s..:megusta:

RS7 or E63s..:megusta:

definitely. just waiting for winter to end, and for me to get the balls to part ways with the GTR and cts-v. just don't have the time to enjoy them, or realy use the cts-v.

out of the cars listed, i would go for the 550i. my neighbor has one that he daily drives and loves it. plenty of room for his kids, plenty of power/fun for a daily. and some room for mods

Atleast it's healthy food!

If I see one more 30+ day old french fry in the back of my wife's Q7 I might lose my mind :fuuuu:

Absolute best titty bar in the country is across the street from Braman in west palm beach( I'm from there). So for that reason I vote for the 550i. Fly down get car and pm for details on the titty bar. Anything and I mean ANYTHING goes there. :megusta:

Absolute best titty bar in the country is across the street from Braman in west palm beach( I'm from there). So for that reason I vote for the 550i. Fly down get car and pm for details on the titty bar. Anything and I mean ANYTHING goes there. :megusta:

sounds awful

At this point I think the choice is clear on what your top 3 should be.....

1. Top Fuel dragster

2. http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/military-will-finally-sell-used-humvees-to-the-public-s-1671735866/+matthardigree

3. Full dresser Harley Davidson with every bit of chrome you can find.

.....wait, I think I just had a stroke or a PRD2BDF moment....

Go with the white car, that will fit your needs best.

definitely. just waiting for winter to end, and for me to get the balls to part ways with the GTR and cts-v. just don't have the time to enjoy them, or realy use the cts-v.

out of the cars listed, i would go for the 550i. my neighbor has one that he daily drives and loves it. plenty of room for his kids, plenty of power/fun for a daily. and some room for mods

I'm waiting for the CTS-V for sale post

If money was not a problem when considering the 550i or the 535 I would go with the 550i all day. These are small things, but I enjoyed driving the 550 more at the BMW Performance center over the 535. The TT V8 was quick and moved out fast. The 535 is quick as well, but didn't give that feeling as much as the 550. I also like the exhaust tips better on the 550, but that is just a small detail.

If money was not a problem when considering the 550i or the 535 I would go with the 550i all day. These are small things, but I enjoyed driving the 550 more at the BMW Performance center over the 535. The TT V8 was quick and moved out fast. The 535 is quick as well, but didn't give that feeling as much as the 550. I also like the exhaust tips better on the 550, but that is just a small detail.

Thanks for this input.

Yeah, I'm pretty much decided I'm going with a 550i.

Do any of you guys know of any appreciable differences between the '13 and '14 models?

Thanks for this input.

Yeah, I'm pretty much decided I'm going with a 550i.

Do any of you guys know of any appreciable differences between the '13 and '14 models?

This may help a little for the differences. I do not know how creditable this site is. If I still worked at BMW I could of given you more insight.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/05/2014-bmw-5-series-whats-changed-.html

This may help a little for the differences. I do not know how creditable this site is. If I still worked at BMW I could of given you more insight.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/05/2014-bmw-5-series-whats-changed-.html

Looks like the '14 got 45 more HP.