Help me find a daily.

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The S5 was/is a gorgeous car. However, it wasn't fast enough for me to justify its crappy gas mileage. Also, I know now how much I value four doors on a daily driver. The lack of a functional backseat on the S5 annoyed me. It was too expensive to not care about door dings but not expensive enough to baby. Lesson learned.

Regardless of what car you end up with you've missed out on a huge opportunity; this process as a reality show. A "bachelor" spin off where "Johnny Bravo has 10 exotic suitors but only has one spot in his garage. Comming to prime time this fall, The Daily".

There's always 2016.

Regardless of what car you end up with you've missed out on a huge opportunity; this process as a reality show. A "bachelor" spin off where "Johnny Bravo has 10 exotic suitors but only has one spot in his garage. Comming to prime time this fall, The Daily".

There's always 2016.

I have always liked you.

S4 seems perfect then? CPO one for 40k. 3.0T, DSG, 4 doors, sport differential. low 13s stock, low 12s with basic mods.

I forgot to mention (or maybe I said it earlier?) that I despised the Audi electronic controls. Specifically, the stupid knob that controls everything. It was annoying enough that it's a serious deterrent from buying another Audi.

I forgot to mention (or maybe I said it earlier?) that I despised the Audi electronic controls. Specifically, the stupid knob that controls everything. It was annoying enough that it's a serious deterrent from buying another Audi.

Audi all the things!

Still in the running = Cadillac, Audi, BMW

. It was too expensive to not care about door dings but not expensive enough to baby. Lesson learned.

Most of the named above would kind of be the same problem, no?

I know them feels. SEE JONES! I told you I wasn't the only one!

How this episode is playing out in my head:

Tilley: Roger, I have a problem...

Roger the Car Salesman: Yes?

Tilley: I've been in Columbus for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.

Roger the Car Salesman: Well, an Audi would certainly change that.

Tilley: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 997TT...

Roger the Car Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.

Tilley: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-12-2014/Wf_YLK.gif

Most of the named above would kind of be the same problem, no?

I know them feels. SEE JONES! I told you I wasn't the only one!

How this episode is playing out in my head:

Tilley: Roger, I have a problem...

Roger the Car Salesman: Yes?

Tilley: I've been in Columbus for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.

Roger the Car Salesman: Well, an Audi would certainly change that.

Tilley: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 997TT...

Roger the Car Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.

Tilley: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-12-2014/Wf_YLK.gif

Biggest issue with the 997TT...not enough hair room.

-Marc

Biggest issue with the 997TT...not enough hair room.

-Marc

Seat goes down so low I can barely see over the wheel when it's at its lowest setting.

Pretty much fits zero of his desired criteria...which is why it's the obvious winner.

I drove our TT the last two days to work. I'm pretty sure I would be arrested if I was allowed to steal it more often. Back to the A4 on Monday!

Any specific reason you do not want an Infiniti?

I think for the money spent vs. what you get it is by far the best brand out there. Not to mention resale on them is actually pretty good. Maintenance costs/schedules are minimal and can be taken care of at a Nissan dealer for a noticeable amount cheaper. They are extremely reliable for being a "luxury" car, that being said I would personally buy a Q50/G37x CPO before anything else. I feel like an Infiniti is much easier to deal with, all the electronics systems are very well thought out and user friendly. It isn't like an Audi where it will take you 15 minutes to get into the screen to add a radio preset, and another 10 minutes to add a preset. I'd at least go drive the shit out of a G37x, or even a G37xS if you can find one locally.

Pro- No CVT.

Con- Flappy paddles

Just my $0.02 though.

Re-read initial post, here is a good example. It is even white and they have plenty of head/hair room.

http://www.infinitiofeaston.com/certified/Infiniti/2013-Infiniti-G37x-c99d24c10a0a0002755f70b9d4840b60.htm

EDIT-

What about a Cadillac XTS? I was working on one at work and they are seem to be fit for a baller. $65k cars new, Selling for $30k's now....

http://cartype.com/pics/7848/full/cadillac_xts_platinum_10_02.jpg

Not making the cut = Mazda, Hyundai, Ford, or Infiniti

Still in the running = Cadillac, Audi, BMW

Please continue. TIA

ok.

Have you thought about looking at an Acura? From what I understand they are fairly comfortable cars, and get decent gas mileage, and have the reliability of a Honda. Personally I like something like this, though I am sure you would want something with lower miles.

If BMW's iDrive is anything like Audi's, they're out.

Garrett's post/link has Infiniti back in the mix.

Revised cut:

Out: Hyundai, Mazda, Ford, Audi (thanks for reminding me Brian), BMW (if iDrive is anything like Audi's), Acura

Still in the running: Infiniti (back in), Cadillac, Porsche, Mercedes

I was planning on hitting up a couple of dealership lots this weekend just to see what was there - Germain out at Easton, maybe Kelly BMW (just to confirm the iDrive hatred), and likely Toy Barn.

Keep the suggestions coming.