College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I don't have the amount of confidence I did against Bama. I think the media has been covering OSU way too much, almost as if they have won this game before it's even been played. I watched a special they had on last night that was like 3 hours long, called the drive. 90% of it was pro OSU. I just hope the Buckeyes weren't watching it and thinking they have already won this game. I think OSU wins, but it's gonna be a shoot out. The best part of the show last night was the crowd chanting Mark May Sucks everytime he would talk and or just being insanely loud to drown him out.

Joey Bosa @jbbigbear

Follow

You fans in the lobby are really making it hard to sleep

12:48 AM - 12 Jan 2015

Joey Bosa @jbbigbear

Follow

Right as I tweet that they start singing carmen ...

12:52 AM - 12 Jan 2015

LOLOLOL

I finally ended up getting to watch the rest of this year's Rose Bowl. Oregon is definitely lethal, and I'm afraid what might happen if the floodgates open. However, it's clear that Florida State imploded and killed themselves. They turned the ball over like 3 times in the span of what seemed like 2 minutes and every one of the turnovers led to a TD. Also, I think Florida State and Oregon was the perfect storm for Florida State: they characteristically fucked around all year long, played sloppy, and lived on the edge, and then they happened to play that way against a very lethal Oregon team that was hitting on all cylinders. The result? 59-20. It was definitely a game in the first half. And, like I said before, Florida State was gashing Oregon for huge chunks of yardage on run plays.

I think the keys for Ohio State will be:

1. Establish a run game or some kind of ball control that keeps Oregon's offense off the field, the Oregon offense out of rhythm, and Ohio State's defense rested.

2. Ohio State must control the line of scrimmage defensively and, more importantly, contain Mariotta. That dude is lethal when he scrambles.

3. Ohio State's secondary has to play controlled and smart and not give up the big plays. I think it's okay to allow Oregon to gain yardage - stopping them completely seems a bit farfetched - but making them work for all the yardage and scores that they get will be key. Ohio State has a tendency to kind of "give up" after momentum shifting plays - like when Elliot fumbled against Alabama and they next play was an easy run by Henry for a touchdown. The defense has to keep its head in the game the whole game.

4. A relatively mistake free game by Jones. He doesn't have to win the game for us, but he must not lose it for us.

Watching First Take (not really sure why since I hate this show) and Joey Harrington is on there. Dude is claming that Carrington is not a huge loss, said "its not like he is a 1,000 yard receiver or a difference maker". Maybe someone should let Harrington know that Carrington is a 700 yard receiver and the 2nd leading receiver on Oregon lol. I get being a homer and making a case for your team, but in the words of Chris Carter, cmon man!

I have a feeling that Elliott goes for big yards once again tonight. Looking at his stats this season, if you take away the 1st two games where he barely got any touches, the dude is averaging 7.1 yards per carry! Oregons defense will most likely be playing zone to avoid the home run ball from Jones to Smith, feed Elliott the rock and let him chew up yards and clock.

I think Oregon sells out to stop the run and makes Jones beat them. That's how I'd do it if I were calling it for Oregon. Third string guy can beat our first string guys? If so, then I shake his hand and say well done. But I at least take away one of their options if I'm Oregon.

I think Oregon makes Jones beat them with the short and intermediate passes. They know he can deliver the bomb, but can he make the other throws? Oregon really tightens up in the redzone, that's where Elliott and the Oline will be real important in my opinion.

Agreed. And I hope Herman's up to the task. I think we have a good thing going: we can zip and dish the ball off to our speedy guys (Marshall and Wilson - if he's back?) for intermediate gains (and allow them to work in space) and then just pound them with the rushing attack. It's just a matter of keeping drives going, gashing them when we can, and not making dumb mistakes (stupid penalties, turnovers) when we're on offense.

OT: why can't I see any smilies?

I just typed a troll face (:gabe:) but it's not showing up. And i can't see the smilies that were posted earlier.

I just switched to Firefox (from IE), if that matters.

HALP

I havnt been able to see them for at least a year. Depends on which computer im on.

ESPN is probably getting off with all the hate around Mark May. Haters bring ratings believe it or not.

Mark May has been playing the ESPN equivalent of the Iron Sheik since about 2001. Trev Alberts did it before him. Both of them trolled Ohio State back during their title run in 2002.

He's a total heel.

Hopefully if OSU wins the coin toss they defer to the 2nd half. Against Bama I thought, what the hell is Urban doing, OSU always takes the ball first. Then the end of the 1st half and opening of the 2nd half happened and I thought, damn he made the right call after all haha.