Question for the homeowners of CR...

2 Sweet

First house we bought we also looked at 100's on line, probably walked through about 20-30......

This past house we built, and we walked through about 20-30 different models and houses that were currently being built of the models that we liked.

Most of my clients look at fewer than 10. We narrow it down with online pics and videos. School system typically narrows down the search along with features and price. There are some good deals out there, but they are getting harder to find. The banks are holding onto the REO homes right now.

Helpful tip, buy the cheapest house in the nicest neighborhood you can see yourself in. You can always improve a house, but you can't change the location.

Solid advice. That's the reason I passed on buying my grandma's old house on the north side.

Is it a forever home or a step home?

First time buying a house. I plan on living there at least 5-10 years minimum, potentially much longer.

Most of my clients look at fewer than 10. We narrow it down with online pics and videos. School system typically narrows down the search along with features and price. There are some good deals out there, but they are getting harder to find. The banks are holding onto the REO homes right now.

Yeah, I have very strict criteria, and on a limited budget. I've looked at hundreds online over the past few months, narrowed them down, went out by myself and saw a half dozen properties in person before bothering with setting up any walk throughs. I've only set up two formal walkthroughs, and after seeing the second house, I'm 99.999% sure that it's exactly what I want.

Is it normal to find the "perfect" house that quickly? I still plan on seeing a few more just for the hell of it. I'm mainly just bored at work and curious to hear your guys' experiences.

It is an emotional purchase like a car...You will feel it if it is right. People try to be analytical but it is almost always emotions that make the purchase. Best advice is to be have an approved loan in hand when making an offer; at least be pre-approved. If the house is right, you will know it. I represent buyers in addition to listing homes if you need help. I will tell you upfront if the house is a good deal

It is an emotional purchase like a car...You will feel it if it is right. People try to be analytical but it is almost always emotions that make the purchase. Best advice is to be have an approved loan in hand when making an offer; at least be pre-approved. If the house is right, you will know it. I represent buyers in addition to listing homes if you need help. I will tell you upfront if the house is a good deal

How long are pre-approvals typically valid? Dependent on bank?

First house I bought I knew what I wanted because I wasdoing electrical work for a specific builder, and really liked one of their models. The house I have now we looked it a little over a dozen maybe, but when we looked at this house my wife my daughter and I all liked it. So when we found this one we knew it was the right one.

first one - bought the 1st one I looked at. It was a starter home, and I was single. It was easy.

Second one - our forever home. had to worry about mundane stuff such as bathroom toilet orientations with the wife. We looked at 100's online. Walked through about 20. Took us 18 months to find the one we love. And its great.

I am totally lucky. I've purchased 8 houses so far, but only 2 of them I have lived in. Both of them were the first house I saw in person.

Both were total pieces of shit- worst house in awesome neighborhood. Both were 50-60k under value and were total rehabs. The best part- bought one in Hilliard for 104k, put in 41k and just had it appraised at 180k in December. Yay.

First, I want to find out from a buyer is what they are looking for in a new home. We will typically go see 3-5 houses and regroup as usually their wants in a home has changed. With a first time home buyer I am very patient as it is a lot to take in. We will go see as many as they want! If anyone has a question about home buying process, I'm happy to help, even if you don't plan to have me as your realtor.

I'd been casually looking online for the past 4-5 years, got serious at looking back in July/August.

Probably looked 100+ plus online, walked through 20/25. The one I bought was the only one my parents, girlfriend and I all agreed on. Knew nearly immediately that's it.