College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Millen leaving ESPN to take a job with BTN/FS1. I think that's a good pick up. Obviously if you're an NFL fan you think he's a joke but just as a CFB analyst I've liked him. In the group of ESPN people I like just below the Blackledge/Nessler team.

Harbaugh is clearly an actual insane person. Harbaugh vs. Meyer could be a lot of fun. He got under Petey's skin when they were coaching college ball but Petey bested him for the most part during Harbaugh's time in the NFL. I can't wait for the first public interaction.

It's rubbing off on his staff too

CG2_XbLXIAEZcW0.jpg

Smith took the high road by just posting his championship rings, but I would have added a count of "times fired"

It's rubbing off on his staff too

CG2_XbLXIAEZcW0.jpg

Smith took the high road by just posting his championship rings, but I would have added a count of "times fired"

I all I see is... Jedd Fisch: All that experience.... Still not good enough to be a head coach...

I can't wait for the first public interaction.

And here it is... laser death stare from Meyer at Harbaugh at the Sound Mind and Body camp this morning...

http://i.imgur.com/ytV3Ykh.jpg

And then at the tables for the presser...

http://i.imgur.com/caPJ1tm.jpg

• 1 month later...
I am going to shock Zack and a few others on here and say Braxton will be the starting qb this year. Now will he finish the season there, that is the better question. I just have a gut feeling that his athletic ability gives him the edge over the other 2 guys who in my opinion are better QB's. Urban comes off as being obligated to giving Braxton back his job, at least to me from what I have read in recent interviews.

Anyone here think that the VT game on Monday night is a trap/set up game? I don't know what the spread point will be but I'll guess OSU will be favor by at least 17.5 points. I don't think OSU will loose that game but it'll be a very close game.

Looking at the OSU schedule the only one that puzzle me is the VT game. I just have a bad feeling about that game.

Anyone here think that the VT game on Monday night is a trap/set up game? I don't know what the spread point will be but I'll guess OSU will be favor by at least 17.5 points. I don't think OSU will loose that game but it'll be a very close game.

Looking at the OSU schedule the only one that puzzle me is the VT game. I just have a bad feeling about that game.

Line is -14 right now. Not sure where it opened (maybe -16ish I believe so you weren't far off) but that's where it is right now. Vegas people have OSU currently as a double-digit favorite for every single game in the regular season and also against anyone they would face in the B1G championship game. Only if OSU made it to the playoff would you possibly see a single-digit spread. Pretty crazy.

And the VT game could be very challenging. Lane Stadium is no joke. VT usually has classes on Labor Day but announced there will be none this year due to the game. Night game, well lubed crowd, Bud Foster's defense, uncertain QB situation for OSU... not ideal. But the team wants revenge for its only blemish of the 2014 season so they should be motivated.

I am going to shock Zack and a few others on here and say Braxton will be the starting qb this year. Now will he finish the season there, that is the better question. I just have a gut feeling that his athletic ability gives him the edge over the other 2 guys who in my opinion are better QB's. Urban comes off as being obligated to giving Braxton back his job, at least to me from what I have read in recent interviews.

It won't be Braxton.

I prefer JT to Cardale based on what we saw last season. JT ran the offense beautifully. His performance vs. MSU (a team that finished the season in the top 5) on the road may have been the best performance by an OSU QB that I've ever seen. Cardale did a great job filling in for the post-season but he had some built-in advantages thanks to the way JT played during the regular season and a ton of help from a highly motivated defense, OL and Zeke.

In recruiting news, 5* DE Nick Bosa just committed to Ohio State. People expected him to mull it over a little longer after his Florida school tour but instead he just went ahead and did it today after just finishing his visits to Florida and Florida state.

His commitment pushed OSU into the #1 spot for 2016 classes. OSU also has the #1 class already for 2017 and could receive a commitment from Nick's teammate, 5* WR Trevon Grimes, pretty soon.

Several other kids for the 2016 and 2017 classes could commit over the next week as well with a bunch of kids in town for Friday Night Lights tomorrow.

In recruiting news, 5* DE Nick Bosa just committed to Ohio State. People expected him to mull it over a little longer after his Florida school tour but instead he just went ahead and did it today after just finishing his visits to Florida and Florida state.

His commitment pushed OSU into the #1 spot for 2016 classes. OSU also has the #1 class already for 2017 and could receive a commitment from Nick's teammate, 5* WR Trevon Grimes, pretty soon.

Several other kids for the 2016 and 2017 classes could commit over the next week as well with a bunch of kids in town for Friday Night Lights tomorrow.

Urban doing Urban things.

What a beast.