Truck Review: The 2015 F-150

wagner

So I got a free upgrade to an F-150 for my trip to Georgia this past week. After putting some serious miles on the beast here are my thoughts:

Looks: Well, it looks like a Ford F-150, not to ugly, not to pretty, just a truck.

Ride and Drive: The truck really did ride and drive very nice. It had plenty of rip when I mashed the loud peddle to pass on the freeway, did not beat me to death, and was responsive for a truck.

Gas Mileage: I was able to get about 400 miles or so out of a tank of gas.

Interior: I would rather be locked in a room with a screaming baby and a crossfitting hipster talking about his beard, craft beer, and workout than ride in the truck again. The lack of comfort spoils the amount of room and how quiet the truck was, just terrible. Another annoying thing is the cup holders or lack there of up front.

The radio controls on the steering wheel also suck, but the sound system is actually good. We tested it by blasting Metal Church's cover of Highway Star. The two power ports and the USB port were also nice for charging phones, GPS, and erotic devices.

Overall Wagner Rating: 3 out of 5 just because the interior was that bad. If you are looking at getting Ford Tough don't get the base model, you will hate life more than being hung over in a church pew on Easter Sunday.

Happy motoring :fuckyeah:

I'm in an Ecoboost Expedition this week as the Fusion gets some work done. XLT Model. Not impressed with the typical Ford Interior nor the sound levels inside.

I am however digging what the Ecoboost does for this thing though. Weighs just under 6,100 lbs yet moves out like a scalded dog. Doesn't lack power on the highway either.

Not missing a V8 at all.

Interior compared to: ?

Chevy and Dodge.

I have logged a ton of miles ridding in chevy trucks and never had my back hurt this bad.

When I used to work at enterprise and drive about every kind of car known to man the Chevy trucks had the most comfortable interior, the dodge hemi was a close second, and ford was always terrible.

It was a base model fleet type truck since it was a rental.

Chevy and Dodge.

I have logged a ton of miles ridding in chevy trucks and never had my back hurt this bad.

When I used to work at enterprise and drive about every kind of car known to man the Chevy trucks had the most comfortable interior, the dodge hemi was a close second, and ford was always terrible.

So we're talking feel and ergonomics, not material quality and fit/finish? I've never logged significant miles in any of them, so genuinely curious. Dodge always struck me as a company with extremely bland and boring interior, but I know nothing of ergonomics. Surprised at Chevy having the most comfortable, but then again, my TrailBlazer was pretty awesome...

So we're talking feel and ergonomics, not material quality and fit/finish? I've never logged significant miles in any of them, so genuinely curious. Dodge always struck me as a company with extremely bland and boring interior, but I know nothing of ergonomics. Surprised at Chevy having the most comfortable, but then again, my TrailBlazer was pretty awesome...

Yes, feel was worse than the ergonomics overall. The material quality, fit, and finish were not bad but it was a base work truck model. For the money the truck costs new I would expect better.

Dodge interiors back when I drove a lot of them were bland, but always comfy.

I've sat shotgun and in the back of Ray's truck for who knows how many miles and was a nice ride. Hell, I've slept in that truck without issue, but could not do it in the Ford.

I would rather be locked in a room with a screaming baby and a crossfitting hipster talking about his beard, craft beer, and workout than ride in the truck again. The lack of comfort spoils the amount of room and how quiet the truck was, just terrible. Another annoying thing is the cup holders or lack there of up front.

...don't get the base model...

I think you solved your own prob. ;)

So you're comparing a base model fleet truck to a higher level truck you've used in the past? Good writing. Tater comparison. :lol:

Yes, feel was worse than the ergonomics overall. The material quality, fit, and finish were not bad but it was a base work truck model. For the money the truck costs new I would expect better.

Dodge interiors back when I drove a lot of them were bland, but always comfy.

I've sat shotgun and in the back of Ray's truck for who knows how many miles and was a nice ride. Hell, I've slept in that truck without issue, but could not do it in the Ford.

I've done the same both riding and driving to Gatlinburg and back in dads Ecoboost. It's not a base though.

Comfiest vehicle IMO for long hauls. No clue on the model/trim you drove though.

Well it's a pretty impressive pricing spread between a "base" and a "mid-level" F150.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g362/sciotopc/f150_zpsmqywlhuc.png

I must say I'm tempted now to go check out a reasonably equipped F150, to see how it stacks up against a top-of-the-line 10 year old Dodge.

I think you solved your own prob. ;)

So you're comparing a base model fleet truck to a higher level truck you've used in the past? Good writing. Tater comparison. :lol:

I've done the same both riding and driving to Gatlinburg and back in dads Ecoboost. It's not a base though.

Comfiest vehicle IMO for long hauls. No clue on the model/trim you drove though.

I'm sorry if you don't like my real world review, wait, no I'm not. I've ridden and driven more fleet level trucks I would say than just about anybody on CR after working in the car rental industry for years.

I think all the base model interiors are the same in Chevy trucks, cloth (until you step up to the leather), soooo that would also take the tater out of my comparison....

I've ridden in and driven more trucks to race tracks than most people do so I'm pretty damn sure I know a thing or two about what a comfortable truck feels like and what junk feels like

The fact is the truck has a junk interior that is about as comfortable as watching your mom and dad fuck.

my only critique of your review is the '400 miles out of the tank'

But please know I have a deep rooted displeasure when I hear car commercials say that. "OMG HAI lets talk to this sokar mom about fuel ekonomies" "Hai yes, I got 500 miles in the tank!"

Give.me.mpg.!!!! I can put a fuel container in my truck pick up bed and run 2000 miles on a fill up if I wanted to.

sorry for the rant, thanks for sharing the review. I am very curious at looking at the inside of one now. Maybe the seats are made out of aluminum too? lol