New Career Help V3.0

wagner

I’m looking for some additional help in finding a new career or job. I’ve taken the advice and help of a few very generous members of CR when it comes to my approach but I need that extra “push” now.

I’ve been able to make the final round for the last few interviews I’ve had but just not been able to get that final edge needed. It has always been something small that kept me from being the guy, I want to overcome that.

I’m looking for any resume help, head hunter leads, or job help CR has to offer. I know that I have a lot to offer a company and want to find a new home and career where I can grow to my true potential.

If anybody has any job leads, career advice, resume services, words of encouragement or anything else help wise to offer I’m all ears. I’m very tired of coming in second place and want to take things to the next level.

If you are able to help me to secure a new job I will make it worth your while as well. I’m looking at anything from sales jobs, relationship manager positions, account reps, analyst jobs, pretty much anything other than being a call center slave or general flunky work.

I’m motivated, willing to learn, and don’t believe in the phrase “that’s not in my job description”.

http://jobs.osu.edu

I hate just to pound a weblink in here but its worth a look and application.

I will check it out, are you someone I should list as a reference so you get a hiring bonus?

We're hiring. Progressive.com.

Good luck, been there before as well! Pm me if you have any questions.

Thanks, anything local I should look and should I list you as my reference to get a bonus in your pocket?

Send me your up to date resume

Cherning@me.com

Thank you and sent.

Still looking. No bites yet on anything.

If you have a good head hunter or resume service to use let me know.

I need to get out of where I'm at before 2015 is up, before the summer would be best.

The corporate changes that are coming will not end well for everybody around here and I want the hell off this ship before it hits the chunk of ice...

Talk to Buckeye Resume's in Worthington. He built me a pretty nice resume and does coaching, all the other job hunting stuff and is very professional and experienced.

I will look into this

Able to relocate by chance?

It depends on the opportunity and distance.

http://jobs.osu.edu

I hate just to pound a weblink in here but its worth a look and application.

i'v done a few interviews with Ohio State before in their IT and possible teaching. There is a lot of competition and they like people that stand out. I have made it to the final 3 a few times but nothing turned into a full time job. They use a filtering system in their emails when you submit an application so be sure to find the contact information of someone in the department you are looking at here and send them your resume directly.

If you do not directly contact someone your application will sit in limbo for a while. Happened to me many of times.

Best of luck to you though in your search. Pearson and McGraw Hill are always looking for more people as well. Great companies both of them.

I have to ask - what is it you want to do? or rather what goals are you trying to solve for with a different career?

More money, more growth potential, something other than working in the current role I have right now.

The cuts are coming at my company, I'm just trying to get out of France before the heads start to roll.

The stuff I have to deal with anymore is just crazy. Like today, I had to file 84 liens for a client in that went to 25 different states and had to be filed in a specific order as part of their closing agreement. The client has no clue what she is doing so I have to hand hold her, explain why her documents won’t get accepted in some places, and why other locations are wrong.

There were tax issues that tickled the area of legal advice, and since I’m not an attorney, I can’t give that. So the customer contacts our sales person who happens to be an attorney (and gets paid stupid money) and she can’t or won’t help the customer, throws it back on me. I then have to find a way to help the customer without giving legal advice, all while the sales person makes a huge commission off this deal.

In the end if I could get the cushy sales job with my company I would be happy, but as I found out no matter how well qualified, good your interview is, or how much you know those jobs are reserved for certain people.

I just want to build a better life and stop rotting away in this nightmare.

Have you considered a complete career change? Like jumping into finance? Our Columbus branch is doing well and they may be looking to hire. Give them a call. We are hiring at corp up here, but you would have to relocate.

Columbus

530 W. Spring Street

Suite 100

Columbus, OH 44131

NMLS ID #: 1272338

Phone: 855-951-7793

If they are looking to bring on new LO's LMK and I will send a good word down there and help you with your resume.

My neighbor is a regional sales manager for McGraw Hill. Send me your resume if you are interested in school book sales and I will pass it on to her. Her area (private schools) is very hands off with their folks (I think most work from their home office and travel)

JLSteelesmith@gmail.com

Have you considered a complete career change? Like jumping into finance? Our Columbus branch is doing well and they may be looking to hire. Give them a call. We are hiring at corp up here, but you would have to relocate.

Columbus

530 W. Spring Street

Suite 100

Columbus, OH 44131

NMLS ID #: 1272338

Phone: 855-951-7793

If they are looking to bring on new LO's LMK and I will send a good word down there and help you with your resume.

My neighbor is a regional sales manager for McGraw Hill. Send me your resume if you are interested in school book sales and I will pass it on to her. Her area (private schools) is very hands off with their folks (I think most work from their home office and travel)

JLSteelesmith@gmail.com

I will hit you two up tonight after work.

My neighbor is a regional sales manager for McGraw Hill.

Crooks! Book cost and "depreciation" when the school buys it back is one of the most ridiculous and depressing parts of the college experience.

On the flip side, the sales reps probably kill it. LOL

Crooks! Book cost and "depreciation" when the school buys it back is one of the most ridiculous and depressing parts of the college experience.

On the flip side, the sales reps probably kill it. LOL

They do k-12 sales