Nice places to go eat in Columbus

The_buster

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Budget less than 200. I'm thing the Texas place with the melting pot for dessert. Sound doable?

I would do one or the other (but probably not Melting Pot). If you want to take her for dessert do something like Chocolate Cafe or somewhere that makes dessert their speciality.

If you go to TdB I wouldn't plan on leaving with an appetite.

These multiple stops all seem well and good but I've never left TdB thinking I could go somewhere else and eat/want any dessert. If you are definitely wanting dessert maybe find a place that offers a set meal and not all you can eat. my $.02

This is incorrect.

Better steaks can be had at JGilberts, The Top, Hyde Park, 1808, Eddie Merlots, SW's...the list goes on and on.

Basically, Mitchells is not very good. Especially for the price.

-Marc

Nope

Been to every steak house multiple times. Nope

End thread

http://www.boathouserestaurantoh.com/home

Food is great, make sure you go toward sunset and sit on the deck overlooking the river and downtown.

Spent $75 with tip, food was awesome. Got a ribeye that melted in my mouth. Wife got a leg of lamb and weighed easily over 1.5lbs.

You'll get laid after that date.

End thread

Food is great, make sure you go toward sunset and sit on the deck overlooking the river and downtown.

Spent $75 with tip, food was awesome. Got a ribeye that melted in my mouth. Wife got a leg of lamb and weighed easily over 1.5lbs.

I had to sit on that bridge on a train so many times waiting to get back in the yard. The view is nice though.

I'm a huge fan of J Alexanders. Been going there for years and the food is always good and consistent. I would only recommend the one on 23 at crosswoods. The new one at Easton had terrible service, but could be better now.

What is in the chocolate bag?

Its about a 10 inch chocolate shopping bag. You need a knife to cut it. It's filled with white chocolate mousse fresh whip cream and topped with strawberries and black berries. Then whole plate is drizzled with raspberry sauce. It's big filling and amazing. I'm a huge eater and my wife and I can't finish it.

http://www.the94thaero.com/

It's right at the airport and the plans are pretty cool to look at while you eat. Also, the history in there is neat.

We just got home from having dinner at Rodizio Brazilian. I love that place. However, the parking validation is not full validation. I went to go get the car for my wife and FIL. I lift my wallet with my wife to pay the bill, and had them validate the parking up front on my way out. Only to end up in an argument with toll booth willie about not having 3 dollars on me. So he held me hostage for 5 minutes. Wrote me a ticket for non payment. And told me I have 14 days to pay it, or it's $23. He was a complete dick. I told him I'll be back with 300 pennies.

I don't care about $3, but who partially validates? And if you do, tell the customer.

Its about a 10 inch chocolate shopping bag. You need a knife to cut it. It's filled with white chocolate mousse fresh whip cream and topped with strawberries and black berries. Then whole plate is drizzled with raspberry sauce. It's big filling and amazing. I'm a huge eater and my wife and I can't finish it.

That sounds amazing.

End thread

^came to say this

End thread

Went to the boathouse last night... Sucked

Guest GMoney
This is incorrect.

Better steaks can be had at JGilberts, The Top, Hyde Park, 1808, Eddie Merlots, SW's...the list goes on and on.

Basically, Mitchells is not very good. Especially for the price.

-Marc

Totally agree! J Gilbert's knocked it out of the park last night with their three 4oz fellet special. I think this is the one and only thing bob and I disagree with. I feel that Texas roadhouse makes a better steak than Mitchell's.

If any of you like prime rib my favorite spot is Rosa's and Rocco's in New Albany on Sunday morning for brunch. They have killer prime rib and horseradish sauce and au jus. Plus you can eat as much as you want. The rest of their spread is amazing as well and it's only $20 Per person. The family and I are there pretty much every Sunday before or after church.

Oh and they make made to order Belgian waffles that are to die for.

Went to the boathouse last night... Sucked

Care to elaborate on why? They've been great for my wife and me, and all my friends that have gone have really enjoyed it. Not trying to belittle or anything, just curious as to why