Question for the mazda guys. (2010ish speed 3)

pontiacfreak142

Raced a guy with a 2010 speed 3 the other night, quick little car, but of course he just kept saying it was stock. He did pop the hood, i saw a "cold" air intake, i know it was at least missing some of the exaust, and his buddy gave up that it has a tune.

Any idea what one of these would make with at least those mods? Looks like they make 263/280 stock and only weigh 3200 ish pounds. From what im seeing, they pick up a good bit just from bolt ons and tune.

If it's a test pipe w/ a CIA & tune (probably an upgraded inter cooler too, esp. if you didn't see sitting on top of the engine) it would be close to 300 hp/tq at the wheels. Usually a higher torque #

You shush lol.

Im not sure on the intercooler, didnt think to look. Just kinda looked like a cover that said 2.3 di turbo i think

If it still had the cover than probably not, Only corksport makes an upgrade that keeps the cover.

What color was it?

Lame, Pontiacfreak should be better.

At least your GTO won't eat it's connecting rods at 350 wheel. Sounds like that guy has done about all that is safe for a stockish MS3. Like others have said around 300 wheel.

Waiting for Tim (pdqs4) to opine in a SWOT analysis of the Mazdaspeed 3...

Mine simply had a CAI and a mild tune. Put down 270/290. Rain pretty rich but the tune is solid and hasn't blown up an MS3 so I was good with that.

The tune also removed the boost limiter in gears 1-3 and allowed the car to build boost to 6500rpm vs 5500.

From a roll she was a lot of fun but FWD did suck as launching it was a bitch.

I can live with that loss then considering it sounds like were pretty even power wise and hes over 600 pounds lighter lol

woah woah woah woah woah....WOAH WAIT.WHAT?

So what you are saying is..... your GTO is only 300rwhp?

and here I thought I was only faster than a standard hemi charger/challenger.

woah woah woah woah woah....WOAH WAIT.WHAT?

So what you are saying is..... your GTO is only 300rwhp?

and here I thought I was only faster than a standard hemi charger/challenger.

Yep 300 on the dot actually lol.

It ran 13.5 with a 2.12 60 foot spinning pretty good.