So if you saw a drone with a camera in your backyard....

TTQ B4U

The one in the story I posted? Don't know, don't care. Again, he should have shot it, picked up the mess and moved on. Fuck talking to the four bastards in the truck. Let them prove their story. Why he did anything more is beyond me. Did they see him shoot it? Can they prove it was him that did? Did they have evidence? I'm sure there are details we don't have.

if they were recording him, it would have been live streamed to their cell phone so they have proof he did it, and you bet your ass I'd make sure you replaced mine if you shot it... so I have a feeling they saw him and knew he did it. No idea why they were recording him though... multiple sides to a story that we won't know from an article.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one in the story I posted? Don't know, don't care. Again, he should have shot it, picked up the mess and moved on. Fuck talking to the four bastards in the truck. Let them prove their story. Why he did anything more is beyond me. Did they see him shoot it? Can they prove it was him that did? Did they have evidence? I'm sure there are details we don't have. Like most people, he got himself in more trouble by what he did after he took it down than he would have had he just STFU and went about his day.

you are right, he should totally have not done the right thing and owned up to destroying the helicopter because that would keep him out of trouble. In fact I think you just found the solution to prision overcrowding - if you break the law, keep your mouth shut.

if they were recording him, it would have been live streamed to their cell phone so they have proof he did it, and you bet your ass I'd make sure you replaced mine if you shot it... so I have a feeling they saw him and knew he did it. No idea why they were recording him though... multiple sides to a story that we won't know from an article.

can't say about the live streamed part. the one we use records on-board. I wouldn't really care, they'd have to prove they have me as the shooter or the one that destroyed it. In my case, I'd pop that fucker from a pretty hard to see spot. My pellet rifle is dialed in pretty tight too. Doubt I'd miss if they hovered for even a moment. Ask any beer can disguised as a squirrel in my area....oh wait, there are none. :gabe:

The one in the story I posted? Don't know, don't care. Again, he should have shot it, picked up the mess and moved on. Fuck talking to the four bastards in the truck. Let them prove their story. Why he did anything more is beyond me. Did they see him shoot it? Can they prove it was him that did? Did they have evidence? I'm sure there are details we don't have. Like most people, he got himself in more trouble by what he did after he took it down than he would have had he just STFU and went about his day.

Yes the original article you posted is what I was referring to. You should go back to debating how the pilot he was trespassing passively by means of a remote controlled toy. That holds more weight than destroying property and hiding the evidence.

That holds more weight than destroying property and hiding the evidence.

Different strokes for different folks. Now excuse me while I go test out my laser jammer to better my odds of not getting busted breaking the law on my drive home. :fa:

You know as well as I do that even in simple traffic stops you say little to nothing. Cops aren't there to "help" you.

I tell everybody that. I was just being funny.

I do find it odd that you are going out of your way to defend what is clearly not ok behavior but whatever. I kind of understand it because I feel the same way about government installed cameras all over NYC but guess what - I don't act on it (or maybe I did by moving to Ohio).

I tell everybody that. I was just being funny.

I do find it odd that you are going out of your way to defend what is clearly not ok behavior but whatever. I kind of understand it because I feel the same way about government installed cameras all over NYC but guess what - I don't act on it (or maybe I did by moving to Ohio).

Meh....we all have our quirks and odd beliefs. I actually don't mind the big brother cameras in NYC.

Different strokes for different folks. Now excuse me while I go test out my laser jammer to better my odds of not getting busted breaking the law on my drive home. :fa:

Laser jamming aka flooding a cops LIDAR gun with random beams of light is not against the law. Doing the same thing with a radar jammer is because of radio waves and FCC laws. You can do what you feel is best but have fun being a criminal. You will receive no sympathy for me when you get in trouble.

Laser jamming aka flooding a cops LIDAR gun with random beams of light is not against the law. Doing the same thing with a radar jammer is because of radio waves and FCC laws.

So you don't feel that it in anyway is an obstruction of justice as a LEO goes about his duty serving and protecting us on the roads?

So it's okay to do so simply because of some trivial loophole that still exists for the time being? Am I still not breaking the law by speeding, even if getting caught is prevented due to a loophole? So is my preventing being caught for taking out a drone flown by some dickhead that seems to think has the "right" to fly in my backyard, a self created loophole? I mean the proof is on him not me. Just like a cop has to prove I was breaking the speed limit...let' the games begin!

You're right, I guess I'm going to continue having fun breaking the law on the road too.

So you don't feel that it in anyway is an obstruction of justice as a LEO goes about his duty serving and protecting us on the roads?

So it's okay to do so simply because of some trivial loophole that still exists for the time being? Am I still not breaking the law by speeding, even if getting caught is prevented due to a loophole? So is my preventing being caught for taking out a drone flown by some dickhead that seems to think has the "right" to fly in my backyard, a self created loophole? I mean the proof is on him not me. Just like a cop has to prove I was breaking the speed limit...let' the games begin!

You're right, I guess I'm going to continue having fun breaking the law on the road too.

Your sense of integrity is questionable. It is not okay to use a trivial loophole just because you can. If you think otherwise you really should work on changing your beliefs. I will never use any type of jamming because that is impeding the LEO from doing his job. If I speed and get caught I will pay the ticket. I will not go and fight the ticket in court unless I truly did not break the law. End of story.

I've said this many times before on this board, "Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something".

Have fun being an evil human.

Your sense of integrity is questionable. It is not okay to use a trivial loophole just because you can. If you think otherwise you really should work on changing your beliefs.

You said it yourself, a laser jammer is legal and not criminal to use but by using a legal device it's my integrity in question? I said it's a loophole but is it really?

I will never use any type of jamming because that is impeding the LEO from doing his job. If I speed and get caught I will pay the ticket. I will not go and fight the ticket in court unless I truly did not break the law. End of story.
Good for you man. You stand up for your belief system. No different than anyone here really. I bet you even file to pay taxes on internet purchases made where it's not collected. Stand up dude.

Relax man.....stop taking things so seriously... Edited by TTQ B4U

http://i.imgur.com/IdtqmFK.jpg

You can fly a drone nearly everywhere you want, as long as you don't fly in a no fly zone. I sold my quad because I was sick of people freaking out about it. I mean holy shit, if I fly 200' over your propery(not even your house) at 30mph I promise I'm not spying on you. It's actually quite remarkable at how perinod people are about them. One flew 10' over my house. The family waived at it. One neighbor called the cops, and shocking they didn't show up. I already know the police said there was no law broken. I mean the smallest propery around me is 5 acres, not like I was in a development. (Which again would still be legal)

Your sense of integrity is questionable. It is not okay to use a trivial loophole just because you can. If you think otherwise you really should work on changing your beliefs. I will never use any type of jamming because that is impeding the LEO from doing his job. If I speed and get caught I will pay the ticket. I will not go and fight the ticket in court unless I truly did not break the law. End of story.

I've said this many times before on this board, "Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something".

TruthBomb

If you'd like to see my wiener, please fly your "drone" into my yard.

Your neighborhood big, hairy Puerto Rican,

Christian

I'm getting that 17yr old engineering student to mount a 9mm on mine for just such instances :gabe:

You can fly a drone nearly everywhere you want, as long as you don't fly in a no fly zone. I sold my quad because I was sick of people freaking out about it. I mean holy shit, if I fly 200' over your propery(not even your house) at 30mph I promise I'm not spying on you. It's actually quite remarkable at how perinod people are about them. One flew 10' over my house. The family waived at it. One neighbor called the cops, and shocking they didn't show up. I already know the police said there was no law broken. I mean the smallest propery around me is 5 acres, not like I was in a development. (Which again would still be legal)

my neighbors have said similar things about shooting and calling the cops until their children all saw how cool they were and now one neighbor has actually purchased one... the cheap ones have such crappy cameras (if a camera at all) that good luck even getting a decent shot, the expensive ones, honestly, I spend more time seeing how high I can fly mine and take videos of the sky or try to chase down birds with my first person view... trust me, we aren't interested in looking in your windows... now if you have a hot 18 year old daughter that likes to sunbathe nekkie in the back yard.... well.... all bets are off

My neighbor's kid accidentally threw a frisbee on my roof and I kept it because fuck him it's my property. Greg's orange frisbee now, he shouldn't have been flying it over my house.

I'm with Jewtoys on this one, remember when men were tough and could handle a drone hovering over them without getting sore vaginas?

My neighbor's kid accidentally threw a frisbee on my roof and I kept it because fuck him it's my property. Greg's orange frisbee now, he shouldn't have been flying it over my house.

I'm with Jewtoys on this one, remember when men were tough and could handle a drone hovering over them without getting sore vaginas?

Honestly, no I can't. For the past 3000 years men have been massive vaginas about someone infringing on what they deem to be theirs.