College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

Missed the skycam wire thing. What happened?

1. Utah went 3 and out.

2. Utah punter kicked it, and clipped the SkyCam wire.

3. Oregon got excited by their great field position.

4. Oregon got blue-balled by the refs when they voided the punt.

5. Utah went to kick again. Snap was high. Utah punter caught it one handed and ran it for a 37yd gain and first down.

6. Utah scored, again, on that drive.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Utah went 3 and out.

2. Utah punter kicked it, and clipped the SkyCam wire.

3. Oregon got excited by their great field position.

4. Oregon got blue-balled by the refs when they voided the punt.

5. Utah went to kick again. Snap was high. Utah punter caught it one handed and ran it for a 37yd gain and first down.

6. Utah scored, again, on that drive.

Ah. I missed the first attempt. Thanks.

I was just thinking that as well. They look like a shell of a team that used to dominate. The only thing that resembles the team of past is the uniforms lol

Ucla totally dominated. Pac 12 champs?

I have a feeling the top four teams are gonna be newbies and not so much the perennial power Hooters we have expected from past couple years.

My top four at the end of the year

Lsu

Ucla

Norte dame

Baylor

I have a feeling OSU, Michigan and Michigan st are gonna collide and fuck the big ten.

The sec is straight fucked but I think LSU squeaks out of it and fournette wins heisman which will put them in the play off.

Lsu needs something other than fournette. He is a beast, but they need something else to finish it off.

Lsu needs something other than fournette. He is a beast, but they need something else to finish it off.

Yeah, it'll be interesting if/when they run into a defense that actually forces them to throw it a little.

After what Utah did to Oregon today Michigan is looking pretty damn solid.

Cable. LOL.

My DirecTV actually set itself up to record the ESPN Alternate channel for some reason. I only caught it maybe 15 minutes before the game started and was able to set up a proper recording on ABC.

Michigan will absolutely be ranked. What they did to BYU was almost good enough but the only team they've lost to (by 1 score, on the road) going into Autzen and potentially putting an end to this era of relevance for Oregon football sealed the deal. Northwestern had a shaky day but are dealing with some injuries and Duke beating GT and Stanford continuing to look good will only help them. Then of course Ohio State, Michigan State and Wisconsin did nothing to hurt their positions. With Ole Miss and TCU having rough outings today there won't be any further shaking up of the top 5.

Something interesting I thought about with regards to Oregon tonight... Chip Kelly isn't exactly lighting it up in the NFL. We've seen some college coaches fail in the NFL and come back pretty quick. Petrino took a strange route but he's right back where he made his name in Louisville. People are talking about Schiano maybe going back to Rutgers with all the issues they're having off the field. Could Chip Kelly get fired by Philadelphia and just slide right back into the HC job at Oregon? Think about how much a program like Miami may have loved to go back and grab Butch Davis after he failed in Cleveland.

Weird cross species athletic slogans: #ArizonaWildcats with "Bear Down", #Auburnfootball with "War Eagle"...others?

Oddly, the wife and I were just wondering what the hell "Row the Boat" had to do with Western Michigan yesterday during the game after seeing all the rowing and oar references in the W. Michigan apparel. We were like, "Aren't they they Bronocos? Wtf is up with the rowing?"

So, there's another one, kind of.

Does Stanford having a tree as a mascot count?

Oddly, the wife and I were just wondering what the hell "Row the Boat" had to do with Western Michigan yesterday during the game after seeing all the rowing and oar references in the W. Michigan apparel. We were like, "Aren't they they Bronocos? Wtf is up with the rowing?"

Apparently, that is straight "PJ Fleck". It's his big thing, and he has managed to convince them to put it on the uniforms. I'll say this, watch out for that dude. PJ is gonna be a big time coach, and probably in the next few years.

Judges say they will accept the Stanford Cardinal/Tree thing, as long as we throw in the Alabama Crimson Tide/Elephant.

One more I noticed, that isn't cross-species, but is still weird, is Minnesota and "Ski-U-Mah", which crosses the language barrier.

As Orion mentioned, the "rowing the boat" thing is all PJ Fleck. Here's a full explanation... http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2013/05/wmu_football_coach_pj_fleck_ex.html

WMU also had what looked like tree stickers on their helmets. So you've got a Broncos team with oars on their backs/shoulders and trees on their helmets. They're just all over the place.

Edit: picture with a good view of the helmet stickers from yesterday's game... http://photos.theozone.net/photos/2015_2016/Football/20150926_OSU_vs_WesternMichiga/15-09-26-FB-1009-DH.jpg

And going back to my original pick for the 4 playoff teams I had Oregon, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Georgia. Oregon is obviously gone. Ohio State and Oklahoma are still alive. Georgia is very much alive and they are actually favored over Alabama this weekend. First time since vs. Florida in 2009 that Alabama is the underdog. 72 game streak of being the favorite. Of course I think we all know what happened in that game in 2009... Nick Saban stole Urban Meyer's soul. Urban clearly took it back this past January so now we see if Mark Richt's soul is available for the taking.

I remember the last time Georgia and Alabama got together for a highly anticipated match-up that had a lot of people thinking Georgia would come out on top: Georgia had a "black out" and then Alabama proceeded to send Georgia and their fan base to a funeral.

My original 4: Ohio State, Auburn, Clemson, and Arizona State. Obviously, I'm at least 50 percent disabled. The jury is still out on the other 50 percent. This weekend will tell us a whole lot about Clemson.

Auburn might not win another game. Same goes with Arizona State.

Boise st ..always over rated,,look at the conference they play in

Nebraska..30 years ago that would have been something today not so much

UCLA..pac 12 again that conference is over rated

and they play as independent

again I'd compare them to a decent mac team

mace

Your dumb. Boise always over looked? How about that fiesta bowl verse Oklahoma?

Your acting like Nebraska is nothing. They are no push over but do not dominate their schedule.

Pac-12 over rated? Wake the fuck up and watch some college football other than your Buckeyes. guarantee they get a team in the play-offs.

Michigan is not "back" but they sure are making some noise. My prediction is they beat MSU at home, give OSU a game but loose because of OSU talent.

Hoping my SEC east champs Indiana can take care of business this week

Credit for teh funneh on that one, however, I have to agree with Aaron. If you are going to call someone dumb, you better not look dumb doing it. The "Lose/Loose" error is like the "false start" or shit talking. You didn't even get credit for running a play. I look at that whole post, all I see is "I can't spell, I'm dumb".

I find when calling someone names, especially ones that insult intelligence, your grammar better be spot on. If not, it's almost impossible to listen to anything you have to say after it...

Credit for teh funneh on that one, however, I have to agree with Aaron. If you are going to call someone dumb, you better not look dumb doing it. The "Lose/Loose" error is like the "false start" or shit talking. You didn't even get credit for running a play. I look at that whole post, all I see is "I can't spell, I'm dumb".

No offense Aaron, but I don't see you adding any value to the conversation besides calling me out on grammar used on a car forum.

Orion if you want to call me out check out your grammar as well on the first and second sentence, if you want to be politically correct.

Me calling someone dumb is nothing new on CR. Calling out the fact that some OSU fans love to talk shit about other programs/conferences, but only watch OSU games.

Orion if you want to call me out check out your grammar as well on the first and second sentence, if you want to be politically correct.

Lollerskates. Taylor struggling with the difference between intentional grammatical silliness and actual ignorance. I supposed that should come as a surprise to no one. Another flag, this time for illegal procedure. Your drive is going nowhere.

A breakdown of your actual post would go something like this;

Boise St is NOT a player in the CFB playoff (unless you are one that considers the role of "spoiler" to be one of import), and won't be, until they join a legit conference (far be it from me to suggest the Big12 is "legit", but the world is a strange place). Additionally, bringing up a bowl win from 8 years ago earns you 4.5 out of 5 "snoozies" for use of an irrelevant example. A freshman in that program today was in elementary school when that win occurred.

The Pac12 is hardly "overrated", but there are some overrated teams in that conference. Zona, for one, and probably Oregon, at least this year. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the winner of that conference is in the playoff. I would be equally unsurprised, however, if that winner of that conference has 2 losses.

The B1G is better when TTUN is relevant. I hope they win every game except for one, because then it will feel so much better to crush those dreams.

The B1G is better when TTUN is relevant. I hope they win every game except for one, because then it will feel so much better to crush those dreams.

There are a lot of people who describe themselves as "old-school" who want Michigan to lose every game. Every single game. I'm definitely of the same mindset as you though. Let them get a bunch of wins, lofty ranking and then OSU takes them out. Now, to be fair, I have only been a true fan of OSU football since 2002 (right from the beginning of the season, not at the end after the title) so I've only experienced 2 losses and they were in seasons where there was weak hope of a national title (2003) or no hope of a national title (2011). I've never had to experience years like 1995 or 1996 where Michigan spoiled potential Ohio State national championships. So maybe my thinking will change if I ever have to deal with that. Hopefully I never have to find out.

Anyway, the black jerseys OSU will wear vs. Penn State should be unveiled sometime this week. Details point to something that looks very much like the mock up Urban had in his office during an ESPN visit last season...

http://i.imgur.com/ZLRGvYR.jpg

Black jerseys, black pants, black helmets, scarlet shoes/socks. In the picture it looks like the numbers are silver/gray with a scarlet outline. Not a huge fan of black jerseys but at least they should look decent if they stick to something like that and not the horrendous things that came out over the summer.

Anyway, the black jerseys OSU will wear vs. Penn State should be unveiled sometime this week. Details point to something that looks very much like the mock up Urban had in his office during an ESPN visit last season...

:barf:

I had to live my childhood through all of those years, so beleive me when I say "Fuck TTUN...right in their neon yellow and boring blue asses". That very fact is what makes me feel the way I do. So what? We ran another shitty coach out of town when UM was already having a losing season. No, fuck that, the faces of those kids and coaches at the end of the 2006 season, when they were #2 and we were #1 and we punked them and crushed all those fucking hopes and dreams...THAT'S the face I want to see on UM fans, coaches, and students EVERY Saturday after Thanksgiving....EVER.

I find when people comment on someone's grammar they have no actual knowledge or anything of value to add on the subject at hand. This is textbook bitch move in most cases (as seen here).

I posted my opinion of his comment. Nothing more.

No offense Aaron, but I don't see you adding any value to the conversation besides calling me out on grammar used on a car forum.

Me calling someone dumb is nothing new on CR. Calling out the fact that some OSU fans love to talk shit about other programs/conferences, but only watch OSU games.

Your dumb.