College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the red leaves looked awesome. The black unis themselves were a little meh, but the helmets were on point

"Hello sir, welcome to Hot Topic! Check out these totally awesome skulled-out beanies - 25% off all weekend! What's that, you'd like some cool ganja stickers for your Trapper Keeper? See Skyler at the back register to see what we've got in stock."

Baylor near to passing us in the AP poll. I know we haven't played a murderer's row, but who have they played?

I secretly hope Baylor, TCU, or even Oklahoma make the playoff, as I'm convinced they'll get murdered by any team that has anything close to a pulse on defense.

We are further ahead this week than we were last week. More first place votes too.

OSU took back a first place vote from Baylor but people are more consistently voting Baylor at 2 and 3. They did close in a bit... OSU was ahead by 21 points last week, only 12 this week.

The whole thing with Baylor right now is that they've beaten everyone pretty much as expected. They've played just one defense ranked in the top 100 but even in the games where OSU has played defenses ranked outside of the top 100 they haven't beaten them like Baylor has been beating their cupcakes.

It's not a huge issue though since everything will sort itself out as the season goes on. Baylor and OSU's schedules are both loaded on the back end. Baylor finishes the season vs. 3 currently ranked opponents and Texas. OSU will also face 3 currently ranked opponents to close out the season if they make it to the B1G title game.

I like Cardale a lot. I really do. He gained so many points in my book for his "press conference" early this year deciding to come back to school, and with his stature, he will FOR SURE get, at bare minimum, a chance in the NFL, but JT is undeniably the better fit for THIS OFFENSE, THIS YEAR. He's simply a smarter player, and makes defenses stay honest. Cardale has a rocket of an arm and tries to brute force his way into running plays, and those are certainly great NFL qualities, but we need a QB who keeps defenses guessing.

I like Cardale a lot. I really do. He gained so many points in my book for his "press conference" early this year deciding to come back to school, and with his stature, he will FOR SURE get, at bare minimum, a chance in the NFL, but JT is undeniably the better fit for THIS OFFENSE, THIS YEAR. He's simply a smarter player, and makes defenses stay honest. Cardale has a rocket of an arm and tries to brute force his way into running plays, and those are certainly great NFL qualities, but we need a QB who keeps defenses guessing.

Could not agree more with this whole post. Dude is a Buckeye Legend for life, at the very least.

Tommy Schutt is done for at least a few weeks. Broken Wrist. I know he wasn't killing it this year, but you hate to see a kid's career potentially end that way. Hopefully he'll be back for the last few games.

I heard that. It's too bad, but he'll be back for our big games

I've been really impressed with some of our young guys on defense. In particular Sam Hubbard and Tyquan Lewis. Both are complete beasts and would start on 95% of CFB teams.

As a vocal "Cardale should start" guy in the pre-season, it pains me to say that whatever magic he put together in those last three games has either faded, or the changes to the personal have had a severe impact on his style of play. Also teams have actual film with which to game him, but I doubt that would be a huge factor. Clearly JT is better built for the offense we are running.

As a vocal "Cardale should start" guy in the pre-season, it pains me to say that whatever magic he put together in those last three games has either faded, or the changes to the personal have had a severe impact on his style of play. Also teams have actual film with which to game him, but I doubt that would be a huge factor. Clearly JT is better built for the offense we are running.

Yep. I was for JT to be the guy all along though. I'm tired of the dumb shit. JT was, is, and always will be a better fit for this system . He has proven it on the field DURING GAMES now too. What else will it take?

JT Barret is Ohio states Marcus Mariotta. He need to be playing all the damn time. He is a great threat back there. The guy has skills and an extremely high football iq. He also has the IT factor that Cardale doesn't have.

Agreed

I secretly hope Baylor, TCU, or even Oklahoma make the playoff, as I'm convinced they'll get murdered by any team that has anything close to a pulse on defense.

I agree about Baylor and TCU, would be great to see them crumble.

I hope this was the final straw Urban needed to grow some balls and officially list JT as the starter.

Me too.

Those unis and helmets were killer.

I loved them too.