College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

Tim Beck

Can you honestly say OSU has looked good on offense all year?

They looked good in the Rutgers game where JT was named starter and put up a million points and yards and they looked decent against a weak Michigan D. After the Rutgers game they looked mediocre against Illinois and Minnesota and then lost to Sparty. If it wasn't for OSU's D they would have lost to A few other teams this year.

You can be all excited for individual players but in the grand scheme as a Unit they were lackluster

Good thing they only played and beat three teams with a record of .500 or better

You dont want to play OSU this year. Another loss to OSU would put Alabama and the entire SEC into a tailspin that they may not recover from. ESPN cant have that.

So, we will likely not get in this year, which deep inside you are relieved beyond words.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Beck

Can you honestly say OSU has looked good on offense all year?

They looked good in the Rutgers game where JT was named starter and put up a million points and yards and they looked decent against a weak Michigan D. After the Rutgers game they looked mediocre against Illinois and Minnesota and then lost to Sparty. If it wasn't for OSU's D they would have lost to A few other teams this year.

You can be all excited for individual players but in the grand scheme as a Unit they were lackluster

Good thing they only played and beat three teams with a record of .500 or better

No, I've been very vocal in saying that OSU has looked fairly mediocre to terrible all year. It's weird to say this about an 11-1 team (or whatever we are), but they have been fairly disappointing all season long. They have looked cumbersome at best on offense, and, at worst, completely lost, like they did against Michigan State. The QB thing to begin the year was a mess, and I blame that on Meyer. The playcalling has been a combination of a snoozefest and some pathetic attempt to make sure certain players (like Braxton) get a certain amount of targets just for the sake of targeting them, which I blame on Tim Beck and also on Meyer. The defense has played great for the most part and - I agree - is the reason why they won as many games as they did. However, the offense has never really looked in sync, and it's shown. This team had so much promise on paper, and that never panned out. I guess that's why they bother to play the games and not just decide who wins and loses based on stat sheets, returning starters, and NFL potential.

I'm an Ohio State homer through and through. But this Ohio State team has looked fairly bad for the vast majority of this season. Based on their last performance, I'm optimistic that they have turned the corner and will play with the same style, aggression, and passion that they showed to end last year's run. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be able to showcase anything in the playoff, as I don't think they'll make the playoff. And that, quite frankly, is their fault.

So, at this point, I am hoping that Ohio State plays the part of USC and just goes out to the Rose Bowl and absolutely waxes some Pac12 team. Hell, we might even get a chance to wax USC themselves out there this year.

They liked lights out against Rutgers and then proceeded to look like high schoolers next three games. What's going to kill this OSU team and what's going to kill Ohlahoma is sitting around and waiting to play again. All the rhythm is gone. Atleast the top four have this week to prepare and stay together and play.

Yeah, I am sure they are just sitting around. I am sure they are not taking the time to work on their offensive strategies for whoever they have coming up. OSU's problem is not a lack of talent - they arguably have more talent than anyone else. Their problem is play calling - that can be fixed with a few weeks down time. Bowl preparation is plenty of time to fix some of the things that were/are broken.

On another note, I think everyone has discounted the crazy injuries we suffered at the beginning of the year that wiped out almost our entire WR corps. I am not buying the "2 or 3 losses" next year either given that WR corps will be back as will JT. We will find a TB though he clearly will not be at the level of Zeke, he will be good. We still have a lot of young talent on the D as well.

They liked lights out against Rutgers and then proceeded to look like high schoolers next three games. What's going to kill this OSU team and what's going to kill Ohlahoma is sitting around and waiting to play again. All the rhythm is gone. Atleast the top four have this week to prepare and stay together and play.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2NQAkntiwzE/TW5RAkl9WbI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/G_-PCr0KqXg/s1600/ID_Super_Salty_To_The_Rescue_by_DizziKatz.jpg

Yeah, I am sure they are just sitting around. I am sure they are not taking the time to work on their offensive strategies for whoever they have coming up. OSU's problem is not a lack of talent

For what it's worth jive has a sort of point here. Coach time and field time are extremely limited at this point by the ncaa. Alot of what's done from here on out is player run study groups and iPad time.

For what it's worth jive has a sort of point here. Coach time and field time are extremely limited at this point by the ncaa. Alot of what's done from here on out is player run study groups and iPad time.

No its not. Bowl practice is exactly the same as in season practice.

No its not. Bowl practice is exactly the same as in season practice.

Standard 20 hr rules apply but your not building to a final testing ground and leaving a shortened gap between games. And ya most of their time at this point is just spent in front of a screen.

Hey Jive, how do you feel about your boy Kirby leaving for Jawja?

I'm sad Kirby smart is gone after this year. Talks are he is lead candidate for Georgia :-/

Posted that days ago :( from what I have read Pruitt is gone from Georgia and rumor he is coming back to Bama. He was the DBC/DC 2008-2012 when we won the championships. He left in 2013 to go to Florida st and won a championship first year as DC. Evidently there is some issues between him and Kirby so he for sure is t staying in Georgia.

I'm just being antagonistic. I'm sorry. I'll stop.

Haha... good. I was honestly a little confused because you were literally posting some of the same stuff I was posting myself (ie. not needing to throw vs. Michigan).

And as LJ posted, Ash is out of the Syracuse race. He's still almost certainly going to end up elsewhere though.

Toledo's OC getting their HC job is good. Warinner was sniffing around there.

The one I posted in here?

He said it was a follow up rant, so I am assuming it was one that happened after the one you posted.

Then again, I didn't think a one-loss B12 team had a prayer to get into the playoff, so what the hell do I know.

Here's my list:

1. Wisconsin

2. Florida

3. USC (who I would love if I didn't hate)

4. Notre Dame

5. Michigan

6. Penn State

7. South Carolina

8. Every other SEC team except Georgia, who I kind of like (because I feel sorry for them)

The list is somewhat interchangable, depending on various factors (like how good or bad the team has been lately).

Also, coming on strong and may find it's way on to most hated list:

Baylor - because those fucking idiots are a bunch of whiny thugs

Teams that I actually like/root for most of the time:

1. Oklahoma (and Bob Stoops, who gets shit on way too much for no reason)

2. Oregon

3. Clemson

4. UCLA

5. West Virginia

HATE:

1) TTUN

2) USC

3) Texas (still salty)

4) Florida (still salty)

5) MSU (still salty)

Secretly love:

1) 'Bama (although it's quickly dissipating, more of a respect/historical significance nod)

2) Oregon

3) WVU

4) Kentucky (WHY?!)

5) Cincy (WHY?!)

Eff the rest of the B1G and eff the entire SEC and all their fans who root +SEC and -OSU. Pick your team and root for them you bottom feeders.

While I'm going all kamikaze on this thread, here's something that's fucking fantastic:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/30/9821260/navy-helmets-uniforms-army-game-ships-boats-kaboom-2015

Fan-friggin-tastic.

Let's just start settling in with the idea that we'll probably have 2-3 losses next year. Didn't we all say "I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS AS LONG AS URBIE GETS US A NATTY!" a few years back? Well, here we are. Our team is all but completely new next year, and our staffing is in shambles. We knew for a while that 2015-2016 was the year we were setting up for, although we busted a nut early.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/369/377/5bd.jpg

Jive

Can you honestly say 'Bama has looked good on offense all year?

FTFY

Herman officially staying at Houston. Dude could have had pretty much any job available out there and is sticking it out for at least one more year with the Cougars. They open next season at NRG Stadium in Houston against Oklahoma.

Of course, OSU also plays Oklahoma early next season in Norman. Oklahoma has begun some pretty serious renovations for this off-season that will be completed in time for the 2016 season so they'll have a national audience to show it all off when OSU comes to town.