2016 Camaro Reviews

ForeverMaker

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exterior is hideous, the interior is hideous, yes its quick but I wouldn't live with one everyday, just my opinion.

I do like the gauge cluster though with that large configurable display and the HUD.

It's funny - I am not crackly about the exterior as I think it looks too much like the Mustang.

It's funny - I am not crackly about the exterior as I think it looks too much like the Mustang.

There are similarities in the profile I guess, but I love the swooping fastback of the Mustang, and it has a far better looking posterior than the block of an ass Camaro. Not to mention that Grand Am looking spoiler......

I don't think it will be that substantial once all is said and done. Looks like a 2015 Mustang GT starts at 33k right? The 2016 Camaro SS looks like 37k. Question will be options and can you really find a GT for 33k? You might be able to - I don't know. I do know the Camaro SS comes loaded - would love to see a stripper model but do not expect to see one :(

They're all over the place, actually. Mine and Hoblicks are base GTs with PP.

4k is 4k thats 12% more for the base car, and the 1LE package was a grand more than the performance package, etc. It adds up, thats all I was saying.

Also, Ford and Chevy are smart, doing alternating releases, keeps things fresh, keeps each other working hard, etc. I fully expect this to make the mustang better for their mid cycle refresh, but ultimately won't "match" the camaro in all out specs since Ford's price is significantly lower. The camaro has always lost on paper specs, but drill down into the differences between the 5th gen 1LE and PP GT and you quickly realize, the handling and braking differences are 100% tire choice.

GT with PP is around 36k, no?

Camaro 1SS $36,300.00

Camaro 2SS $41,300.00

Question is.. do I NEED magnetic ride? hmmm.

Magnetic Ride Control $1,695.00

read above.

Also, I'd do mag ride, it'll help on resale too.

Be CR, complain about "big ass", "slab sides", "weight"...and "windows".

Be Aaron, only read the windows part. Also, race with the car in "R". Also, seem not to understand that side and rear visibility would probably be as, if not more, important to someone "cruising to and from work and putting around town".

Yawn, have you driven one?

You're vision is going old man ;)

There are similarities in the profile I guess, but I love the swooping fastback of the Mustang, and it has a far better looking posterior than the block of an ass Camaro. Not to mention that Grand Am looking spoiler......

I agree though, on paper, not a fan of the 6th gen looks. I'm sure I'll get used to it, as I always do.

hmm I was seriously considering this car after reading the articles. I kinda like the exterior too. Not a fan of the rear but its not a deal breaker. Hmm, maybe maybe... And I'm on the list for a 16 GT350.

And then I saw the maro's interior. OMFG that is hideous. Did they hire the designers from Fischer Price that used to do the old Pontiac interior trims? *puke*

Dealbreaker.

It could do 0-60 in 1sec and shit gold. I can't look at that dash all commute.

Im pretty excited to see one in person. We are supposed to be getting them in by late November/early December. The Camaro has always been a car that you love or hate and like the Camaro or not your still going to be pissed when you have to look at that fat ass as your getting drug down the road. :lolguy:

Motor Trend article Camaro vs. Mustang: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427279

cliffs: Mustang is more of a comfortable cruiser, gets the nod on the interior. Camaro a more of a performer, gets the nod for its gearbox & fun at the limit.

interesting stat:

0-110

Camaro 11.4

Mustang 12.9

Motor Trend article Camaro vs. Mustang: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427279

cliffs: Mustang is more of a comfortable cruiser, gets the nod on the interior. Camaro a more of a performer, gets the nod for its gearbox & fun at the limit.

interesting stat:

0-110

Camaro 11.4

Mustang 12.9

Be cautious with that info, the mustang was fully loaded, weighing about 100lbs more than the base GTPP. Also the Camaro was a base car.

There is rumor that the new Camaro won't hit the weight targets, like the ATS-V, so we will see if others verify the weights and times published.

I do miss those aspects of the Mustang.. hop in and go to work no problem. Handled rain and light snow like a boss.

I'm liking the new Camaro a bit in pictures, wonder if I'll like it in person.

Be cautious with that info, the mustang was fully loaded, weighing about 100lbs more than the base GTPP. Also the Camaro was a base car.

There is rumor that the new Camaro won't hit the weight targets, like the ATS-V, so we will see if others verify the weights and times published.

This is a test of the actual car - why are you talking about rumors on its weight? The options between the 1SS and 2SS should not be that significant as far as weight. Ford will need to go back to the drawing board which is good for all of us. The Camaro will be faster in V6 and V8 forms until Ford answers. I like that it is not only faster in a straight line (significantly) it is also faster around corners. Great platform on which to build the next 1LE and ZL1

This is a test of the actual car - why are you talking about rumors on its weight? The options between the 1SS and 2SS should not be that significant as far as weight. Ford will need to go back to the drawing board which is good for all of us. The Camaro will be faster in V6 and V8 forms until Ford answers. I like that it is not only faster in a straight line (significantly) it is also faster around corners. Great platform on which to build the next 1LE and ZL1

Mustang fanbois, I tell ya.

Other verified tests is what we're waiting on.

Also, ford won't do anything significant until the next model. The refresh might bump it to 450hp, retune suspension and maybe add wider wheels and tires, but that's all until the next model comes in a few years.

Also, this is only 100lbs lighter, and like 2mph trap speed faster, on a car that costs 4k more. Imo, performance less than the camaro should be expected.