ANOTHER Advice Thread

Orion

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can give people a hard time here all we want, but there is a compliment to people posting WWCRD. We are a very diverse forum. Aside from the motorist interest, people share a lot of info that helps many other people on here. Why not bounce your situation off such a wide verity of people? Maybe someone has a Gee Wiz view point that you had no idea was an option. Sadly, some of us that are experience in many of life's hurdles, and find it easy to take shots at people who are asking advice. I'm guilty of it myself. Just because we may have settled into what is working for us, doesn't mean we should have a discouraging approach to others who seek advice. We lived and learned, or someone helped us at some point. Even though some advice threads can be challenging to phantom that person's outlook, it is their life, not ours. It does make it tough when we post the same advice or point people in a proven direction over and over, yet they still buy a doublewide and do heroin.

CR should be better? CR is fine. We are realistic and helpful. But, not everyone likes getting their info in the same way. So, filter what you like and don't. Put your feelings to the side, and see things for what they are.

We can give people a hard time here all we want, but there is a compliment to people posting WWCRD. We are a very diverse forum. Aside from the motorist interest, people share a lot of info that helps many other people on here. Why not bounce your situation off such a wide verity of people? Maybe someone has a Gee Wiz view point that you had no idea was an option. Sadly, some of us that are experience in many of life's hurdles, and find it easy to take shots at people who are asking advice. I'm guilty of it myself. Just because we may have settled into what is working for us, doesn't mean we should have a discouraging approach to others who seek advice. We lived and learned, or someone helped us at some point. Even though some advice threads can be challenging to phantom that person's outlook, it is their life, not ours. It does make it tough when we post the same advice or point people in a proven direction over and over, yet they still buy a doublewide and do heroin.

CR should be better? CR is fine. We are realistic and helpful. But, not everyone likes getting their info in the same way. So, filter what you like and don't. Put your feelings to the side, and see things for what they are.

agreed, will continue to seek and give advice.

I guess it's better than just sitting around and bitching about crowdfunding works.

I guess it's better than just sitting around and bitching about crowdfunding works.

How is works is not the issue. What people think should be funded by others is the issue.

You seem to have so much knowledge, but you may or may not be helpful.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m556/senimsaj/d18c9de7.gif

How is works is not the issue. What people think should be funded by others is the issue.[/QUote]

Its a free country, thankfully people don't live according to your view on morals. But you are also free to express your dissatisfaction and your judgement of strangers based on a singular activity, and I am free to find it laughable that this is what keeps you up at night. It's a vicious cycle.

You seem to have so much knowledge, but you may or may not be helpful.

Knowledge isn't a trophy on the mantle of those who possess it, and it is only useful to those who are willing to receive it. If you have it to share you have lost nothing, and whether it is helpful is entirely on the recipient.

Ben Franklin said "we are all born ignorant but we must work hard to remain stupid". that seems to be the crux of what people are saying here - "we keep giving good advice but nobody takes it"...

my take is...so what? so you aren't going to give advice anymore? I didn't realize that advice came with an obligation.

People are going to do whatever. there's no rhyme or reason to it, human nature is mysterious and surprising - that's what keeps life interesting. does that mean you should stop? no - free exchange of ideas is how a society grows collectively. should you stop expecting that people have to "take" your advice or they are dumber than you? yeah probably because that really is vanity.

or do what ever. This is the internet - it's just entertainment that maybe causes you to learn something almost by accident. It's like TV, but the next generation.