The hell did I do?

vonrottes

Got bored and decided to flash the 1 bar MAF W/ RTT to my hoopty.

Used the same tune file the truck is currently running.

Flashed the new file and it would not start without pressing the throttle to the "Flood clear" threshold

once it started if I held the throttle above 1,000 rpm it would run fine.

setting the idle speed in VCM scanner to 760rpm it would stay running.

but if I turned off the idle control it would idle down and die.

blipping the throttle or restarting the engine would cause it to not idle again.

Reflashed the original tune file and had the same issue once I got the ECT up to around 170 it was just fine..

I don't claim to know what I'm doing in HPT but this has me really confused.

but I started it while I was setting the laptop up. Started up just fine and idled like normal. but started freaking out when I flashed the new OS.

Using OS 12205612 -> 1283011

Did I just miss something in the setup?

I'm assuming its the same...

It's just the HPTuners Real Time Tuning modification.

411 PCM?

If its doing it with the last working tune as well, you have something else going on....Likely non tune related. I cant remember if I can open files without my Cable, But I can take a peek at the two files if you want and see if I see anything that stands right out....Im no tuning pro, but I have had to play and tune quite a few things with HPT over the last few years with my many mods.

411 PCM?

If its doing it with the last working tune as well, you have something else going on....Likely non tune related. I cant remember if I can open files without my Cable, But I can take a peek at the two files if you want and see if I see anything that stands right out....Im no tuning pro, but I have had to play and tune quite a few things with HPT over the last few years with my many mods.

896 pcm... I think... The original that came with the 2000 LR4 when I bought it..

It's been fine since I reflashed and let it run for a couple minutes. On the non modded file.

But I'll upload the files when I get home..