Recomend me some tires

Lustalbert

The V needs new rubber, seeing what is out there that is good.

Its a daily driver, so not looking for drag radials or something that you can stick to a wall with, but definitely not looking for something that lasts 80k miles and has no grip either.

I currently have AS530s on it, and they have done well.

245/45R18

Must be able to drive when raining.

Must be able to corner worth a damn.

must not completely suck in the snow.

Bonus if you have driven on that tire and can attest to is lack of sucking under those conditions.

Thanks

I have the dws on my Wrx. I've never had any issue with them on the street, and while autocross isn't great, it's not like you are pushing a terrible tire, definitely an all season I will probably get again for my stock rims.

I've driven the same bmw on DWS, and pilot sport as3. The as3 is noticeably better, would not hesitate to use them in the future if I had to get a no-season tire.

Still shitty in the snow though. If I had to rely on a rwd car in winter I'd get winter tires, but with an lsd you're probably better off.

I prefer my current BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S to the Conti DWS I previously ran, especially in terms of handling. They seem to perform better all around except for snow (also reflected in the reviews).

Looks like there is a new "DWS 06" out, not sure how the G-Force Comps would compare to those.

I prefer my current BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S

Those are what I just put on the Mustang stock wheels for the rally this summer. I haven't driven on them in snow yet. They did just fine in the rain and I was happy with them (for an A/S tire) at the AutoX last week.

Pilot AS/3

The Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires do no hold up well in wide/low profile tire sizes as far as life span, especially on a car that they can't be rotated. Dealerships/Shops love them because they are cheap, ride well, and happen to come in the massive AMG Mercedes sizes that normally cost $650+ per tire. Added to that the side walls are super soft thus compromising handling.

For those with Subaru's they wear better because of AWD and the ability to rotate as needed. I had a set for 8K miles and ditched them at 6/32 due to poor snow performance. I switched to Pure contacts which feel like they have a harder side wall.

I had Conti DWS on my gen1 CTS for a few years...thought they were amazing, mostly because the shit they replaced was so bad. They did grip pretty good and wear was decent. I still vote summer rubber. I'll never go back to trying to have real fun on all-seasons. It's night and day IMO.

I have the Pilot AS3 in the exact size you are looking for. They are great in rain/snow, solid in summer, but the sidewalls are definetly soft (I cant imagine having something worse.) I did an autocross a bit back on them and at 34psi I was getting a lot of sidewall rollover

I'm getting Potenza RE970AS for my next tire, had them on previous car and they were far better handling although I chewed through all of the tread (literally slicks) in 2 1/2 years/about 20k miles. Snow wasn't impressive however.

1.Pilot as3+

2.Nitto motivo/Toyo proxies 4 +(same tire)

3.Bridgestone 970as

4. Anything else

5. Fuck dws' on heavy cars. They lack steering response due to ther paper thin shoulders and are suspect to impact breaks and sidewall blowouts on lower profile fitments. If you can manage to keep the sidewalls in 1 piece they'll likely get to 15k/20k miles and develop a hop that won't go away.

Ps let me know if I can help... derek 614-519-2971

Edited by TurboRust