VW TDi owners waiting for a buyback, what are you shopping?

Got-Boost?

Anything catch your eye or what are you planning to get next?

I've been out looking at a little of everything and wondering if I'm missing anything. It's going to be a DD so not looking for anything crazy but would like something fun.

So far I'm interested in...

2017 Golf R

http://i60.tinypic.com/jruziu.jpg

2017 FOCUS RS (interior is pretty cheesy though)

fqjgnouv1if2ibvqroiq.jpg

Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel

http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2013/02/01-2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-ecodiesel-fd.jpg

2017 Camaro 2SS (not really on my list but looking)

http://www.torquenews.com/sites/default/files/image-106/50th_anniversary_camaro_0.jpg

Looking for something that gets 28-30mpg+ HWY and a little fun. Would like to stay in the $40k-ish range or less. It doesn't have to be new but would prefer something reliable with a great warranty to go along with it. Just bored and looking, figured maybe if you're bored you could help... :thumbup:

2013-15 Audi all road

2014-15 BMW 328d Xdrive Sportwagon

2013-2016 Lexus CT200h F sport in ultra sonic blue

2014-2015 Lexus ES300

2013-2015 Toyota 4runner TRD PRO

Maby something VW if VW offers money off to keep VW but nothing else really appeals to me.

Nope, keeping our 14 Passat.

I thought so also but doesn't make sense to get $7k when they're paying me $28k for it.

2013-15 Audi all road

2014-15 BMW 328d Xdrive Sportwagon

2013-2016 Lexus CT200h F sport in ultra sonic blue

2014-2015 Lexus ES300

2013-2015 Toyota 4runner TRD PRO

Maby something VW if VW offers money off to keep VW but nothing else really appeals to me.

328d...hmmm...

This VW "recall" is a mandatory either or, correct? If you keep it you are required to get it fixed or you have to sell it back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing official but it sounds like it. Unless you don't want any money than keep driving it like it is. You can't get money until it's repaired..

you wont be able to, to get the buy back or mod money you must have owned the car pre september 28, 2015. after that vw will just say sorry, you took advantage of the low cost and require you to get the modifications at no charge to you.

I know a few people that went out and bought 2-3 of these and they have just been sitting on them since. I laugh knowing they are not going to get crap hah.

you wont be able to, to get the buy back or mod money you must have owned the car pre september 28, 2015. after that vw will just say sorry, you took advantage of the low cost and require you to get the modifications at no charge to you.

I know a few people that went out and bought 2-3 of these and they have just been sitting on them since. I laugh knowing they are not going to get crap hah.

I had to think there would be a clause.

Not to derail the what would you "buy" part of the thread, but what do they really want you to "fix", in a cliff note version.

Didn't realize value was that bad on them, down in the $40k's already?

High 40s/low 50s. I'll grab one off auction with the burmester- one of the best sounding OEM systems out there.

I may want the AWD sooner than I though so leaning more towards the "R"...

Just can't decide on the Limestone Gray or Lapiz Blue???

Blue if you want people to know right away you have an R, grey if like more of the sleeper look.

Limestone looks great in the sun. Blue does as well and I think it is a little darker than what photos show. To me, the blue is the original color of the R32. Don't think it is the same as the MKIV or MKV but still nice.

Too bad the US models do not get those wheels, but with some spacers and VWR springs the stock wheels look decent.

Limestone looks great in the sun. Blue does as well and I think it is a little darker than what photos show. To me, the blue is the original color of the R32. Don't think it is the same as the MKIV or MKV but still nice.

Too bad the US models do not get those wheels, but with some spacers and VWR springs the stock wheels look decent.

Actually for 2017 those wheels are available in the US! ;)