Selling my Edge- Questions about Quick Buyers

mrs.cos

So, while i love the interior of my edge, I just hate driving the car. My heart is always going to be in a Subaru.

I dont feel like going through the rigeramo of craigslist, and autotrader and the length of time it will take to sell the car.

Has anyone sold thier car to Carmax or similar places? I have read that while they don't pay top dollar, they are reasonably fair on what they buy. Its a popular car and will easily sell.

Anyone with experience or know of places other than carmax who might be worth checking out?

If you're honest about condition, KBB's instant cash offer option can be a good resource. Basically you give them as much info as possible and participating dealers will give you cash offers.

It can be a good way to get the door-to-door search over with quickly.

I've sold 2 cars to Carmax and felt I did very well, but I've had probably 10 cars appraised by them and laughed at some of them. So it definitely depends on the vehicle.

This but you also must remember like every other dealership as well

1: your selling you car for them to re condition and resell to make profit

2: If it is to high of miles or to old or to bad they will auction it, so they need to buy it to resell and make profit, at auction, and that person is buying it to resell and make more profit. So obviously you are going to get a low offer as it needs to be resold 2 times at a profit both times.

Dealerships are not coming to you begging to buy your car for a reason. Your going to them to see what it's worth to them so don't be those people who complain how a dealership didn't offer you a fair price to buy your car when they are not the ones coming to knock on your door to own it. Large dealerships are not pressing to buy cars to that point so take a offer with a grain of salt.

Also some dealerships will offfer "more" because they are actually going to make more on you through finance So the dealerships like Carmax and Ricart that offer to buy it out right vs trade it in will tend to always be a little lower because they are not making a dime from your finance

My next car wont be so easy to find.. I have to sell this one first.

Being that you are a Subaru person, even though you have a short stent with the Flex, Jorden was not able to find the Subaru I was looking for. It was only through a private seller that I found it. This is not a hit on him, I think it frustrated him actually. What is the next car you are getting?

Definitely call Jordan. Carmax low blows. When my sister was getting divorced we had to sell a vehicle and they offered 2k under everyone else. It is a free offer though so you can always try.

I entertained CarMax for an offer on my specB. Even though I feel I was able to find a buyer and get high value for the car, CarMAx offered $8,000 and I sold it for $14,xxx. I guess if you are getting rid of a pretty common car, they are fine.

Thanks for everyone that mentioned getting ahold of me!

Trish, we do purchase vehicles without you trading in as well. Feel free to shoot me a call, text, or email. If you send me the VIN, miles, and a couple pics, I can shoot you an estimate before you make the trip.

My cell is 740-229-9222 and my email is jordan@jetautogroup.com

If you're honest about condition, KBB's instant cash offer option can be a good resource. Basically you give them as much info as possible and participating dealers will give you cash offers.

It can be a good way to get the door-to-door search over with quickly.

We (JET Auto) are also a KBB buying center. So if you do try the KBB service, I can still help with the transaction.

I will say this... 99% of the time my number is better than KBBs anyways.

What don't you like about it? My wife really wants one for her next vehicle.

Honestly?

Nothing. It's a great car. It's fully loaded, comfortable, big but not huge. Lots of tech, and spoiling addons. And it's made to fit tall people so Nathan doesn't have to drive all the time because he only fits in the drivers seat... I can easily see why it's one of the best selling cars out there..

But I'm a glutton for a car that doesn't have all the features I want but has the features that I'm in love with. I just want a wagon. A true wagon. I miss my outback so much, and I really just want another one.

I wish I could get her to accept the Outback. She says it "looks like an alligator."

Subarus are an aquired taste. I wasn't sold on an out mback till I found "the one". I was totally into a legacy GT wagon till I found my outback..