June 29 & 30th - Mid-Ohio

SchmuckGirl

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It cool, my local rider is taking care of it but thanks! 3 track prepped bikes are sitting in my parents garage, Schmuck, Schmuckgrl, and myself are turning in for the night to get up, load the bikes and roll.

See everyone early tomorrow!

Perfect weather today! I believe everyone made it pretty safe, 1 wreck with one of the groups guys, but I dont think hes too messed up. His bike runs but needs some TLC to say the least.

Some dude hit the wall going into 1 just decided to go straight and that ended our day after 2 laps of our final session, which sucked. Hope he's ok but pissed I lost my last session.

Perfect weather today! I believe everyone made it pretty safe, 1 wreck with one of the groups guys, but I dont think hes too messed up. His bike runs but needs some TLC to say the least.

Some dude hit the wall going into 1 just decided to go straight and that ended our day after 2 laps of our final session, which sucked. Hope he's ok but pissed I lost my last session.

What wall are you referring too? I can't think of a wall straight ahead by turn 1. There is the pit wall but I don't know how you would hit that as it goes parallel to the track. Hopefully he is okay though. Have fun tomorrow guys.

What wall are you referring too? I can't think of a wall straight ahead by turn 1. There is the pit wall but I don't know how you would hit that as it goes parallel to the track. Hopefully he is okay though. Have fun tomorrow guys.

Nick it was turn one. One of the STT instructors is on my facebook and just posted the pic of the dudes bikes. I guess it only had a little over 200 miles on it. Black R6 right????

Nick it was turn one. One of the STT instructors is on my facebook and just posted the pic of the dudes bikes. I guess it only had a little over 200 miles on it. Black R6 right????

Yeah...this was the one. Caught a glimpse of the bike on the way out...real fug'ed up.

Track day was a blast....weather was perfect. Weathermen...least accountable people in the world.

the I level was pretty fast today,and some passes was little bid too agresive.they let us pass inside and outside in turns.

me and my friend were make in around 1:48 a lap,its better then 3 weeks ago 1:53.

please lets have little bit of the today weather tomorrow.

Ya, he did aim for it as my dad told me. He and mom were standing at the top of the keyhole grass and saw the whole thing, dude just went straight and laid it down then into the wall. Mike said the bike is F'd royally. All I saw was a ton of dirt, a yellow flag, then I made 2,3, and the keyhole, and then red flag and medic trucks etc. It didnt sound pretty and I hear the dude was asking to go ride solo all day, he made 1 lap and they moved him back behind the instructor..

Riding over your head comes to mind.

Rusty glad you all made some good time improvements! Zorro didnt really get to talk to ya much man, but heard you rode real good. And yes the weathermen suck. Lets hope tomorrow holds off for us too.

Also, the photographer that was there gave us his card, we ll post a link to order pics from. Hes a friend of a friend from Dublin and does good work, showed up on a phone call yesterday from my bro up here.. I think we got him hooked up with STT for random shoots too.

He was in the keyhole, S's and a few others places. He talked to Monty and is getting stuff setup so thats dope.

Zorro didnt really get to talk to ya much man, but heard you rode real good.

we ll post a link to order pics from. Hes a friend of a friend from Dublin and does good work, showed up on a phone call yesterday from my bro up here.. I think we got him hooked up with STT for random shoots too.

Thanks. It was tough making rounds...especially after trying to hook up with the suspension guy, food, drinks. Next time for sure. And definitely post that link...I know there was a pro taking pics.

the I level was pretty fast today,and some passes was little bid too agresive.they let us pass inside and outside in turns.

me and my friend were make in around 1:48 a lap,its better then 3 weeks ago 1:53.

please lets have little bit of the today weather tomorrow.

I group was definitely moving today. Seeing as how I was moving pretty slow thanks to not being healed up from my crash at Beaver, I was on the receiving end of quite a few passes that were shakey.

Rusty, I just checked the camera and apparently I got bumped into still photography mode for the 2nd half of the day. Sigh...so there isn't any video of your friend. I am going through the earlier disc and do have you for a few laps I believe. I will watch it and let you know what I have. It'll take about an hour to transfer only my computer.

And I have all of yesterdays stuff to work on sometime also.

And a BIG thanks to schmuck for helping me power change out my antifreeze for water/water wetter so I could bump into the intermediate group. And another thanks to Lizard for letting me move up with the approval of my instructor! Had a blast in intermediate for the first time!

Edited by SJC1000rr

Had such a great time.... and man I am BEAT. I guess the consensus from both track coaches yesterday and today was that I have good form and just need to work on speed and smoothness. I think I'm going to put my bike back almost to stock gearing or just -1 in the front. Being -1, +2 was really fucking up my world for the last two days. Every time I roll on and off the throttle it was jerking the bike and disrupt the chassis. Anyway, had a blast, learned alot and can't wait to try Grattan or Putnam.

I won't do 2 days back to back again though. I was so exhausted by the middle of this afternoon that my legs were shaking. My instructor followed me and said I wasn't getting off the bike as much but it was because I couldn't lift myself from side to side!

The website for the photog is jasonjosephphotography.net

Oh and I am here to humbly say, that I have ALOT to learn, I need ALOT more experience and seat time and I have ALOT more respect for people who are truly fast on a racetrack. There is so much that goes through your mind and so much trust in your body and your machine. Someone compared it to golfing, in that alot of the competency is in your head and I totally agree. I really hope that I can get through some mental barriers and become more fluid and quick out there.....

I LOVE OUR HOBBY!!!