June 29 & 30th - Mid-Ohio

SchmuckGirl

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I might need tires as well as tire warmers and a front stand . . damn it this is going to get expensive. . . almost forgot brake pads, battery, and a chain.

Kyle, you need brake lines and to ADJUST your damn brake lever!!!!!. Your pads have half the life of mine and should be fine but you have one squashy ass lever for turn 1. that sucked ass. Yes you need race tires ASAP and warmers are necessary to keep them living longer. If you do a chain, do your sprockets too but your gearing was in a good place for putnam really so there isn't much point to making any major changes there. Get a walmart or batteries plus battery. after that start worrying about rearsets and clipons.

BUT GET SOME DAMN BRAKE LINES!!!! I thought mine were bad.

Kyle, you need brake lines and to ADJUST your damn brake lever!!!!!. Your pads have half the life of mine and should be fine but you have one squashy ass lever for turn 1. that sucked ass. Yes you need race tires ASAP and warmers are necessary to keep them living longer. If you do a chain, do your sprockets too but your gearing was in a good place for putnam really so there isn't much point to making any major changes there. Get a walmart or batteries plus battery. after that start worrying about rearsets and clipons.

BUT GET SOME DAMN BRAKE LINES!!!! I thought mine were bad.

Yes Ma'am! :p . . I just don't know if I want to put them money into this bike. I'd rather spend the money on making an 07-09 more track friendly. 29 pounds (not sure where I read it was 40) difference in dry weight?

How do you adjust the brake lever? I have Pazzo levers and I thought that was really all the more adjustability you got beyond doing lines and pads to increase feel. My lever feels squishy beyond my liking....

She means re-bleeding the lines or new fluid

Factory brake lines?? If there is no air in the system you shouldn't be smashing your fingers unless the brake fluid is so hot that the lines are expanding when you grab the binders. If that's the case the bike is overdue for upgraded lines.

ATE Super Blue last fall, no air in the lines. I get around the track pretty well on it for a noob, she just wasn't use to a bike that is four years older than hers and set up a little different. For not being use to the bike, and fresh from going down on her bike, she was getting it pretty good.

Sweet.

I'm surprised there is much difference between the bike's brake systems. I wouldn't have thunk it. Does she have radial mounted calipers? I don't even know what you ride. (Hell' date=' I don't know what she rides other than it's a Honda)[/quote']

We both have the 600rr mine is an 03 and hers is an 07, I do believe that her bike has the radial mounted caliper while mine does not.