College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny that penn state shows up for 1 game a year

Saw it coming from a Mile....

Never forget playing Madden College Ball on Sega (or whatever the fuck it was called) - Point is I played OSU's best team vs Some bullshit Penn St team (@ Penn State). Penn State was unstoppable. Ran me into the ground. NEVER FORGET.

Meh. Win out, and still doesn't matter.

And I think this allows a fairly good reset. Youthful arrogance was creeping in.

I will be concerned though if any of these games in the future have inclement weather. It might be circumstantial but this coaching staff just butt puckers hard when there is iffy weather, and it runs off to the players whom realize they are being conservative and thus they tighten up as well.

Still not worried about Michigan, they will turn up... assuming there is no rain wind or weather, then I will chalk up the L

I wouldn't say Tom Hermans stock is dropping but these two losses are not helping him. Houstons season just imploded.

JT Barrett is an average qb and we are seeing it now. Past two years he has been surround with NFL talent. He probably had the best all around supporting cast in college football. Now you see him with good talent but nowhere near what he had and he isn't all that impressive. Passing game is atrocious and the running game is fluttering. If it wasn't for OSU's incredible front four on D and how deep they are there this team would have 3 losses already.

Wisconsin and PSU both showed a glaring weakness, the tackles on the O line are horrible. Then the D line couldn't get a constant decent push either week.

Yes both places are tough to play at and every team brings their A game against us.

Also, JT can't go downfield with the ball nor can he throw to his left.

But I think the field goal that was rushed, WHY???

Are we so big headed that the coaches didn't think the fg could be blocked? Ran back??

This will humble us and we will pick it up but maybe it's too late in the season and we lost to an unranked team.

mace

After sleeping on it and thinking about it more, here are my thoughts about last night...

It's a good thing we lost. We are still in complete control of our own destiny with a shot at the playoff. There are clearly a lot of things we need to fix on offense and I honestly believe if we pulled out the win last night they wouldn't be fixed. With the loss, Urban won't sleep until it is fixed. We forget that this team is the youngest team in College football. They're going to make mistakes. I've been saying ever since MSU imploded that we could afford 1 loss to any team as long as it wasn't to Michigan. I truly believe we will correct the offense and go on a tear from here on. The Michigan game will still feature two top 5 teams. The season is far from over guys, losses happen.

How about you all just beat Nebraska first, then worry about the playoff. LOL

#cartbeforehorse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How about we beat Northwesterm first then worry about Nebraska? They look more impressive than Nebraska the past few weeks...

We did not deserve to win but not calling a pass interference on that one was BS

Yep, the refs are so quick these days to call pass interference every chance they get, I'm shocked they didn't call it there. Definitely should have been flagged.

How would this play out. Let's say penn St runs the table( very likely as the hardest game they have left is Indiana, sparty is terrible). Ohio St beats Michigan. That would leave Ohio st, Michigan and Penn St all tied for the conference with pen St having the tie breaker over OSU. Would that leave Ohio st and Michigan out of the conference game?

How would this play out. Let's say penn St runs the table( very likely as the hardest game they have left is Indiana, sparty is terrible). Ohio St beats Michigan. That would leave Ohio st, Michigan and Penn St all tied for the conference with pen St having the tie breaker over OSU. Would that leave Ohio st and Michigan out of the conference game?

No. Ohio State would go to the B1G championship game. It would essentially be a 3 way tie so the tie breaker is the highest ranked team goes

Everyone is sleeping on Michigan, understand they play almost the same schedule this year. Michigan hasn't allowed but 1 game get sketchy. Michigan is also growing with this season, sorry guys but this Michigan team is a freight train.

I highly doubt anyone is sleeping on Michigan.

I think OSU lands around 8 or 9 when polls come out. Need Nebraska to beat Wisconsin to fluff the reaume a little. Thankfully this is week 7 and not week 12, lots of football yet to play with tons of scenarios to unfold. Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing