College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it when someone says one team is over rated you automatically assume I'm putting the winning team down or slighting them. I have been saying for weeks on here Nebraska is over rated. I also said weber and samual will have a field day against the zero running defense Nebraska has. I was right. 250 yards rushing.

Lsu was totally overrated. Honestly I feel like penn state, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan, and osu would have all dominated lsu. Maybe even northwestern and a motivated Indiana. Their offense is as one-dimensional as any other I have seen, and fournette is not the back he was last year.

The sec is garbage this year. Literally only one team deserves to be in the top 15

Michigan's schedule is laughable. Outside of Wisconsin and Penn State - both of whom they played at home (versus playing there at night) - they have played nobodies. They could be good or they may be fool's gold; I guess we probably have to wait until they play Ohio State to find out which it is.

Alabama's defense does look really good. However, plenty of bad teams have scored on them. And I think LSU is awful, which makes Alabama look better on defense than what they likely are.

The SEC East is a car fire. They will likely send a 4 loss team to Atlanta for SEC CG.

I wonder how Washington would fare against a team that actually plays defense. I think that is what has hurt the B12 and PAC and even ACC teams in recent years: once they leave the defense-is-optional confines of their leagues they get beat up on.

A good defense always beats a good offense in college, at least it seems to me.

I predict 9 B1G schools go to a bowl and 11 SEC schools go to a bowl.

I make a bet with anyone that keeps running there mouth. Bet would be which conference sends most teams to bowls and best winning percentage.

The SEC has 14 damn teams LOL, I bet the SEC sends more teams as well. I bet the SEC loses more bowl games than the B10 does

Here's a legit question, do they really need to invite any one else to NY for the Heisman outside of Jackson? It's been a really strange year for CFB as I don't think there's 1 absolutely dominate team, nor more than 1 player that really is in the conversation for Heisman.

Jackson is on another level right now. I do t think there needs to be any other finalist. give give the kid the Trophey right now.

B1g and sec both have 14 teams. My offer still stands for a bet. It can be one bet or two. Conference with modt bowl eligible teams and beat winning percentage In bowl games. Only true way to say which conference is "best."

Jackson is on another level right now. I do t think there needs to be any other finalist. give give the kid the Trophey right now.

Agreed.

OSU is in a decent spot now. Would be better if we were undefeated, but oh well. U of M stays undefeated and we beat them in a few weeks, we're in.

Looking at next week.

USC beats Washington.

I would love to see Bama, OSU, Louisville, and Washington in the playoff. Though I don't see Clemson....clemsoning.

B1g and sec both have 14 teams. My offer still stands for a bet. It can be one bet or two. Conference with modt bowl eligible teams and beat winning percentage In bowl games. Only true way to say which conference is "best."

Well the B1G already has 2 teams eliminated from bowl eligibility and the SEC has 1, so this would be a stupid bet to take

I mean when the SEC schedules powerhouses like Chattanooga and Jacksonville State, I would certainly hope they could muster the 5 wins it takes nowadays to be in a bowl.

I'd say Alabama is clearly the most dominant team right now.

My top 4 and first two out currently are...

1) Alabama - Pass the eye test and get extra points for being Bama

2) Michigan - Potent offense and maybe the best D in the country

3) Washington - One of the best and most dominating offenses in the country

4) Clemson - Undefeated but should have 1 loss to a team that might not make a bowl

5) Ohio State - When playing to full potential it's them and Alabama

6) Louisville - Have the best player in the country

A few nightmare scenarios for college football..

SEC:

Alabama loses to Auburn then Auburn loses to Florida in the SEC CG

B1G:

Penn State wins out, Michigan loses to Iowa and us, Penn State goes to B1G CG

Pac 12:

Washington loses to whoever they play in the PAC CG

ACC:

Clemson loses in the ACC CG

B12:

Oklahoma loses another game

If you've noticed, every P5 conference has one division that has 1 or more teams left in the hunt for the playoff still and the other division is pretty much out of it. But if there was a year that a 2 loss or multiple 2 loss teams were going to make it, this would be the year.

2 loss teams that I still think have a shot...

Wisconsin - Win out and win the B1G CG and they might be in since their only 2 losses are to top 5 teams.

Auburn - Beat Alabama and win the SEC CG and they are probably in

Oklahoma - Could they creep their way back into it? If enough nightmare scenarios happen, you never know.

Penn State - They gotta hope UM loses a game before Ohio State then hope OSU beats them and then PSU is in the B1G CG and with a win against a most likely top 6 Wisconsin team, they could be in.

Pulled this from a Rivals poster... Really puts things in perspective of why Washington gets no respect (and probably shouldn't just yet).

So, simply being unbeaten warrants being in the top 4?

OHIO STATE games vs teams with winning records:

@ #7 Wisconsin

@ #9 Oklahoma

@ #12 Penn State

#21 Nebraska

Tulsa (7-2 with losses to OSU and Houston pre-collapse)

Indiana

WASHINGTON games vs teams with winning records:

Stanford

@Utah

**Also played a FCS opponent.

COMPARABLE GAME (Rutgers):

OSU won by 58, outgained them by 553 yards, +23 in first downs

UW won by 35, outgained them by 74 yards, -4 in first downs

What part of Washington's resume suggest they should be ahead of Ohio State? Nothing outside of being undefeated, but the reality is that their schedule is pathetic and there's a bunch of teams that would be undefeated playing it.

Correct me if i am wrong, but Penn state has 2 losses, so if we win out the rest of the season we get to go to B1G championship right? I know PSU has a non conference loss, but we would have the better overall record. I just don't see how they would get to go to B1G CS with a worse overall record.

Correct me if i am wrong, but Penn state has 2 losses, so if we win out the rest of the season we get to go to B1G championship right? I know PSU has a non conference loss, but we would have the better overall record. I just don't see how they would get to go to B1G CS with a worse overall record.

No because head to head is the first tie breaker, PSU beat OSU. If Michigan was to lose before OSU game and lose to OSU, PSU goes to the Championship game.

If Michigan and PSU win out and Michigan loses to OSU (PSU, OSU, Mich tied), OSU will go because overall record comes in to play for PSU, then OSU has head to head over Michigan.

If Michigan wins out, it's clear Michigan goes.

Crazy thing is if Michigan wanted to fuck OSU, they could drop the IU game (rest players) before the OSU game. If PSU were to win out, the outcome of the Michigan OSU would only decide if PSU or Michigan were to go to the B1G Champ Game. PSU at that point would only have Michigan St (in happy valley) and Rutgers (in NY)to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Benjamin

No because head to head is the first tie breaker, PSU beat OSU. If Michigan was to lose before OSU game and lose to OSU, PSU goes to the Championship game.

but its not a tie, yes our conference records would be tied, but does overall record not mean anything?

but its not a tie, yes our conference records would be tied, but does overall record not mean anything?

Overall record does not come into play until the second tie breaker. They are tied in the conference.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161107/bab09a42fb79a10433a5e0f3710dc7bf.jpg

Any OSU fan that wants Michigan to lose before the OSU game is not a real OSU fan. They clearly don't understand what is good for the OSU program. OSU's fate is directly tied to Michigan this year like it or not. PSU should win out.

It would be similar to the same BS that kept us out of the playoff last year losing to MSU even though they really had no business going to the playoff and it showed.