College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of teams that could easily hand Ohio State their ass right now (or how Ohio State has played of late). That doesn't justify the mystery A&M ranking, however.

The cynic in me thinks the committee did it just to spur interest / conversation in the committee, the process, etc. Because now all we are doing is standing around the water cooler talking about the A&M ranking.

In all fairness A&M is a much better team then OSU. They are a complete team. You cannot say with a straight face OSU is better then A&M.

Why? Ohio State beat two current top 15 teams and A&M beat 1? Why exactly is that farfetched to believe that OSU is better than A&M? What exactly is your reasoning?

Big Ten fans may want to keep their fall Friday nights as well as their fall Saturdays open in 2017 and beyond.

Jim Delany announced Wednesday afternoon, via Teddy Greenstein of The Chicago Tribune, the Big Ten will play on Friday nights in 2017 and beyond.

The selected games could be announced as early as late Wednesday afternoon. There is a caveat to the selection, though. Delany said the league is "reluctant" to ask schools with "giant seating capacities" to host Friday night games.

This would seemingly rule out Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, etc.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith told Tim May of The Columbus Dispatch the Buckeyes won't hold a Friday night game in 2017. However, the Horseshoe will host a Friday night tilt once every three years.

“All things considered,” Delany told The Tribune, “we thought it was worthwhile to dip our toe in the water.”

Big Ten fans may want to keep their fall Friday nights as well as their fall Saturdays open in 2017 and beyond.

Jim Delany announced Wednesday afternoon, via Teddy Greenstein of The Chicago Tribune, the Big Ten will play on Friday nights in 2017 and beyond.

The selected games could be announced as early as late Wednesday afternoon. There is a caveat to the selection, though. Delany said the league is "reluctant" to ask schools with "giant seating capacities" to host Friday night games.

This would seemingly rule out Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, etc.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith told Tim May of The Columbus Dispatch the Buckeyes won't hold a Friday night game in 2017. However, the Horseshoe will host a Friday night tilt once every three years.

“All things considered,” Delany told The Tribune, “we thought it was worthwhile to dip our toe in the water.”

Wow, I had to go find the article to make sure you weren't BS'ing.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2016/11/02/big-ten-moving-to-a-schedule-includes-friday-night-prime-time-games.html

So I was thinking about it and there are a lot of traditionally solid teams (from a historical perspective and recently) that are just plain shit this year...

Texas

Notre Dame

Oregon

Stanford

Michigan State

Florida State (Not that shitty, but to their standards shitty)

TCU

UCLA

Georgia

So I was thinking about it and there are a lot of traditionally solid teams (from a historical perspective and recently) that are just plain shit this year...

Texas

Notre Dame

Oregon

Stanford

Michigan State

TCU

UCLA

Georgia

Ohio State :gabe:

Fixed that for you

Texas

Notre Dame

Oregon

Stanford

Michigan State

TCU

UCLA

SEC (Minus Bama)

Fixed that for Lauren

Friday night b10 games is dumb in my opinion. I can not see it helping recruiting for the schools playing those games. You essentially lose 1 game for a recruit to be at because they are playing in a game themselves on the same night. This wont hurt the big schools like SCUM, PSU, MSU and OSU, but will hurt the smaller schools.

All the big schools (pun intended) have already come out against Friday night games. It's pretty obvious that the B1G didn't even remotely confer with the schools before coming out with this shit. Unless the goal all along was to have Rutgers vs. Iowa on Friday night?

I think Friday night games are stupid. Friday is for high school foosball and work; Saturday is for shotgunning Natty Light at 8AM and turning on College Gameday and not moving from the couch for 17 hours.

On 97.1 the ticket (Detroit Radio)interviewed Harbaugh live on the air Thursday, they asked him about what he thought about the B1G Ten Friday games and Michigan opting out. He responded "They did? What? I have not been told about this." It was a funny interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think Friday games would be stupid.

However, I also think noon games are stupid. Prime match ups should always be played in prime time. Yes, this includes OSU - Michigan.

Oh, and why I'm giving the finger to tradition, I also think they should put a dome on Ohio Stadium and play all late afternoon/evening games there. This would effectively cease any whining from people who say (erroneously) that the Ohio State - Michigan game must be played at noon because it's so cold and hurty to play outside at night in late November wah. And I'd go after bigger events like playoff games and super bowls and shit too once I put a roof on Ohio Stadium. Why? Because I'm entrepreneurial like that. That will hurt the feelings of a lot of people who have gray hair and can remember seeing Chic Harley playing in person. Sorry not sorry.