October 23rd - CR Private Suite @ NTR

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nice when there were only 5 of us in the suite.....mystery science theatre 3000....haha

I made one pass 11.27@127

I need to get the tune done now.....oops

Big THANKS to CR for getting us pizza and beverages too!! Thanks guys.

Edited by DKilbourne

Saw quite a few more people than I thought I would and never even made it up to the suite.

Turbo went 11.0 @ 129 with a crap 60' so I'll take it. Possibly the most boring pass I've ever made down the strip. Crazy fast but the car does all the work.

Clay thought that was you. Very nice.

I didn't have any traction issues. All 3 passes the car burned out straight and hard. The first pass was a softer launch and let out a little early since that was my first quarter mile pass in this car. Second was a disaster, tried to get the engine to come up to the limiter on the brake and it died .... 17 second reaction time. My third and final pass was the best pass I've ever had in the car. Under the tower I could feel my heart beating and was taking deep breaths to try and calm down. The car burned out straight and hard again. Backed up quick and got staged. This time I let the car warm up just a little more and it came right up on the trans brake. I had pulled .1 second out of the delay box, and for the first time ever I remembered to release the button on the top bulb. The car left before I saw the green light come on and I assumed I red lit. Either way the car launched hard and pulled hard all the way through the finish line. I shut the motor off after the quarter mile and let it engine brake and I have to admit I was a little nervous about getting the car slowed down, but it did and I made the turn off without incident. I was hoping for an 8.50 pass, but didn't quite make it. There is plenty more in the car.

Thanks Anthony and CR for arranging this. The suite was great, and I love Cottage Inn Pizza.

Didnt run any of your cars?

No point in running mine, they don't perform as I'd want them to. I just can't get into beating on my stuff at the drag strip when it doesn't impress me or be fast enough to be fun. I know what they will do.

If you were there you'd have gotten to spend some time hanging out with me, that's about all that's fun for me about going to Trails. If nobody I know is there to hang out I have no interest in that place at all.

• Casper unpinned this topic