Blue jackets kickin ass and takin names

mrs.cos

We've greatly been enjoying the games! It's made it financially impossible to go see them but we're very happy for them!

I know Ben is watching with me.. who else is watchin??

16 in a row tonight!!

Edited by damreds
Shut up brian

16 wins in a row is such a difficult/amazing accomplishment, I never thought I would see anything like this from the Jackets.

Been watching every game on TV, went to a game last week. This team is so fun to watch right now. I'll go to a few more games this year and at least one playoff game. I was there a few years ago against Pittsburgh when they finally won a playoff game. That was the single best sporting event I've ever been to

I've tried to be a realist and avoided being pessimistic about the current run but after the win against my old team NY Islanders I'm just enjoying it now. The huge win over the pens a few weeks ago was proof that the team is legit, they're not just running the table of the bottom teams they're facing really good clubs. Next two games against the Caps and NYR will be tough for sure.

I was at Game 4 against the Pens playoff series a few years ago and it was insane. Despite aftermarket tickets getting crazy expensive I'm going to try and get a ticket to this saturday's game against NYR. IF they carry the streak to that game they have a chance to make history.

Again trying to be a realist, but this team is crazy good and keeps defying expectations.

I keep thinking of the 02 oakland A's, yeah it was a crazy good run but did they win the championship that year? did they even go deep in the playoffs? (I think they lost in the first round but I'm not a huge MLB fan)

I want record but I would much rather they have a serious and deep playoff run to show how good they really are.

This has been such a fun streak to watch- I've watched most of the games and went to the one on Dec. 23rd against the Canadiens. These next two games are going to likely be their toughest yet. I'm sure NYR would LOVE to stop our streak before we break the record.

Regardless of what happens to this streak, it's been amazing to watch this team FINALLY do what they're capable of. I predict we win at least 1 playoff series- to me, that's a huge step for this franchise. This team is also built to win long term.

All aboard the Bandwagoners! LOL Been a STH for 7 seasons now. The team has been playing great. Also love seeing the arena full and very loud.

If you can, get to a game. If not, watch them on TV because that pushes more coverage.

Just Watch

All aboard the Bandwagoners! LOL Been a STH for 7 seasons now. The team has been playing great. Also love seeing the arena full and very loud.

If you can, get to a game. If not, watch them on TV because that pushes more coverage.

Just Watch

Hey man, butts in seats means the team stays put. :)

It's nice to finally have a team that isn't terrible. I'll definitely be coming back for a playoff game or two.

I have a team-signed jersey from the Tugnut days. Wonder what what would go for around now?

Honestly about $100, maybe $200 due to the age and the right buyer. Team signed items are not a big money maker unless you find a collector just starting out.

I don't see the issue with "Bandwagon" fans. Especially in this case. Most of us in Ohio including myself had no reason growing up to be interested in Hockey. My school never had a team or even a club team and CBJ didn't come around until 2000 and when they did, they didn't give anyone a reason to root for them. Look at all the major sports and their fan bases. Are the franchises with the biggest fan bases historically shitty or historically great? You build a large fan base by being good over time. Any logical Blue Jackets fans should be wanting as many "bandwagoners" as possible because guess what, Bandwagon fans are still fans and fans spend $ and $ generated for the franchise gives them the ability to spend $ on good players and facilities and continue their greatness = creating an even larger fan base = creating more $$$ = creating more winning seasons and success.

Honestly about $100, maybe $200 due to the age and the right buyer. Team signed items are not a big money maker unless you find a collector just starting out.

sad but true :(

I have an 08-09 team signed jersey when they first made the playoffs and I thought it would be worth something so I had it framed for $97... After it was appraised at three collector shops, the highest anyone would pay for it in 2013 was $150... so it rests on my wall now, haha. I have always wondered what my 02-03 team signed jersey was worth... but IDGAF right now, I just wear it occasionally to games.

The jackets are literally a joy to watch right now. After watching them in the past few years I honestly thought that Torts would not last in Columbus and we would be mediocre again this year again...GOOD GOD am I happy to be wrong.

The team smiles so much and gives a fuck out there on the ice. The effort has really turned around and I feel general pride for the first time in a long time to be a jackets fan. People have often said in past years "next year guys, next year" not this year... LETS GO JACKETS!!!

Just Watch

LOL...7 years huh? That aligns nicely after the year we went to the playoffs for the first time. OG Bandwagoner :gabe:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170105/febaec65bf27486b0e8e306755344d8d.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170105/5e72d74f00d1c2bf2c4e952d29cbbc63.jpg

Wife's cousin who lives in Cleveland entered a contest at a Cleveland Monsters game and won this, they wouldn't ship it, so he asked if I would pick it up at Nationwide for him and next time he visits family he'll grab it. It's pretty awesome, I told him I'm keeping it. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been a "diehard" fan for the better part of 8-10 years. I don't mind bandwagoner's all that much if it means they get to enjoy the sport and team I've enjoyed (yes even through the shitty years) for so long. I love the game and there's a direct relationship between having a great product for the public to consume and people (not just kids, adults too) trying out the game for themselves.

When Hitchcock spent his first season here he went to an OSU football game for the first time and said, "man... wouldn't it be nice to have an outdoor game here?", we're so far away from that but at least the team and organization is on the right path.

Before I had kids my wife and I would go to 3-4 games each month. I went to a game 2 weeks after one of my ACL reconstructions. Lower bowl, center ice, with my friend and his dad. I was still on crutches and was miserable, but Shelley got into a couple of fights and the final was 5-3. It was a great game.

I'm so happy for the team and all of us who have been around for all of the losing.

I will always have love for the organization after my friends 19 year old son, who was dying of cancer, was signed for 3 days and given the #3 for those days. The number was already taken and the player let him use it. It was the first playoff year. He got to see them make the playoffs and his after funeral meal was on the surface of the ice. Manny Malholtra and some of the other players donated money for the food. We got to thank him personally for doing it too. I hadn't thought about that in a very long time.

Anyway, I'm very excited for them. Sorry for the story.

Wow some people totally took the "bandwagoners" comment the wrong way. It was a joke, it was more about that it took the team winning 16 games in a row before someone says something on here. ANYWAY, I have no problem with bandwagaon fans as long as they don't jump ship as soon as this streak is broken, and it will happen. Bandwagon fans fill seats, and hopefully turn into full time fans.

Anyway, this is basically the team we were hyped into having last season and it just didn't work out. Richards got fired and they brought in Torts which I also wasn't a huge fan. But after not seeing any of his old antics last season and witnessing his training camp (those skating drills made me feel bad for those guys), it is paying off. The youth and vets have bought in. The run to win the Calder Cup for the Monsters showed our youth is ready and we still have a lot of our key future pieces playing in Cleveland. It is a good time for them to catch fire and we should be good for some time due to our depth of youth.