Dodge Challenger Demon

Mallard

this has already lost my attention. Just release the fucking specs and pics already so we can all be disappointed. If i didn't see this thread bumped, I would be seeing this thing next on a car magazine while walking through the airport.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has already lost my attention. Just release the fucking specs and pics already so we can all be disappointed. If i didn't see this thread bumped, I would be seeing this thing next on a car magazine while walking through the airport.

Pics are out. Spec's are what's trickling out every week, but that's because they want people to know it's a lot more than a Hellcat with big tires.

You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Pics are out. Spec's are what's trickling out every week, but that's because they want people to know it's a lot more than a Hellcat with big tires.

You won't be disappointed.

ill withhold judgement until I see the price

ill withhold judgement until I see the price

What would you find reasonable?

Figure I'll post another record HC run while we wait for Demon details.

9.15@158

I am guessing 90k and you won't be able to touch one for less than 100k with dealer markup

+1.

Roadkill will goo over it since Finnegan and Freiburger are sponsored by Dodge...retired Baby Boomers will buy one to reminisce about the old Duster they had in the '70s....some hardcore drag racers will get it....last up will be the InstaGrammers/YouTubers who will buy/lease one to get some eyeballs on their pages.

:gabe:

I am guessing 90k and you won't be able to touch one for less than 100k with dealer markup

The internet forums are claiming there are two prices:

Demon

Demon + crate

When is the release date for the car? April 11th? can't come soon enough - even I am bored with this much hype and I really want the car to kick so much ass.

Yeah, the 11th or 12th I think.

That's not a Demon. It's a Drag Pack car dressed up to promote the Demon more or less.

Exactly.

P.S. A supplier of mine just leased a Hellcat Challenger with a manual transmission for $512 a month with $0 down!

Exactly.

P.S. A supplier of mine just leased a Hellcat Challenger with a manual transmission for $512 a month with $0 down!

Very smart money if you plan to keep it under the mileage allowance and use it for the toy it is. I am considering it myself right now.

Very smart money if you plan to keep it under the mileage allowance and use it for the toy it is. I am considering it myself right now.

Yeah, apparently the lease buy out is ridiculously low too. He'll end up saving something like $6000 buy leasing, then buying vs buying from the start.

Exactly.

I want to know the details around that lease....

I want to know the details around that lease....

I built one on dodge.com with their simulator and it provided the pricing. there are three options for lease length and mileage allowance each. I found that the 36 month / 10,000 mile was the cheapest combination

next search local inventory. some dealers are also running specials (on their independent websites) and providing lease information off of the discounted pricing. cant tell you if they are honoring it though

use my area code to find deals around Indy. 46140

So i just read - 909 HP, 6.6 liter, 0-60 in 2.8 seconds

I haven't heard any 0 to 60 times, but from everything else I've heard those numbers aren't right. AllPar has some really good info, but their thread is ~170 pages, so you have to sift through a lot.

I forgot to post last week's video, so here is that and today's release.

No Ice:

03.30.2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich.

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has distinct cooling advantages – enough to make the engine perform like it is running in the cold Alaskan air, even after a day of runs down the strip on a hot summer day.

The newest teaser video, “No Ice,” unlocked March 30 at^http://www.ifyouknowyouknow.com, reveals the Challenger SRT Demon’s super cooled air induction system.

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the first-ever, factory production car with a liquid-to-air charge air cooler chiller system. This exclusive performance feature enables the Challenger SRT Demon to achieve charge air induction temperatures previously unattainable by pressure-charged street-legal production vehicles.^

Conventional cooling methods consist of simply using air or coolant to reduce the air induction temperature as it is passed through the charge air cooler. When in Drag Mode, the Challenger SRT Demon interior air conditioning system is diverted to chill the engine’s charge air cooling system.

The result:

Up to 45 degree Fahrenheit reduction in intake air temperature

^

^

04.06.2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich.

Every part of the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – from the supercharged HEMI® V-8 to the Air Grabber hood to the single-seat interior to the sticky Nitto street-legal drag race tires – is optimized for one mission: dominate street and strip.

That single-minded focus even extends to the fuel system, as shown in the newest teaser video, “Fuel,” unlocked April 6 at^http://www.ifyouknowyouknow.com.

The Challenger SRT Demon is the first ever, factory production car designed to run on either track-preferred 100+ high-octane unleaded fuel or 91-octane unleaded fuel on demand. The track preferred high-octane fuel is readily available at select gas stations, specialty shops and drag strips.

The keys to unleashing the SRT Demon’s full fury are in the Demon Crate shipped separate: Direct Connection Performance parts that include a new powertrain control module (PCM) calibrated for the high-octane fuel and a new switch bank for the center stack that includes a high octane button.

The SRT Demon leaves the factory with a PCM configured for premium unleaded pump gasoline, which delivers top level performance.

The switch to the Direct Connection controller enables the supercharged HEMI engine to extract the maximum power from the knock-resistant high-octane fuel by optimizing spark timing. Drag racers will see big changes in elapsed time (ET) with the high-octane fuel.

Mixing high-octane unleaded and premium unleaded fuels in the tank won’t hurt the SRT Demon’s engine, but the high-octane function won’t activate if the combined fuel octane is too low. A message in the gauge display tells the driver the car will use the premium fuel calibration until the engine is shut off and restarted. How does the car know? The controller monitors the engine’s knock sensors.

There will be plenty of fuel available: The SRT Demon carries dual fuel pumps (vs. one pump in the Challenger SRT Hellcat), and larger fuel injectors using higher rail pressure.

^

Another new video will be posted tomorrow and tha launch party is next week. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dodge-challenger-demon-launch-party-detroit-area-tickets-33380440797