Photoshop help/C5 paint question.

Tindall2006

I have a c5 with some paint issues and planning to fix them. I am debating a two toned paint job VS the factory one coat. Thinking about doing black on the front to where the doors and front fenders meet. Can anyone Photoshop this scheme to see how it looks? Anyone have opinions? Added a few photo's for different angles Not sure witch would be easiest to change.

hqdefault.jpg

http://bestcarmag.com/sites/default/files/87288982061_main_f.jpg

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/2000x1124/80-20160730_121604_ebba3f12b4be4926fbbdc24e5e94b639142e4485.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I thought he meant the entire front half of the car.

I read it too quickly. But honestly, a black front end would look stupid so I refuse to do that :p

It would look like it had been wrecked and odd-ball parts were bolted on the front.

Sorry.

I read it too quickly. But honestly, a black front end would look stupid so I refuse to do that :p

It would look like it had been wrecked and odd-ball parts were bolted on the front.

Sorry.

I was meaning the front end... I am not the best at making up idea's and color schemes so I figured I would ask. I am repainting my front bumper and one fender, and the idea to do a two toned job came up and in my mind it seemed ok, but had a iffy feeling about it. I also HATE the black in the fender vent too after seeing it. I do see my door molding being removed very soon though, that is sexy!

This is why I have my GF match my clothes for me. I fail at matching lol.

I see repainting it with the factory color now, unless someone throws out an idea I feel like I could accomplish myself.

I was meaning the front end... I am not the best at making up idea's and color schemes so I figured I would ask. I am repainting my front bumper and one fender, and the idea to do a two toned job came up and in my mind it seemed ok, but had a iffy feeling about it. I also HATE the black in the fender vent too after seeing it. I do see my door molding being removed very soon though, that is sexy!

This is why I have my GF match my clothes for me. I fail at matching lol.

I see repainting it with the factory color now, unless someone throws out an idea I feel like I could accomplish myself.

In case you didn't know, according to GM, the BSM is actually functional in reducing aerodynamic drag. The effect is probably small enough to be of concern. However, before committing to something as substantial as repainting, have the paint condition appraised by someone who does paint correction. I have seen substantial paint damages majorly reduced or eliminated.

However, before committing to something as substantial as repainting, have the paint condition appraised by someone who does paint correction. I have seen substantial paint damages majorly reduced or eliminated.

Agree. Post some clear, sharp close ups that will allow for said defects to be visible. I have time this weekend, we can do a test panel like say a full fender and see the results. You're about an hour away so pics will be good if that's too far.

Yes - some fishing line and a blow dryer are all that it takes. (You wshould double check that the Vette is the same but I know Inhave seen C5s without them so doubt they had holes filled.

They are indeed stuck on with double sided tape, just like an f-body. Personally I don't mind them, that's why I left them on my car. Unlike the f-body GM charged for those to be on the Corvette, they did not come standard.

Paint correction, remove side molding, lower it for free. It'll look like a new car.

+1

You admitted that you're not the best when it comes to judging paint schemes and ideas...You've got a good color - it can likely be fixed - either by Tom's "guy" or by Tim's' hands if it just needs attention.

Don't paint half the car :fa: