Left Wow to go back to AT&T today Gigabit What?!

SpaceGhost

I may not see 1GB/s on one device, but I am very happy to stream The Grand Tour while the wife is streaming nextflix on another TV, and the boy is playing Xbox, and the daughter is watching a YouTube video, and nothing is buffering. I was just putting this out there to let others know it is available in areas around Columbus. We had stuff buffer all the time on WOW's 110 service.

Not sure how I can game while the wife is on the fire stick and each boy is on their chrome books watching youtube without issue. I only have the 60/6 with wow. But it is nice to see fiber finally making its way into Columbus.

I find the amount of buffering you are getting crazy on 110 service.

We have 30/5 on wow and with both of us streaming things and being on our phones and laptops - we've never had issues.

Were you using wows modem?

Yeah our households are almost identical, i can't imagine why our demand would be more. 5 people are equal to two, wait I bet your dogs play Xbox right? They watch cat videos on thier own right? If you want to call me a liar just come out and do so Trish, don't beat around the bush.

With that being said yeah I would get pissed when watching the Grand Tour and it would pause and buffer 5-6 times an episode. Having to reset the modem weekly got annoying too. My wife just finished watching 157 episodes of Gilmore Girls on Netflix, she's been watching since Thanksgiving. Almost our entire house is connected to WiFi, front door locks, lights, all house fan, thermostat, garage doors, cameras, weather stations, list goes on....

Anyway, hey folks if you live in a fiber optic equipped neighborhood, check out if AT&T is an option, if it is you may like the service. I don't receive anything for you using their service. Just giving a heads up.

Good day.

I honestly don't see the argument. I have 12MB/S service, and my WHOLE HOUSE is wireless, even to the network extender in the pole barn.

I see 11.7-11.8 MB/S pretty much at all times, including when the XBox is going and I'm downloading torrents in the background. Add in phones, laptops, netbooks, etc.

I know your service says "up to", but I honestly don't see it as a Gigabyte network when it truly isn't and you're paying for such. I'd just bitch them out, especially since your data is traveling the speed of light and still only 1/3 of what you're actually paying for :)

I find the amount of buffering you are getting crazy on 110 service.

We have 30/5 on wow and with both of us streaming things and being on our phones and laptops - we've never had issues.

Were you using wows modem?

I have the 30/5 from wow and i have speed issues all the time. Just ordered a Motorola surfboard modem from eBay to replace the junk that wow is charging me for. Hoping that helps.

We have a surfboard and it's made a HUGE difference in food in connection

We've had it for a very long time though and we bought it because we didn't want to pay for amodem every month.

Was service bad before? I can't say now because we use the internet totally different now than when we bought the modem

Best Cable there is. Love Directv.

I know there have been advancements but I grew up on satellite. It was horrible. Even today, at my workplace we have it. Satellite sits in an open field no tree for over 100 feet from it, cloud passes in front of of the line of site and the satellite is down. We have techs out all the time and they can't solve this issue on our business account for over 4 years

Also I live in a pretty wooded area of Westerville. Getting a good line of site for the satellite would require cutting down trees on my property and multiple neighbors. Isn't going to happen.

looks like wow now offers 600 down 40 up for $100 a month. Was talking with the wife we will likely be ditching cable getting firesticks for all the tvs and a couple hd attenna's will probably go to 110 down for $60 a month and get our own modem.

I've had DirectTV for 5 years now. In 5 years, the satellite has went out 4 times, TOTAL. Each were terrible storms.

Fun fact: my friend has AT&T Uverse and it goes out 2-3 times a year on him for no reason.

I'll be canceling in April anyway to cut the cord, but overall, it's been a good experience. Except for their skitzo billing...don't get me started there.

I live in Westerville have a couple of trees to my south, no issues even on completely cloudy days. Big Thunderstorms and big snow squalls will make it lose signal, usually it's for 30 seconds to a minute or two. Happens so infrequently, I can't remember a time I was mad it happened. Now when that happens you can just watch online with the Directv app so whatever. Cable goes out too, except usually it almost for a day until a crew is dispatched to fix it. Never had a neighbor dig and cut a line to my Directv.

looks like wow now offers 600 down 40 up for $100 a month. Was talking with the wife we will likely be ditching cable getting firesticks for all the tvs and a couple hd attenna's will probably go to 110 down for $60 a month and get our own modem.

I believe WOW either dropped or are soon dropping the 600 and 110 tiers. There will only be 10/1, 100/10 and 500/50 tiers with their gigabit service coming to Columbus sometime this year as well. When it launches here all customers (new and existing) will have the opportunity to jump on it for $70/month for a year.

I've had direct tv for about 10 years I believe....something like that. I've had great luck with their service. The only time I've ever had an issue is if there's a bad electrical storm coming and you really shouldn't be watching tv anyhow. Probably happens once a year maybe.

What I don't like is their price, their damn audio randomly cuts out for a second on a regular basis, and the receiver will lag every once in a while when rewinding live tv or hitting the guide button. That last one really pisses me off. Imagine trying to rewind to a spot and getting there but when you hit play it keeps rewinding for 5 more seconds. Or you hit the guide button and a black screen pops up for 10 seconds before it loads. Yeah....Nth level of pissedoffedness.

Best Cable there is. Love Directv.
yup love it

until there is a storm and you lose signal right in the middle of an episode of Gilmore Girls and your wife cuts your balls off.... Just saying, not really worth it
i lose connection maybe 3 times a year since ive had it

I know there have been advancements but I grew up on satellite. It was horrible. Even today, at my workplace we have it. Satellite sits in an open field no tree for over 100 feet from it, cloud passes in front of of the line of site and the satellite is down. .

Im in lewis center and have zero issues,hands down best service and picture quality. Lose connection very rarely. Your work sucks. Went from twc and won't ever go vack after having direct tv.

• 3 weeks later...
Just an update, service has been great I always see 250-350Mb/s on my phone, and of course they screwed up the bill and didn't give me my discounts for the $70, called and got it fixed very quickly, my online account reflected the change while on the phone. And they let me know the $70 price is a fixed price for life as long as I stay with AT&T. So they will not up my bill ater the 12 month agreement. We will see if they keep that promise.

Just an update, service has been great I always see 250-350Mb/s on my phone, and of course they screwed up the bill and didn't give me my discounts for the $70, called and got it fixed very quickly, my online account reflected the change while on the phone. And they let me know the $70 price is a fixed price for life as long as I stay with AT&T. So they will not up my bill ater the 12 month agreement. We will see if they keep that promise.

good to hear, Ive had similar scenario and luck. They locked me in at 59.99