New truck. Little to do.

Geeesammy

Picked up a 2014 Ram 1500 CPO yesterday.

Debated between 5.7 Ram's with an 8 speed for awhile and ecoboosts. After driving quite a few of both and drawing comparisons ended up going with the Ram. Feels more powerful, plus a lot better bang for the buck (especially when you have bumper to bumper CPO warranty coverage until November 2021 or 100,000 :) ). I had a hard time finding a dealer willing to play ball. I went mainly to look at this one to kill some time, it was in the best shape of any I had seen since it was a lease and not a rental and had extremely low miles at 18,000. Where I got SUPER lucky is the salesman I was working with had literally never sold a car before and was in his first few weeks of car sales due to a career change. The dealer just needed a sale to walk him through, so I was able to be a little more patient than most to get a deal I wanted, but I still played hardball with them until I basically got what I owed on my trade and got the truck for what they had into it, plus the bumper to bumper warranty extension at their cost.

So far its a neat truck. Well optioned for how "basic" it is. Backup camera, 3.92 gears, 8 speed trans, 4x4 and heated mirrors. I wanted a blacktop edition for awhile but most sell quickly or are non-cpo or non 8 speed trucks, both of which were a must for me. The hidden storage compartments on the rear floor are nice. The rear seat offers more room than any other true crew cab I've been in so far. I'm a big dude at 6'6" and I sit comfortably back there. Only downfall is sacrificing a bit of bed space, but Ram makes it up with factory trailer wiring and a class iv reciever.

Only planned mods for now is to bullet line the bed asap, put a leveling kit on it soon and get the windows tinted before summer comes around. The girlfriends dad just bought a Rebel from the same dealer and needs running boards so I'm gonna take these off and put them on his truck as I can't stand chrome and I dont need them really. I may add on a factory trailer brake controller and powdercoat the wheels black, but thats on down the road.

http://i.imgur.com/Juq4BP1.jpg

Notbad

Perfect.

A+ Nice pickup.

Thanks

Itty bitty bed, but a nice tee-ruk nonetheless. Congrats.

Chrome step bars say that the previous owner was 50 going on 75years old.

Agreed. Thankfully most "truck stuff" I do involves a trailer so the bed wasn't too big of a deal for me.

LOL that you say that, the lease was done through the dealership I bought it from and they said it was a 60 something white dude who drove it to church and golf.

Step bars? More like leg breakers. It looks awesome!

Agreed. They still aren't as bad as the electric ones that come right down on your leg!

Thanks!

So towed 6,000ish lbs today with it. Uhaul trailer, my Supra and misc. parts/tools stuffed in the bed and car. Running 75-80 on the way home with a decent head wind the entire way I averaged 15.9 MPG. It would have been higher but I lost my only (read-only key in existence and Toyota can't cut a copy by VIN) key copy so I hauled ass back from Hilliard and ran the shit out of it. Ended up finding the key thank god. Tows very smooth, it was hunting gears a bit going up hills, it seems to like 7th gear which holds it around 2200 RPM running 75 up a 3-4% grade.

Anyone debating trucks I can't recommend this combo enough. Road noise was quiet, it handled the trailer very well and I didn't hear a peep from the engine until it went into 6th at 75. Can definitely notice the trailer bogging it down as far as power, but it still moves out good and I didn't struggle once to merge or overtake.

Beautiful truck man. I've been trying to find an Ecoboost F-150, but this thing looks awesome. Do you mind sharing (maybe through PM?) what you paid? I'm having a hard time finding an Ecoboost that fits my desires for under 30k.