Who/What's your Insurance?

SuperHawk

Checking out prices for insurance on the bike, and wanted to see who you guys were using, if you were happy when submitted a claim, if you had to.

And what kind of coverage you have?

I'm just gonna get liability since my bike didn't cost that much and I wouldn't get much if it did get totalled, but on liability, I don't know how much is enough?

I was thinking $300k Single Combined Limit, seemed like a decent price for a lot of coverage, but not sure if that is too much/not enough. That's what I have on my car, but that's a bit different.

I've been getting quotes from Progressive online, btw.

im with progressive..26 no tickets or accidents and on my r6 min coverage was $103 for the whole year!

Holy shit, is that like the min requrired state coverage that is a joke? Like $10k or whatever? Damn, not sure if I'd be comfortable w/ that little coverage but that's CHEAP.

Best I got for decent liability insurance, no coverage for bike, was like $400/year, i'm 23, had a speeding ticket two years ago tho...but c'mon you have a sport bike too...dammn.

Holy shit, is that like the min requrired state coverage that is a joke? Like $10k or whatever? Damn, not sure if I'd be comfortable w/ that little coverage but that's CHEAP.

Best I got for decent liability insurance, no coverage for bike, was like $400/year, i'm 23, had a speeding ticket two years ago tho...but c'mon you have a sport bike too...dammn.

lol i jsut asked the insurance agent said i want min coverage so if i were to ever get pulled over i would be good..if i wanted full coverage it would have been 60 a month or something like that..

yet another insurance thread...

Clean record. State Farm. Full coverage

$400 for year on R1

$260 for year on R6

deductibles are 250/500 (comp/collision). I don't know what i'm covered for.

$333 a year with Progressive. $300K coverage $250 deductible. have a speeding ticket falling off in sept. lookin to go to state farm. My dude said he could beat Progressive.

State Farm was always cheapest with my sportbikes. my 99 gsxr600 was $109 a year for the same coverage. and my 02 954 was $140 a year

just paid $1365/yr on insurance yesterday, sounds expensive (it is) but I have super good coverage and medical payments. I have about 8 points on my license and am 19. This is under my dads name, under mine it would be around 5k for this kind of coverage.

Progressive--liability 500k, $500 deductibles on comprehensive and collision, and $25k in medical payments, includes 3k accessory coverage.

State farm can't touch this.....nationwide was close but no cigar. Nationwide IS super cheap on car insurance for me though!!

Holy fucking shit. :wtf:

haha, my thoughts exactly. I'd get a fucking tricycle before bending over for that.

Fuck, i pay like $800/year for full coverage for my car...

Damn, and to think I was just bitching about $400/year on the bike...

i get boned in the butt, but its my own fault for tickets...never had one and then got 3 or 4 right when i moved here. i havent changed my driving habits since i got my license, i just think ohio cops dont have anything else to be doin ;)

i get boned in the butt, but its my own fault for tickets...never had one and then got 3 or 4 right when i moved here. i havent changed my driving habits since i got my license, i just think ohio cops dont have anything else to be doin ;)

did anybody else catch that:eek:

Wow. You guys are nuts. There's no way I'd be paying that much to ride a bike. I'd either not have insurance or not have a bike before I forked out that kind of bread.

yea it sucks.....but about anything ya do thats fun costs money. Plus I don't have very many payments and a decent job.

Then why even ride at all? :cool:

I figured you'd be the last one to hate on the Gen1 CBRs. :p

'87 Hurricane 1000 for $170/yr for 6 years FTW. Still got to ride, got to race, and save up for a better bike(s) while I was going to school.