1 killed 7 injured at fair on a ride

Mace1647545504

I believe the state inspects all rides but you always wonder how safe everything is when your 50 feet in the air.

Yes. ODA. Friend of mine is an HR director there. I imagine her next couple of weeks/months are going to be a nightmare

We took the kids last night. Luckily we were at the ODNR area when it happened. We saw all the medics roll in. Rides are shut down today but the fair is open.

Does anyone think that they rides will open at all at this point? If they do, how many people will be in a hurry to get on one after this anyway?

Does anyone think that they rides will open at all at this point? If they do, how many people will be in a hurry to get on one after this anyway?

There is a news article where people were complaining last night that the rides were shut down

There is a news article where people were complaining last night that the rides were shut down

yah, they had to have officers available to help with the complainers.

it was a little ridiculous.

If I actually was into fair rides, it wouldn't bother me to get back on them. Could likely more easily get killed on the way to the fair. This is just a very sad occurrence. Even if it comes to be they forgot a cotter pin or something.

We didn't know the severity of the situation when we walked by. We bought 30 ride tickets and the kids went on 2 rides then everything was shut down. So we have 20 tickets left that hopefully we can use later in the week. I kept hearing people say someone died and checked the number 1 news source, Facebook, and saw channels 4 and 10 both confirming that.

But there was a dude being a complete ass to the ticket booth lady who didn't even know an accident happened. Then the Highway Patrol stepped around the corner and the dudes reaction was rather funny.

We're going on Monday. I'm not concerned about the rides, as I'm sure after this, there will be tighter inspection controls for the remainder of the fair. That doesn't mean that there's still no chance for an accident to happen. However, we will stay away from this one. I never really cared for it anyway. Like someone else said, your chances of getting injured or killed in a vehicle accident on the way to the fair is more likely.