2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

Either both Tim Beck and Kevin Wilson can't create a game plan to score points against good teams or we have a quarterback who can't. I think JTs hype was inflated his freshmen year due to having incredible WRs. The JT we've seen the last 3 years is the true him. I think it's time we move on.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT benefited from an outstanding surrounding class. Proof is when JT went down Cardale stepped in and the tram didn't miss a beat. Literally anyone could have been qb that year and they still would have won the NC.

JT surrounded by average cast( and they are By no means average ) is exactly what you see now.

Yep. I am off the JT bandwagon. He doesn't elevate the WR around him. I think our WR coaching is a major issue too. We don't have guys who are super elite talent like Michael Thomas, Devin Smith, or Braxton Miller, so they need coached up and I don't think Zach Smith can do that

OK here is my breakdown:

Our receivers cannot create space between then and defenders

Our DBs can't cover and appear to be lost so other receivers can get space

This great defensive line is so great

The right side of out line especially the right tackle is horrible and he was horrible last year

The defensive coaches seem lost and maybe it's the personnel

JT cannot make a decision quickly or correctly

If this continues we will lose to Penn ST, Michigan and possibly MSU

mace

That was the worst no call interception I've ever seen. Clear as day motley picked that ball.

Ohio St sure falls flat in big games

Except in bowl games against 'Bama. :gabe:

:lol: Good for him. He played lights out.

OK here is my breakdown:

Our receivers cannot create space between then and defenders

Our DBs can't cover and appear to be lost so other receivers can get space

This great defensive line is so great

The right side of out line especially the right tackle is horrible and he was horrible last year

The defensive coaches seem lost and maybe it's the personnel

JT cannot make a decision quickly or correctly

If this continues we will lose to Penn ST, Michigan and possibly MSU

mace

I pretty much agree with this except I'll say, as I said preseason, PSU and Wisc worry me. TTUN COULD, and MSU COULD. Don't know if they will.

That game made me realize what it feels like to be a Browns fan I believe. Just nothing really got moving. Even when the spare big plays were made we didn't capitalize. The boys just didn't force the momentum to shift. OK did. They played well.

I had to check..we don't play wisconsin but yes we'd have problems with them also

Whoops. You're right. I was remembering preseason thinking it would come down to us and them for the conf champ. Don't see that happening now after seeing the last 2 weeks unless something drastic happens.

JTs passing stats last 3 games against good competition

Michigan - W 30-27 OT

15/32 46.8% 124 yards 0 touchdowns 1 interception 38.2 QBR

Clemson - L 31-0

19/33 57.5% 127 yards 0 touchdowns 2 interceptions 15.2 QBR

Oklahoma - L 31-16

19/35 54.2% 183 yards 0 touchdowns 1 interception 21.1 QBR

Is this the best we fucking have?!

Michigan - W 30-27 OT

Clemson - L 31-0

Oklahoma - L 31-16

That makes my heart sink.

Obviously I watched the game Saturday with disgust. JT isn't our guy, but I really think Urban will ride him as long as he can until the pressure is too great. Unfortunately, I think it'll take another loss for it to happen, and by then, it's too late.

Unbelievable he was a top 5 Heisman pick coming into the season. He doesn't even look like a third string QB at this point.

Why is everyone blaming JT, its not just him, sure he can't throw the ball, NEVER has thrown the ball well, he is a runner!! We need to have him hand the ball to Dobbins/Weber and let them hammer them on the run game! Also, pretty sure JT doesn't cover anything on Defense, we are playing this zone coverage bullshit and we just let them drive down the field with ease till the red zone. then we can stop them on the ground.

2 main things to fix:

1. offense - give dobbins/weber the god damn ball!!!

2. defense - play man to man coverage!!

Why is everyone blaming JT, its not just him, sure he can't throw the ball, NEVER has thrown the ball well, he is a runner!! We need to have him hand the ball to Dobbins/Weber and let them hammer them on the run game! Also, pretty sure JT doesn't cover anything on Defense, we are playing this zone coverage bullshit and we just let them drive down the field with ease till the red zone. then we can stop them on the ground.

2 main things to fix:

We should be blaming Urban for not taking JT out by now. It's not JT's fault he severely lacks the ability to make great throws down field. He's just trying his best. We have guys on the bench that have to be better passers than them. The only time QB should have a designed run is it's a 4th and 1 QB sneak or you have Braxton Miller as your QB. The only other time a QB should run is when the play breaks down. I am so fucking sick of this QB draw bullshit. It's so boring and gets us nowhere. JT is slower than he was his freshmen year and the QB draws aren't working. He can't consistently make a good pass over 10 yards so the defense just plays up and stops the run. We need a guy who can come in and stretch out the defense so guys like Weber and Dobbins and gash them when the defense is forced to be honest.

Our defense is fine. It's looked suspect because our offense can't stay on the field long enough to give the defense a break. The first half of the Indiana game was a fluke. Lagow was making Peyton Manning throws and Cobbs Jr was Randy Mossing us. Nobody was going to stop that. Baker Mayfield is a different animal. We held them to 3 points in the first half. He broke down our defense partly because they were visibly tired and because his ability to prolong a play for 6-7 seconds which makes it very difficult for DBs to stick with their guys that long especially when they're already tired.

I'm telling you, fix the horrid offense and the defense will be fine.

Michigan - W 30-27 OT

Clemson - L 31-0

Oklahoma - L 31-16

Seems like a perfect fit as the next Bengals QB

We left shortly after the 4th quarter.

Most folks do.

Cool you took your boy to his first game and it was a big one with a huge crowd though. Can't wait to take my son someday.

2 main things to fix:

I thought we played mainly man coverage the last 2 games. Am I wrong?

Seems like a perfect fit as the next Bengals QB

0.6 QBR. Third worst single game QBR in NFL HISTORY. How does one make millions being a starting NFL QB and have a 0.6 QBR? I'd get fired if I was as awful at my job as Dalton is at his.

Why not go back two more games for JT

JT Barrett's Last 5 Games:

Oklahoma 183 yds Passing, 0 TDs, 1 Int

Indiana 304 yds Passing, 3 TDs, 0 Int

Clemson 127 yds Passing, 0 TDs, 2 Int

Michigan 124 yds Passing, 0 TDs, 1 Int

Michigan State 86 yds Passing, 1 TDs, 0 Int

824 Yards Passing

4 Touchdowns

4 Interceptions

It is not coaching. It is him. Urban still rules the playbook as well. Why else would we be running the option, the option is pathetic.

The defense has been playing press man on the corners, only converting to some zone once they got smoked over and over again. The "great" d-line, is good but not great. The secondary will get better but it will take more time. The thing that will not change is JT, he will not win ANY championship. Nadda. Not happening. Both IU's and OU's coaches openly talked about knowing exactly how to beat him.

We should be blaming Urban for not taking JT out by now. It's not JT's fault he severely lacks the ability to make great throws down field. He's just trying his best. We have guys on the bench that have to be better passers than them. The only time QB should have a designed run is it's a 4th and 1 QB sneak or you have Braxton Miller as your QB. The only other time a QB should run is when the play breaks down. I am so fucking sick of this QB draw bullshit. It's so boring and gets us nowhere. JT is slower than he was his freshmen year and the QB draws aren't working. He can't consistently make a good pass over 10 yards so the defense just plays up and stops the run. We need a guy who can come in and stretch out the defense so guys like Weber and Dobbins and gash them when the defense is forced to be honest.

Our defense is fine. It's looked suspect because our offense can't stay on the field long enough to give the defense a break. The first half of the Indiana game was a fluke. Lagow was making Peyton Manning throws and Cobbs Jr was Randy Mossing us. Nobody was going to stop that. Baker Mayfield is a different animal. We held them to 3 points in the first half. He broke down our defense partly because they were visibly tired and because his ability to prolong a play for 6-7 seconds which makes it very difficult for DBs to stick with their guys that long especially when they're already tired.

I'm telling you, fix the horrid offense and the defense will be fine.

Our defense is fine? What game did you watch? The DB's couldn't cover any type of route and the LB's looked lost. And it had nothing to do with being tired.

Our defense is fine? What game did you watch? The DB's couldn't cover any type of route and the LB's looked lost. And it had nothing to do with being tired.

I think they are taking the defense line into account to off balance the bad passing. Least our passing defense should have a better chance this weekend. :gabe:

We also played 2 of the better pass offenses in the country. Just watch and see

That is true honestly. Our offense is the major problem here as it has been for awhile...

Defense will work itself out but always holds it's own.