2017 College Football Thread

o0n8

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll looks legit except I think Oklahoma should be above Ohio st at 5 and Ohio st should be 6 like they are. Ohio st and Oklahoma are both way better then Wisconsin.
I have to agree with this. [emoji21] [emoji51]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J326AZ using Tapatalk

That auburn game is exactly why you don't play conservative in a second half with a lead. Punt punt punt turn over on downs turn over on downs. That was their second half drives. Tried to play safe and get out with a win and it cost them.

Let's talk about actual playoff teams from each conference.

Big ten Penn st and Ohio st

Sec Alabama and Georgia

Big 12 TCU and Oklahoma's

Acc Miami lol and Clemson

PAC 12 dumpster fire.

So I think if Georgia and bama are undefeated heading into sec championship game the winner is obviously in and I think the loser will also get in.

Penn st runs the table they are in. Or buckeyes win out they are in.

Pretty sure the PAC 12 and big 12 are going to be left out this year for sure. I guess that leaves Clemson but I dont think they can win out either.

I'm so excited for these next couple weeks.

If I had to make a Playoff prediction right now given the remaining schedules and how I think teams are playing I'd say...

SEC: Alabama (Don't really need an explanation)

B1G: Ohio State (I think they are clicking right now)

Big 12: Oklahoma (I see them beating TCU)

ACC: Clemson (Bad loss but still a great team, no other real threats in the ACC for them)

I think this year the 4 playoff teams will be pretty clear cut. Since everyone at the top has at least 1 virtual play in game remaining and that's not even including their conference championship game, I don't think there will be a ton of controversy. The only way I could see controversy is with some huge upsets (very well possible) or a Pac team like USC or Washington winning out along with every other conference having a 0 or 1 loss team left.

If I had to make a Playoff prediction right now given the remaining schedules and how I think teams are playing I'd say...

SEC: Alabama (Don't really need an explanation)

B1G: Ohio State (I think they are clicking right now)

Big 12: Oklahoma (I see them beating TCU)

ACC: Clemson (Bad loss but still a great team, no other real threats in the ACC for them)

I think this year the 4 playoff teams will be pretty clear cut. Since everyone at the top has at least 1 virtual play in game remaining and that's not even including their conference championship game, I don't think there will be a ton of controversy. The only way I could see controversy is with some huge upsets (very well possible) or a Pac team like USC or Washington winning out along with every other conference having a 0 or 1 loss team left.

Those are my 4 teams as well. I think Georgia drops one before the CG and then ultimately losing to Alabama (which they will) will put them out.

Like it or not, Alabama is the best team in the country right now, shitty schedule or not. They've earned the benefit of the doubt given the last 8 years of football.

Ohio State is clicking on just about all cylinders right now. I don't care what anyone says, Saturday night had all the makings of an upset- 3-3 team that has nothing to lose, night game, away game, etc. Ohio State fucking dominated that game from start to finish and JT Barrett's confidence is at an all time high.

Saturday the 28th will tell. Whatever happens that night will make or break our season.

Saturday the 28th will tell. Whatever happens that night will make or break our season.

I'm honestly worried about every game on our schedule left except for Illinois. If we get past Penn State we have to go @Iowa which could be a night game (Still TBD). Iowa is tough to beat at home, and at night. Ask Penn State. Then we play Michigan State who always seems to play us tough. They also look like a legitimate top 15-20 team. And then of course Michigan. They likely won't be in the playoff running by this time, but they could salvage their season by ruining ours.

FloridaStLOL. FresnoLOL. CoStateLOL. VandyLOL. A&MLOL. ArkLOL. TennLOL. LOLSU. MSStateLOL. MERCERLOL!!! AuburnLOL!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a joke. Not ONE quality opponent! :lolguy::lolguy::lolguy::lolguy::lolguy:

I wouldn't call Georgia garbage. They could beat any big ten team. Auburn isn't garbage and their one quality loss was to Clemson. By default they should be ranked higher then Ohio st. Their offense sputtered a bit but they are during on all cylinders now. Their defense has always been legit. They held Clemson to two scores. Not to shabby.

After auburn and Georgia it gets thin. I would say every conference has 3 top teams and the rest are all belk bowl quality.

I still hold to my own that Alabama has the weakest schedule in the top 10 or so teams. Not one ranked opponent is there?

Bama has number 10 auburn on their schedule and number four Georgia on their schedule. I would say they are very deserving. I would easily say auburn is the best one loss team in the country right now with their only loss coming from Clemson in a 14-6 game.

Wrong. UGA isn't on their schedule. Aub will have 2 losses. Won't be a top 10 by end of the year.

http://media.giphy.com/media/RIS1sypJ2Vfwc/giphy.gif

I agree PSU looked devastating...I knew scUM's offense would lay and egg, but figured their D would keep it closer.

PSU has some play makers beyond Barkley. Mcsorely must have just chuck it up 5-6 times and let his players go up and grab it, and they did...Which is mildly alarming given what OU and IU did to our secondary. Barkley I think we can contain, but that passing attack has me nervous, PSU's O line looked very good in that game.

The only catch is how good is scUM really? IU into overtime, lost to MSU...Granted not much can be said when OSU let OU come into a night game and play us off our own field. And since that point OU has not looked nearly as good.

Notre Dame looks mildly like a contender again...kind of interesting.

Terrified of this game - not going to lie. McSorley just chucking it into the air and WRs winning every 50/50 ball is their recipe and it was effective last year against us and by Indiana and Oklahoma this year. PSU is legit - I cannot understand how OSU is 7 point favorites.

Yeah, I'm pretty fucking nervous. My fear of PSU didn't change one bit after the UM game- I was already terrified.

We need Barrett to be at his absolutely best. FWIW- Dobbins is averaging more YPC than Barkley, but his passing threat is unmatched.

This should be a game for the ages. I hope I'm so hammered by the start of it that in the moment I won't care one way or the other.

This is definitely one of the best matchups of the year. Both teams are very even and it's pretty much a toss-up. Here's how I'd break it down...

Coaching - Edge to OSU now that Wilson seems to be controlling the offense more.

Passing- Wash, maybe slight edge to PSU. Barrett has better stats but McSworley has more proven big games. This could go either way.

Rushing - Wash. Penn State has the best RB but OSU has the best stable. I think rushing stats will be fairly even.

Defensive Line - Edge to OSU. One of the best in the country and tough to run on. This will be Barkley and OSU's D-Lines toughest test of the year. Two goliaths battling it out.

Defensive Backs - Edge to PSU. As stated earlier, OSU has had it's struggles covering downfield, particularly middle of the field. I would expect Barkley to have a bigger game receiving than rushing exploiting OSU's LBs poor ability to cover the middle of the field.

Special Teams - Edge to PSU. Ohio State has struggled on special teams this year and seems to be a common thing with Meyers teams for some reason.

Beings this isn't a night game at the shoe I'm going to give a ever so slight edge to the Buckeyes. This game is honestly impossible to predict. Heisman invitations are on the line here too. If PSU wins and Barkley shines, he's pretty much a lock for at least an invitation. If OSU wins and Barrett shines, he proves all the haters (including myself) wrong and gets right back in the discussion. I know one thing is for sure, it's going to be fun!