Track times

blue98ls1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a great time and we really had some good weather!

For the first time we had some time to play with the tune. Prior to today we were running 9.9-10.0s (mainly 10.0’s). Today started the same way. Mark got in there made some changes and we ran a best of 9.67@141. Also had 9.71,9.75,9.76,9.81. We tried one nitrous pass but the track wasn’t holding the car as well that last hour. So car slowed down 9.9@143.

Regardless 9.67 and a 1.43 60’ from that heavy car is amazing. We got a few more plans that should shave another couple of tenths on motor.

Car went a 10.94 with Scott behind the wheel for the best ET

When I ran it, new best 60foot with a 1.53 until it ran out of nitrous at half track, would have been a 10.80 pass for sure.

New best MPH with 124.9 but ET was junk when the car got fussy before the 60 foot cone.

All in all, it was a great day for sure.

Was a great time and we really had some good weather!

For the first time we had some time to play with the tune. Prior to today we were running 9.9-10.0s (mainly 10.0’s). Today started the same way. Mark got in there made some changes and we ran a best of 9.67@141. Also had 9.71,9.75,9.76,9.81. We tried one nitrous pass but the track wasn’t holding the car as well that last hour. So car slowed down 9.9@143.

Regardless 9.67 and a 1.43 60’ from that heavy car is amazing. We got a few more plans that should shave another couple of tenths on motor.

Thank you for supporting the event, we appreciate it.

Thank you for supporting the event, we appreciate it.

It’s our pleasure. It’s a great way to support CR and it’s members. We’ll do our best to make sure every CR track rental happens. It’s much easier for people to commit to going if they 100% know it’s going to happen.

All in all there was a pretty good turnout! I’d like to work something out for group lunch. So everyone can connect. I’ve been on this board for ages and only know a small handful of members.

It’s our pleasure. It’s a great way to support CR and it’s members. We’ll do our best to make sure every CR track rental happens. It’s much easier for people to commit to going if they 100% know it’s going to happen.

All in all there was a pretty good turnout! I’d like to work something out for group lunch. So everyone can connect. I’ve been on this board for ages and only know a small handful of members.

We can talk about this more in 2018 and come up with a plan. I would love to combine my two favorite things, cooking, and racing at one of our events for sure.

Thanks to everyone involved for making this event happen.

I finished the day with a new personal best for me in the car. I know there is more hiding in there, I just have to figure out where it is. I'm now in the lower half of the 8's with an 8.49 at 147. Leaving off the rev limiter is a hell of a kick in the pants. I'm actually sore today. The car's 60foot is right in the 1.15 to 1.20 range.

I ran an 8.88 @ 150 mph, track was awesome! This was a day of several firsts for me, that track, 1/4 mile with the twins, 150+mph, and into the 8's, had a blast. Like I posted before, thanks to all who made this happen, looking forward to doing it again next year.

On a side note, if anyone happens to have any video of me (red s10 blazer), please feel free to post it up or pm me a link if you can, thanks.

It was a nice day for the event. Car was really lean when I started but ended up with an 9.69 @ 137.66. One run was 10.34@129.05 on 7 cylinders as I left number one spark plug wire off.

Big thanks to LT1RICK for helping warn traffic on 71S as I changed a trailer tire.

It was a nice day for the event. Car was really lean when I started but ended up with an 9.69 @ 137.66. One run was 10.34@129.05 on 7 cylinders as I left number one spark plug wire off.

Big thanks to LT1RICK for helping warn traffic on 71S as I changed a trailer tire.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does stupid shit like leaving a sparkplug wire off. I was in the staging lanes for my first pass and realized I never set my tire pressure. When I got back to my trailer I checked them and was pretty close. One was half pound high and the other was half pound low.

You're very welcome on the assist beside the highway.

Fiero Turd went 12.55 @ 108.9 with a 1.86 60'.

If you were on anything other than a hoosier or full on slick you got shafted. That cone that was there on the left side was to keep you out of the groove so your DR's wouldn't "tear up the track for the pro mods that are coming in Saturday morning".

I know my car isn't the fastest but when you need to get a decent 60' to get a decent time and no matter what you do you can't hook for shit it kinda sucks.

Yeah here was my best (on the left) I swear there is better traction on the street than the the left lane there. I give up with this car. Just gonna drive it. No point in racing this turd anymore.

1c36bcf37dfa53e4ecada0ce865d0cee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah here was my best (on the left) I swear there is better traction on the street than the the left lane there. I give up with this car. Just gonna drive it. No point in racing this turd anymore.

1c36bcf37dfa53e4ecada0ce865d0cee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you were in the left, the cone was most likely in the groove. Pushing you outside of it.. hence your shitty 60'.

If you were in the left, the cone was most likely in the groove. Pushing you outside of it.. hence your shitty 60'.

It was, I thought it was odd. Now I know why it was there. I’m still a shitty driver, never had anything less than a 2.0 60 ft time on street tires. I’ve given up trying to dip in the 12s with this car. Not gonna happen unless I do rear suspension and do drag setup.

It was, I thought it was odd. Now I know why it was there. I’m still a shitty driver, never had anything less than a 2.0 60 ft time on street tires. I’ve given up trying to dip in the 12s with this car. Not gonna happen unless I do rear suspension and do drag setup.

I was at 2.0, 2.1' with 255 BFG drag radials Friday. At trails, with my shitty craigslist Z rated 225's was cutting 1.8x 60's. I have it on video where I asked if I can go in the groove and didn't even go through the water box and had my best 1.86 60'. :dumb: