Picked up a new ride...

Franchi

So this past week, I went from this....

2004 Mustang Mach 1

d334Kj7.jpg?1

To this.....

2013 Dodge Charger RT

H8rGRmx.jpg?1

Straight up trade. The Mach 1 has been up for sale about 6 months and I was getting tired of looking at it and so originally decided to trade for the Charger as I thought that would be much easier to sell then a modded high mileage Mustang..... The 03/04 Mach 1 are still one of my favorite Mustangs of all time appearance wise in factory trim but mine had a bunch of little things off with it and while it was pretty quick, when not hammering the gas hard, it wasn't much fun to drive and as such, I only put prob 1k miles on it in a year and half and I just wanted to be rid of it.

So I did the trade with the intent to just get rid of the Mach 1 and then figured it would be easier to sell the Charger and on paper, it's worth a couple k more then the Mach 1 was, plus it being 9 years newer then the Mach 1

But I ain't gonna lie, after a week of rolling around in the Charger, I like it way more then I thought I would. It's big, powerful ( relatively ) and easy to drive. So I may keep it for the summer just for fun but I know next to zero about the 5.7 in them other then I already dont like MDS mode so I will prob throw a tune on it just to disable that and tweak the shifting a bit. It was a police cruiser so still has the working spotlight and that is WAY more fun then it should be.... I may or may not have freaked out some people with it....both friends and random strangers. lol

But I already told myself that I'm NOT modding this one....we see how LONG that lasts. :-)

Anybody fairly familar with the 5.7 have any suggestions or common things to check out on them? It has 124k on the clock but overall, looks to be in REALLY good shape and pretty well maintained, checked it out in pretty good detail when we did the trade but not very familar with that engine or Dodge's in general, this being my first one.

va7IW6Q.jpg?1

This is also my first NON blue fun car and to anybody who knows me, what a shocker that is....( but hey, I didnt pay anything for it! ) It was parked in front of my house and a friend came over and asked whose car that was and what's done do it....as it never even occured to them that I may ever own a non bright blue fun vehicle...But I gotta admit, silver does seem to hide the dirt a lot better! Ha...

Edited by Franchi

Props. Great "fun" DD.

Does any helljunk crap bolt onto it?

Just a flowmaster catback, other then that, bone stock. Which is weird....I cant even remember last time I owned a stock vehicle.

You traded a funstang for an automatic sedan?

Meh. The older I get, the less I care about rowing gears all the time. Which is funny cause ten years ago, I would have been "Hells to the no to any type of automatic"

Here we go...

It's CR, if you get ONE actually helpful / positive comment out of a dozen, that's a pretty good ratio actually!

FUCKING LOL. Kill yourself

See above...

Lifters go bad, usually wipes the cam

Outside of that not too bad really. My 5.7 in my truck has been flawless

Good to know, thanks!

That Mustang was an investment with everything he had done to it

Ha, if you could only get a dollar for dollar return on performance mods installed....usually you are doing good if you can get 1/4 of any money spent on mods back when selling it. Once you are talking cars modded beyond your basic bolt on stuff...

Which is exactly why it's usually better off financially speaking to remove and sell off said mods then sell the car in stock to close to stock form.

And Mach 1's usually do hold their value pretty well, believe me, I know as I looked for about 6 - 8 months before I got this one. A very well cared for, super low miles, clean garage queen Mach 1 can go anywhere from $14 to $19k....

My Mach 1 didn't hit ANY of the above criteria. lol Bought it cheap and thought it be fun but just got tired of fixing shit on it only to have something else ( usually minor ) break right after. There wasn't a time I think when I owned it that something didnt work right or had a part on order, waiting for time to install it. Had a bunch of people interested in it when put up for sale in summer, but the endless stream of small shit breaking tended to scare em off as I would be totally upfront with them and let them know what they were getting into.

So in the end, I am just happy it's gone and the Charger is far more enjoyable then I would have ever thought a four door sedan could be.

That being said, I didn't know that the Chargers apparently have a bit of a stereotype attached to them with a certain cultural population group REALLY liking them... which is hilarious because I've had two random people come up to me and give me a compliment on the car ( having only driven it a few days bear in mind ) and how they liked it a lot and both fit the exact profile of that group that likes Chargers.

Hell, tax rebate time is coming up, I could prob sell it REALLY quick if I wanted come April. lol

Ha, if you could only get a dollar for dollar return on performance mods installed....usually you are doing good if you can get 1/4 of any money spent on mods back when selling it. Once you are talking cars modded beyond your basic bolt on stuff...

Which is exactly why it's usually better off financially speaking to remove and sell off said mods then sell the car in stock to close to stock form.

And Mach 1's usually do hold their value pretty well, believe me, I know as I looked for about 6 - 8 months before I got this one. A very well cared for, super low miles, clean garage queen Mach 1 can go anywhere from $14 to $19k....

My Mach 1 didn't hit ANY of the above criteria. lol Bought it cheap and thought it be fun but just got tired of fixing shit on it only to have something else ( usually minor ) break right after. There wasn't a time I think when I owned it that something didnt work right or had a part on order, waiting for time to install it. Had a bunch of people interested in it when put up for sale in summer, but the endless stream of small shit breaking tended to scare em off as I would be totally upfront with them and let them know what they were getting into.

So in the end, I am just happy it's gone and the Charger is far more enjoyable then I would have ever thought a four door sedan could be.

That being said, I didn't know that the Chargers apparently have a bit of a stereotype attached to them with a certain cultural population group REALLY liking them... which is hilarious because I've had two random people come up to me and give me a compliment on the car ( having only driven it a few days bear in mind ) and how they liked it a lot and both fit the exact profile of that group that likes Chargers.

Hell, tax rebate time is coming up, I could prob sell it REALLY quick if I wanted come April. lol

Your talking about Drug dealers right? :dumb:

I think the Mustang is a hell of a lot cooler, but if the Charger is worth the same amount or more (and easier to sell) then it makes perfect sense if you were ditching the Mustang anyway.

Agreed. I did the trade intending to just list up the Charger right away to sell....but after driving it a few days and it being much more enjoyable then I thought it would be, may just keep it for the summer and sell it then.

And a working BRIGHT ass spotlight....is way more fun then you would think. lol

Alright...that's a whole LOTTA TEXT, but I do understand your reasoning now. I will still be forever happy to wrench on my stuff, but a constantly-breaking car gets really old, really fast. It's OK to say that now that you're out from underneath it. :lol:

I think the car looks good, but seeing people's comments about ditching the stripe is not a bad move. Looks good as it sits, doe...with those wheels/tires you don't even have to lower it. Is that fender badging an add-on from the PO? Can't imagine a cop special would have those things.

Also, forget the "whackers"...you got a nicely modded Charger, no need to bring it back down to working spec. That's some silly nonsense.

Good for you if you're happier. At least someone else is hopefully enjoying driving the mustang, shifting gears, involving themselves in their drive.

Automatic, heavy, boat sedan on narrow tires? Ewwww. It's like you went to rent a car and said "at least this one has a v8... I guess"

COPE

O

P

E

That being said, I didn't know that the Chargers apparently have a bit of a stereotype attached to them with a certain cultural population group REALLY liking them...

I live a mile away from that stereotype's domain and see Chargers, 300's, and Challengers all goofed up with big wheels and shit a lot. Same with V6 Camaros, but not as bad. Rarely see Mustangs owned but that crowd for some reason.

Good for you if you're happier. At least someone else is hopefully enjoying driving the mustang, shifting gears, involving themselves in their drive.

"

It was funny....when we swapped and the guy getting it was test driving it, the cruise control button popped off and he was happy about that as he said now he could justify getting some billet controls.... where I was sitting there thinking how typical, something else breaks just as he is driving it for first time...

I hope he's happy with it and I made sure he was fully aware of what he was getting into.