new kid hauler

kirks5oh

I traded my vette for a chevy SS. had the SS for 4 months, and it wasn't for me. so I traded that in for a charger hellcat. I haven't driven it yet due to the weather here. I did let my kids vote on the license plate. they picked "gram jam" long story

Off topic but why did you not like the SS? I am considering one for a DD.

You have some amazing cars for sure, but I'm assuming you're falling into the "getting old and don't care about shifting" club? You seem to be amassing a fleet of quite large automatic vehicles.

Let's hope the fox body is a manual.

2018 Lincoln Navigator = 207.4"

1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V = 230.3"

Nearly two feet longer.

Just remember who the king of the road still is, in your puny little Sissy-Utility-Vehicle. :D

haha! Never realized how long the Mark V was. My father had Mark III and V and I remember when he had to "notch" the wall in the garage to make room for the bumper. Crazy. When he got is V he said it was because the garage was already made for it :)

Off topic but why did you not like the SS? I am considering one for a DD.

It was missing 200hp and I didn’t want to add a blower when i could get a hellcat and mod that. Don’t get me wrong, the SS is a great car. If I had long trips to take for work, this would fit the bill. The mag ride might be more comfortable on the road compared to my Audi. The car sounds great, very good build quality, and interior. It’s worlds better than the dodge as far as fit and finish. It was just not aggressive enough for me. I was shocked when I matted the go pedal and the car barely chirped the tires. That car would have been perfect with a small tvs blower and the 10 speed auto. Or at least the 8 speed.

I just want to know if you have to dress and act like Matthew McConaughey when driving it? And have you quit wearing deordant? :gabe:

I naturally smell bad, and routinely jump into pools backwards, fully clothed. This was the only logical vehicle choice for me.

You have some amazing cars for sure, but I'm assuming you're falling into the "getting old and don't care about shifting" club? You seem to be amassing a fleet of quite large automatic vehicles.

Let's hope the fox body is a manual.

Unfortunately, yes. That, and these autos are just that good. I’ve thought about getting a new manual mustang. But I have a hard time buying the slower car, even though it might be more fun to drive

Nice pick up! Havent seen you post on here recently so good to see you back. Excited to see what comes of the Hellcat!

Thanks. I lurk mainly. I do miss Ohio. I’d like to get into drag racing a little more and get the hellcat deep into the 10’s, maybe 9’s

Nice ride that I actually like a lot!

My neighbor has last years with these wheels that I think would look SHARP on yours. When I was shopping a new F150, I was thinking of putting them on it. Not bad for OEM.

http://66459d5879444e9839e0-435dc82d2f7910fc235c77bb38474e9a.r18.cf1.rackcdn.com/5LMJJ2LT6HEL03567/b06c78fed47efa577b480521d864f3e4.jpg

Damn man, I can't even imagine. Once you're burdened with hauling that many people, the choices are slim.

Good luck.

kids are a burden.....................

to people that shouldn't have kids. lol. I have 3 kids and my wife has two. with so many kids being brought up wrong, following their parents' footsteps in being a burden to society, I have the opportunity to hopefully raise 5 successful kids--whatever success means. either way, they will have access to all the resources they need to become productive members of society. half the time we don't have the kids, so its a 180 degree switch.

kids are a burden.....................

to people that shouldn't have kids. lol. I have 3 kids and my wife has two. with so many kids being brought up wrong, following their parents' footsteps in being a burden to society, I have the opportunity to hopefully raise 5 successful kids--whatever success means. either way, they will have access to all the resources they need to become productive members of society. half the time we don't have the kids, so its a 180 degree switch.

Well said, could not agree more. As a young empty nester (45), I can tell you it is quite the adjustment to not have them around. There is not a day that passes that I don’t miss them and the “burdens” they put on me.

Well said, could not agree more. As a young empty nester (45), I can tell you it is quite the adjustment to not have them around. There is not a day that passes that I don’t miss them and the “burdens” they put on me.

I have plenty of burdens and will gladly bring a few over your place. ;)

I think this is the first "new vehicle" thread by you that I've ever been disappointed in. Still a sweet vehicle, just wasn't exciting. Lol

no worries, there will be other cars in the future. hopefully this summer or next, I'm going with something more exotic. the kids have been pumped about this truck for several months--we ordered it back in Oct/nov. they've been crazy excited all last week, with the truck arriving. to the point they want to go out in my shop and just sit in it. my other cars? they couldn't give two shits. hopefully they will respect this vehicle because they like it that much? maybe not :lolguy: