Home Improvement Thread II (2018)

Zx2guy19

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to use all of the good grass/sod from the boxes and transfer it over to where our two dogs have worn down to the dirt and tree roots..

49709227501_494227cdb2_b.jpg

Once I was 2 boxes worth in I realized to finish it I had to "harvest" more and more digging all the non essential parts to quilt it all together to get coverage,this is close to finished.

Next time just buy sod.

I am currently remodeling my living room and figured to throw up a few pics of the various builds and projects of it on here.

Dead space corner in my living room, has a 8 foot tall fern tree in the space...

OMOSAgl.jpg

Said plant wanna be tree....

xXyHtyv.jpg

Had an idea Sunday and built a frame out of scraps from my woodshop...

tS2fUpw.jpg

Stained the center to make it almost invisible

w24DG8Q.jpg

River stone tiles leftover from another project...

ZkTB664.jpg

And completed. Clad the leading edge between the couches in bamboo boards so you can't see the frame at all.

Fills the space perfectly and the wanna be tree will go right in the middle....(not adding it until I finish the floors soon which is another work in progress)

QfpVJs7.jpg

Edited by Franchi

Another piece recently completed. It is pretty big at 4 ft wide by 2 ft tall as it was designed for a specific spot in my living room that needed a little something something to help. And I LOVE mountains....

Simple pine wood, sliced and diced into specific sizes with the tablesaw

3OaxEBI.jpg

Some white paint and plywood backing..

mgCqVZT.jpg

Starting to take shape... used a different stain mix on each mountain to keep them subtly different...

5t8LouE.jpg

Finished product...

2no2UbH.jpg

Fits the space perfectly...

FihOzF0.jpg

Thanks for looking....(ignore the floor, it's a work in progress still)

Not much needs done to the new house, but I’ve spent some time in the garage so far. There was a really odd corner shelf setup that was taking up valuable space so I removed that along with some crappy shelves on the same wall.

BzMZRrq.jpg

CSWF0RA.jpg

2D206B1C-F4D1-43B9-9850-9B1FE519022B.jpg.41a341a277aeabbcf338c19987d25e24.jpg

34CD3823-5459-425C-ABB9-5D36067D771E.jpg.dea66ff4d931223435c51ec1b4cf4774.jpg

Edited by Mitch
fixed pics. it's what I do.

I also built some raised garden beds, my wife's garden was sacrificed when the new garage went in last fall so I owed her something nice. No idea how I'm going to fill these with dirt and plants with everything being locked down now.

Akrky9Ih.jpg

dude, this is perfect, how much do you have wrapped up in this and did you use weather treated wood