Best looking car for under $10k?

greg1647545532

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea that gen XK was that cheap now. I'll have to get one

With 150k and multiple accidents on the carfax one being a disabled tow ya it’s that cheap considering retail average with hose high miles would be about 11.5-13 with a good carfax

What if I want a beautiful car that people will enjoy looking at?

:dumb:

I've had a rough couple of weeks with my hobby and started thinking about de-trackifying the Miata and just having a weekend toy that still makes people smile (my kids love showing off the Miata to their friends), but the seats in it aren't great and I figure if could sell it to another track nut in its current state and buy something a bit more comfortable that still has that fun character, it might be a better option.

Mostly, though, this is just how I pass the time.

Doing it for the kids = :fuckyeah:

With 150k and multiple accidents on the carfax one being a disabled tow ya it’s that cheap considering retail average with hose high miles would be about 11.5-13 with a good carfax

In the spirit of this thread....

does anyone ask to see the carfax when you pull up to a car meet? Or, in this case, the local Ice Cream stand? :p

In the spirit of this thread....

does anyone ask to see the carfax when you pull up to a car meet? Or, in this case, the local Ice Cream stand? :p

Not at all but if from a picture of you can tell something is off how do you think it will look in person? And I don’t think he is trying to just impress people at a car meet with it haha

Not at all but if from a picture of you can tell something is off how do you think it will look in person? And I don’t think he is trying to just impress people at a car meet with it haha

If that car pulls into any parking lot there is a .01% chance someone is looking at that and saying "oh yea, I can see the flood damage from here"

In fact I just looked again and I am having difficulty seeing a specific issue with it that screams flood??

Maserati's are going for ~$15K. I'm sure any non-car person would drool over that.

There's an S8 for sale on here, not sure how impressed non-car people would be with that though.

Holy shit, you weren't kidding about these Maseratis

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/735396242/overview/

What's the rub? Aside from terrible reliability and crazy expensive maintenance?

Holy shit, you weren't kidding about these Maseratis

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/735396242/overview/

What's the rub? Aside from terrible reliability and crazy expensive maintenance?

It doesn't have their terrible single-clutch automated manual in it, so that's a huge plus. Can't remember the last time I actually saw one of these with a true manual transmission in it.

the 2001 to 2007 Maserati Coupe and spyder were the last two Masers to come with a manual transmission. They are out there and not all that rare but IIRC there is some defect with the manual transmissions or the clutch that makes driving them a nightmare.

chances are this one is well sorted:

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-maserati-corso-spyder/6593870102.html

01111_2x3uStFbSxt_600x450.jpg

but it is $4K above budget.

I've always been partial to the older XJRs they just seem to say "test my gangsta"

3k- with a blower!!!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=485094029&zip=44011&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D44011%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DJAGXJR%26makeCodeList%3DJAG%26searchRadius%3D0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=JAGXJR&makeCodeList=JAG&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=JAG&modelCode1=JAGXJR

I have to say-my first job was a ported at a Jag dealer. I was 15-would ride the bus there (we where poor). And I literally though I was in heaven. I though anyone that has a XKR or XJR was a celebrity. Maybe thats why this strikes a cord with me...but MAN- I approve!!!

Thats so cool.

the 2001 to 2007 Maserati Coupe and spyder were the last two Masers to come with a manual transmission. They are out there and not all that rare but IIRC there is some defect with the manual transmissions or the clutch that makes driving them a nightmare.

chances are this one is well sorted:

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-maserati-corso-spyder/6593870102.html

01111_2x3uStFbSxt_600x450.jpg

but it is $4K above budget.

I keep looking at this, I know it's dumb but....

Greg, I tell everyone...

When I'm driving around UA in my '78 Lincoln, I can't go anywhere without someone saying to me or my wife they saw me rollin'. It's not sporty, but aside from the airbag kit it has truly been almost maintenance-free since I bought it and put $250 in tune-up parts back in November of '16. Not a bad way to spend $1500.

Plus, the DGAF factor is yuuuuge in an old land yacht. No one cuts you off, you're in no rush to make that turn, or speed to get to your destination. Plus, your kids lose their minds riding around in something so ridiculously NOT NORMAL.

I didn't want to clutter up the OP with requirements, but since we're deep into page 2 now, I'll cop to really not being a fan of classic cars. My first car was an 85 Crown Vic and it turned me off of boats forever. Whatever I get I'd at least want to be able to take to drill out in Dayton, and I don't see the appeal of recirculating ball steering or bench seats.

Not that I'm knocking what everyone else finds beautiful :) I know big girls need love too.