I did a thing

PRD2BDF

My dudes...it’s a large AWD Turbo panoramic-roof wagon for $25k...

^^^ this. I drove one when my wife was looking and the interior of them is nice too. You don't see many on the road which is a cool factor IMO.

Love the color too!

That thing is an awesome daily, never seen one before. Very cool and unique. Good for stepping away from the crossover/SUV madness.

Thank you to all those who congratulated and scorned. I appreciate it!

I was ready to step out of the SUV/crossover game because it was definitely not worth the added expense (fuel etc) when a car could have done it just fine.

I'm really enjoying the car. Took it for a good drive in the twisties, it does surprisingly well, the tires are a letdown but that's to be expected. You can tell the torque vectoring in the back helps.

The auto stop/start is annoying, that's for sure.

Thank you to all those who congratulated and scorned. I appreciate it!

I was ready to step out of the SUV/crossover game because it was definitely not worth the added expense (fuel etc) when a car could have done it just fine.

I'm really enjoying the car. Took it for a good drive in the twisties, it does surprisingly well, the tires are a letdown but that's to be expected. You can tell the torque vectoring in the back helps.

The auto stop/start is annoying, that's for sure.

Auto stop/start it's a pain but if you pop the hood and start it with the hood up and it disables the auto stop/start. Also I heard putting it in manual mode then flipping back turns it off too.

If you don't want to deal with that you can always get a tune to remove it.

I'm really enjoying the car. Took it for a good drive in the twisties, it does surprisingly well, the tires are a letdown but that's to be expected.

I highly recommend you get some solid summer wheels/tires, and keep the factory take-offs as winter shoes. You’ll fall in love every spring when the DD gets clean wheels and way better performance on summer tires, and everything will last longer since you’re speading driving over 2 sets of shoes.

Plus, while I do like the styling of the TourX, those factory wheels are a let-down. The car would definitely benefit from some more aggressive wheels.

I highly recommend you get some solid summer wheels/tires, and keep the factory take-offs as winter shoes. You’ll fall in love every spring when the DD gets clean wheels and way better performance on summer tires, and everything will last longer since you’re speading driving over 2 sets of shoes.

Plus, while I do like the styling of the TourX, those factory wheels are a let-down. The car would definitely benefit from some more aggressive wheels.

Right now, I'm okay with the wheels. I definitely want to replace the tires before winter. I was hoping to use my old Saab wheels but GM, in its brilliancy, decided to return to 5x115 patterns so my 5x120 wheels that I saved cannot be reused.

I probably will try the current tires in the snow to see if I can manage, if not, I'm getting new tires. The current tires are the stupid "Conti-Silent" tires with foam inside it.

As for more, there's still several 2018s sitting on lots nationwide, I just went for the local one because...local. This was the last one from my dealer.

• 3 weeks later...
I did a thing as well and found a 2018 Tour X Essence (top trim) for $26,900 (sticker was $40,400) has the options I wanted like radar cruise, and no sunroof. They are literally giving these things away so they probably will not be made for much longer, which is a shame because it truly is a great car. I tried the crossover SUV thing, it just isn't for me. I like the ride and handling of a car but I need more room than a sedan to haul my work equipment. In the 1200 miles I have already driven it, I am averaging 32 mpg. I love wagons!

https://www.holmanbuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Buick-Regal_TourX-Essence_AWD-Batavia-OH/3284012743

Dealer I got mine from still has a few left. This one is optioned similar to mine. Similar price but they even went and found more rebates on top of the sales price, hence why mine was $26,9xx.

https://www.holmanbuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Buick-Regal_TourX-Essence_AWD-Batavia-OH/3284012743

Dealer I got mine from still has a few left. This one is optioned similar to mine. Similar price but they even went and found more rebates on top of the sales price, hence why mine was $26,9xx.

I got mine from high White. It was the last one remaining and it just had the sounds and sights package and that's it. Exactly what I wanted.

Always get what you want and be happy. I never use a sunroof so I was happy to find one without it. I drive 30-40k miles a year and mostly highway so adaptive cruise was a must. My first week with the car I put 1500 miles on it and I am loving it.

• 2 months later...

Not gonna lie, it's in the running as a daily for either my wife or me next. She is also looking at the new Rav 4 Plug in with 300hp.

This wagon is good looking for sure though. Offers plenty of room and the feature while not killer are all good. The prices if them used are great which is attracting us to it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Better get one quickly (Dan Tobin has two on their lot), because GM just did GM things. Womp womp...

https://jalopnik.com/dead-all-buick-regals-including-the-tour-x-wagon-too-1840199479

I knew that was coming. First coupes, manuals, who would have though sedans would die....and wagons; fuck, can't we have anything besides SUV's and Trucks? Add in kids today don't get wood for wheels anymore....America Should be Better.

/rant