Rotary engine questions....

xlr8tn

Also for all you F body guys a 1994 Z28 out on FB without a title for $800. The outside is very dirty and interior rough (Might be an impounded one). Looks like a great project or race car (Believe this is a LT1)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1440773826079827/

Add a pack of Pall Mall's and a mullet and you've got a COFBA starter kit.

I’m an fbody guy, and I wouldn’t touch that pile of fail and aids.

If you are looking for something sporty and with reliability why not a Z car. Multiples out there for $6-10K that look nice. Also a couple beaters if you want something to wrench on. Most of them are auto's too (Most kids these days are not into shifting)..

One looks nice (But a vert) at Gender auto sales out in Anal Winchester (Yes I know Canal).. Only 60K on the odometer ($6950)

My wife doesn't want him to have a rwd car with winter and all. I get it I guess even though I drove rwd cars for years in the winter. They do suck in the snow compared to fwd but doable. Looked at a Hyundai Veloster today which checked most of the boxes. That particular car wasn't the one but gives us another model to keep our eyes out for. Also looked at an 02 ram 4x4 because he kinda wants a truck but it had 144k on it which is getting up there for a Dodge transmission. Search continues. We'll find something and we're going to be patient and find the right vehicle. It'll come along.

The RX8 is rwd....

Yeah...we're off those altogether and at the time my wife hadn't put the foot down on the rwd yet.

Do not get a veloster either trust me

What's wrong with those? The stuff I've read made them not sound too bad but I'm all about hearing as many opinions as possible.

I’m an fbody guy, and I wouldn’t touch that pile of fail and aids.

:lol:

Also looked at an 02 ram 4x4 because he kinda wants a truck but it had 144k on it which is getting up there for a Dodge transmission.

I had a dodge run to over 200k. Had to have the transmission rebuilt but it made it.

I'd steer away from a high mileage '02. Good call there.

Search continues. We'll find something and we're going to be patient and find the right vehicle. It'll come along.

That's the best course of action.

That trans is what worries me the most on that truck. The engine doesn't scare me near as much although at that mileage maintenance and care plays a big part. A few things I saw on the truck led me to believe whoever owned it before either had no mechanical aptitude or was just lazy. Both switch panels on the doors had been removed....most likely wrong breaking the clips and they used small screws and silicone to remount them. Haha

What's wrong with those? The stuff I've read made them not sound too bad but I'm all about hearing as many opinions as possible.

Engines like to knock on your door, transmission likes to scream at you like an ex,

Sunroof likes to rattle itself to death also.

It’s missing a door but you get the idea

That trans is what worries me the most on that truck. The engine doesn't scare me near as much although at that mileage maintenance and care plays a big part. A few things I saw on the truck led me to believe whoever owned it before either had no mechanical aptitude or was just lazy. Both switch panels on the doors had been removed....most likely wrong breaking the clips and they used small screws and silicone to remount them. Haha

:wtf: Yup. Hard pass.

My wife doesn't want him to have a rwd car with winter and all. I get it I guess even though I drove rwd cars for years in the winter. They do suck in the snow compared to fwd but doable.

Can we talk about this for a second? I drove RWD cars most of my life in northern climates, cars without traction control, stability control, abs, or any driver assistance aids of any kind - and yeah there were days it did suck.

that said, any rwd car made after 2004 has at the very least abs and traction control, and anything 2012 or newer has stability control standard. So is RWD in the winter really an issue anymore? I feel like this is old thinking and its a non-starter. Any "overpowered" car is going to be a handful in the weather, but that goes for FWD, AWD, and RWD.

the 2010 SN197 mustang has stability control standard - go find a nice used GT that is unmodified. This is the last year of the 4.6 so it tends to be cheaper than the 2011 and up with they coyote, and it is a more manageable 315hp (still a lot for a kid though).

always remember to check insurance cost though as I can't imagine a mustang GT is cheap to insure for anybody under 25.

if RWD is solidly off the table - then go look at a mk5 or newer GTI and call it a day. the MK5 has some service issues that can be a pain, so look for a mk 6 (2008-2012). It will be stick, fun, safe, and exactly the kind of car a young enthusiast needs. you should be able to find a good clean 2010 for between $6-10K depending on miles.

I've had several rwd cars. 75 Cutlass, 79 trans am, and an 04 gto. Drove all of those through the winter with not a ton of problems. Trans am was by far the worst. That said for a 16 year old a fwd is the better choice I think. Want to give him every advantage of I can.

I daily drove my Challenger Scat Pack even in the snow after I put snow tires out back. It was fun as hell with almost 500hp in the slushy stuff. Edit; it had so many nannies on it, I would try to get it upset but it was nearly impossible for it to get out of hand until you turned them all off.

I daily drove my Challenger Scat Pack even in the snow after I put snow tires out back. It was fun as hell with almost 500hp in the slushy stuff. Edit; it had so many nannies on it, I would try to get it upset but it was nearly impossible for it to get out of hand until you turned them all off.

Why did you get rid of it?

Still shopping for him a replacement car. He found a 13 dart that he likes alot. Has a 2L and Hyundai trans. Seems the 13 in particular is hit or miss but the 2L is better than the 1.4. Haven't made a decision on it yet but thinking about it.