Best LED headlight conversion kit.

Johny Utah

Probably just take your pick. Get the highest rated junk you see on Amazon.

A buddy of mine asked the same thing the other day, saying they have ones with adjustable shrouds or maybe rotatable bulbs at least....as if that will 'make it right'

In the end he settled on...who cares as long as my wife can see.

Sadly thats the answer...you will be able to see the ditches and tree tops better, thus giving the impression you have made an improvement, but everyone else will simply be throwing negative Karma your way hoping you put that thing in a ditch asap.

I have had mixed issues putting LED's in newer vehicles because they don't have high enough resistance for the electrical circuits. If your car uses the headlights also for daytime running lights forget about it. If you have fog lights, they may not work properly because the LED's don't have enough resistance.

I have had continued success with HID's with the auxiliary ballasts in vehicles where LED's did not work.

Just my experience.

I do prefer LED's, more plug and play, less to mess with. The ones I buy are just whatever is on Amazon with a ton of high-ish reviews. I have Hikari's currently in 3 vehicles.

This channel on Youtube seems to do some reasonable testing of LED lights. I haven’t bought any, and these guys also sell them so take it with a grain of salt. Maybe you’ll find it interesting.

Carol was just complaining the other day she doesn't think her headlights are bright enough in her Tundra. Maybe I should grab a set from this test. Thanks man. Oh, and fuck you too. :) Have a merry new year everyone.

This channel on Youtube seems to do some reasonable testing of LED lights. I haven’t bought any, and these guys also sell them so take it with a grain of salt. Maybe you’ll find it interesting.

Thanks for posting that. I watched it. I think I’m going to try the .diodedynamics

Ones.

If you want a good read on it, this guy went way in depth!

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/why-leds-should-not-be-run-in-halogen-reflectors.454371/

And you are looking at H11's? Dude made a thread testing those too: (granted its a Tacoma not a Fusion)

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/3rd-gen-hid-vs-led-vs-halogen-h11-projector-headlights.589465/

I went with amazon specials for my BMW that were projector halogen with LED turn signals. Why? Even as part of normal service I was changing signal light bulbs far more often than headlight bulbs and on that car they are much harder to change. LED's are basically set it and forget it.

For headlight...light I feel like there are too many options out there that throw poor light. LED doesn't generate more light, it just draws less power and require less service and that's the advantage. LED lights that provide a real improvement in light being shown cost real money, and I am cheap, whereas it's hard to get a bad halogen in projector light.

I just replaced headlights and fogs in my super duty with BeamTech and so far, they have been awesome. Plug and play...inexpensive...fast shipping. They were recommended by another buddy with my same truck and he has ran them for a long time without complaint.

They are way better than the stockers.

https://www.beamtechs.com/

-Marc

I just replaced headlights and fogs in my super duty with BeamTech and so far, they have been awesome. Plug and play...inexpensive...fast shipping. They were recommended by another buddy with my same truck and he has ran them for a long time without complaint.

They are way better than the stockers.

https://www.beamtechs.com/

-Marc

^this^

I put these in my 2007 Colorado highs/lows/fogs and they have been fantastic. They've been in over 3 months now and I've only been 'brighted' once. They aren't obnoxious and the difference is amazing. Wish I would have done it sooner.

• 2 weeks later...
Carol was just complaining the other day she doesn't think her headlights are bright enough in her Tundra. Maybe I should grab a set from this test. Thanks man. Oh, and fuck you too. :) Have a merry new year everyone.

We recently picked up a used 2018 Tundra and it came with LED headlights. What year do you have?

Might also be an option for my year/packages (Ours has appearance and TRD).

^this^

I put these in my 2007 Colorado highs/lows/fogs and they have been fantastic. They've been in over 3 months now and I've only been 'brighted' once. They aren't obnoxious and the difference is amazing. Wish I would have done it sooner.

my factory infiniti lights get people flashing their highs at me nightly :(

they're adjusted perfectly and everything, just fucking bright. I usually then hit them with the highbeams and they fuck off.

We recently picked up a used 2018 Tundra and it came with LED headlights. What year do you have?

Might also be an option for my year/packages (Ours has appearance and TRD).

Hers is a 2000. We found a unicorn, garage queen, 1 owner Ohio truck that was completely clean and 100% rust free. Might help to clean up the headlight lenses. Don't know that I'm really wanting to spend the money for a good set of LEDs. It sounds like the cheap ones will just burn out (or burn the truck down to the ground).

Hers is a 2000. We found a unicorn, garage queen, 1 owner Ohio truck that was completely clean and 100% rust free. Might help to clean up the headlight lenses. Don't know that I'm really wanting to spend the money for a good set of LEDs. It sounds like the cheap ones will just burn out (or burn the truck down to the ground).

Wow 2000 model year was the first (Had one too) and was a clam shell door access cab. Great truck and moved to a 2006 double cab because our daughter was a pain to get out of the back in parking lots. Should be a great truck and just update with better bulbs if the mrs's says they are too dim.