What did you spend your stimulus $ on?

Franchi

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was laid off in December and my severance just ran out right before all this Corona stuff. I filed for unemployment and haven't seen anything from them yet and searching for a job right now is damn near impossible (unless I want to make half or less than I was). So the stimulus is padding the bank account with what I had set aside (I wasn't counting on unemployment to come through), should get us by until I am gainfully employed again. For now, I'm just enjoying being home with the kids.

I was laid off in December and my severance just ran out right before all this Corona stuff. I filed for unemployment and haven't seen anything from them yet and searching for a job right now is damn near impossible (unless I want to make half or less than I was). So the stimulus is padding the bank account with what I had set aside (I wasn't counting on unemployment to come through), should get us by until I am gainfully employed again. For now, I'm just enjoying being home with the kids.

Good luck with the unemployment man. Everything I'm seeing from people I know is that there are no payments going out at all and it's just a big cluster fuck.

Good luck with the unemployment man. Everything I'm seeing from people I know is that there are no payments going out at all and it's just a big cluster fuck.

I've not received a stimulus check/deposit, and I am expecting to. I am this week on the 2nd week of my 2-weeks of mandated unpaid furlough by my employer.

I never had to use the unemployment system before, but I filed a claim for the 1st week on a Monday and received a direct deposit the Thursday of that same week. I did the same this past Monday and received correspondence that I should receive a payment most likely tomorrow.

The site is clunky and feels a lot like e-filing your taxes, but the system has worked fine for me. If there are people forced to use the phone hotline to file a claim I imagine that's painful at best.

I've not received a stimulus check/deposit, and I am expecting to. I am this week on the 2nd week of my 2-weeks of mandated unpaid furlough by my employer.

I never had to use the unemployment system before, but I filed a claim for the 1st week on a Monday and received a direct deposit the Thursday of that same week. I did the same this past Monday and received correspondence that I should receive a payment most likely tomorrow.

The site is clunky and feels a lot like e-filing your taxes, but the system has worked fine for me. If there are people forced to use the phone hotline to file a claim I imagine that's painful at best.

You are the first person I've seen that I have direct contact get paid. I know of another CR member that couldn't even get on the site to file, it just crashed all the time. He was told to try at midnight or in the early morning hours becauase that's when the site worked.

Two other people I know have jumped through every hoop and never got paid. Said there was some type of error or issue on the state's side and they can never reach anybody to get it sorted out.

I've seen other people all posting similar stories in replies to status on social media.

It's a shitshow and I feel terrible for all those getting sucked into this. My wife and I are watching the OH, MI, and CA state sites to see if our companies are putting layoff notices up. I know mine is coming, just not sure when the axe is going to fall.

Maybe I'll go to truck driving school.

I wasn't expecting money but I didn't realize the per-child payment wasn't income dependent. I'd say these little fuckers are paying for themselves but I'm sure I'm still in the hole about 100k per snot factory.

Honestly I have spending a bit more on them lately, I feel bad for them being cooped up all day.

I wasn't expecting money but I didn't realize the per-child payment wasn't income dependent. I'd say these little fuckers are paying for themselves but I'm sure I'm still in the hole about 100k per snot factory.

Honestly I have spending a bit more on them lately, I feel bad for them being cooped up all day.

We'll get the $500 per child even if we're over $200k??? We haven't seen any money at all, so figured we wouldn't get the child credit either.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk