What did you spend your stimulus $ on?

Franchi

We'll get the $500 per child even if we're over $200k??? We haven't seen any money at all, so figured we wouldn't get the child credit either.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That seems to be the case, like I said I was surprised to see money in my account last week so I looked it up.

No matter your filing status, the stimulus includes $500 for every qualifying child under 17 you might have. So even if your income exceeds the maximums above, if you have kids you might still receive some money.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll get the $500 per child even if we're over $200k??? We haven't seen any money at all, so figured we wouldn't get the child credit either.

No wonder you haven't worried about getting this Balvenie. :lol:

Savings/checking. whatever. I'm still living off unemployment since December 1st. Got a large lump of $$ from our contents piece on the house and still need to buy more shit. I paid off all of the debt with the contents piece of the house so the only thing I have now is mortgage, normal bills and insurance. I haven't even touched much of my severance either.

When this shit clears up we're going to file for guardianship for our son (autistic 19 year old), then he can get social security since he'll never work. Then my wife can be a "provider" for him and make money since he has a level X I/O waiver through the county. Hell I may never have to work again :gabe:

No wonder you haven't worried about getting this Balvenie. [emoji38]
Hahaha, I forget about it occasionally, but I remember. We'll get a CR whiskey tasting together and have a glass when this BS is over.

Did our taxes in early February and haven't yet been stimulated. Did get a little refund actually on federal taxes and received that within 2 weeks of filing. Apples to orangutans I guess but thats something.

That seems to be the case, like I said I was surprised to see money in my account last week so I looked it up.

Thanks for the link Greg. They still taper the amount for child payments based on income, but I found that calculator to be spot on. They do increase the top end cutoff amount based on number of children too. They used our 2019 tax info/numbers FYI as we had already filed.

Thanks for the link Greg. They still taper the amount for child payments based on income, but I found that calculator to be spot on. They do increase the top end cutoff amount based on number of children too. They used our 2019 tax info/numbers FYI as we had already filed.
F, didn't see the calculator, no monies for my kids. Thought this was 'merica.

I will say that one lesson learned through this pandemic is that being equity "well off" doesn't mean shit in the apocalypse (duh). We've put a majority of our extra money toward paying off necessary debt (mortgage, cars, etc..), definitely need to pad the liquid savings a bit more before the next apocalypse.