CR Shut Down - End of Month

excell

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of an Era. It's wild how much the world has changed since the early 2000's. Especially the way people interact, treat each other, and how short attention spans have shrunk-to.

Being a grown adult (39) with kids, family, and a time-suck of a career.... I reflect, and think back to the days where I had less responsibility, no social media, and no smart phone. All we'd do would drive around late night and meet other car folks. Fun times for sure. it was really fun to grow up in the late 90's/early 2000's at a point in your life where you were just beginning to gain independence.

See you all on FB!

+1. I'll keep logging in here until it dies. :lol:

I will say, if someone has the techy time to keep it going on a new platform, I'm happy to carry the cost of hosting for a couple years...

I would have gladly stepped up, it's the time aspect that kills it for me primarily. (Likely present admins also!)

The largest issue is the time to keep everything security patched and up to date against all the security threats out there on the web. Plus the issues when something goes down and you get a million texts and such asking what happened. :gabe: (Sorry Anthony!!)

I think a lot of us saw this coming, as forums in general have been running on fumes (no pun intended) the last few years.

Any time I got a new computer in the days before syncing your favorites with an account was a thing, the first shortcut I always setup was to CR. I still instinctively check it every day, as I have since I was 15.

Made so many life long friends here, and will still be around no matter where we all end up.

Now I gotta figure out how to export my project thread lol

I'm disappointed, but I'm not surprised. I ditched Facebook years ago, and I don't think I'll join back up just for CR. :(

I believe I was a member on the first day, joined up after coming over from COFBA. 20 years is a long, good run. Met a lot of good people on this site, I can honestly say I would not have been into cars as much as I was if it wasn't for CR and COFBA. I don't post much, but I still get on almost every day just to catch up. I'll totally miss that. :(

I'm disappointed, but I'm not surprised. I ditched Facebook years ago, and I don't think I'll join back up just for CR. :(

I believe I was a member on the first day, joined up after coming over from COFBA. 20 years is a long, good run. Met a lot of good people on this site, I can honestly say I would not have been into cars as much as I was if it wasn't for CR and COFBA. I don't post much, but I still get on almost every day just to catch up. I'll totally miss that. :(

:leghump:

Sad to see it go. Part of my daily routine in the mornings is logging in and seeing what's new.

But, before we go, Not Brian must post his most outlandish, craziest, never before told story. Give us all one more great laugh before shutdown!

+1. I'll keep logging in here until it dies. :lol:

I will say, if someone has the techy time to keep it going on a new platform, I'm happy to carry the cost of hosting for a couple years...

Id buy the domain name if the owners want to sell

I would have gladly stepped up, it's the time aspect that kills it for me primarily. (Likely present admins also!)

The largest issue is the time to keep everything security patched and up to date against all the security threats out there on the web. Plus the issues when something goes down and you get a million texts and such asking what happened. :gabe: (Sorry Anthony!!)

There is the touch labor aspect, licensing, etc. Who knows what this thing runs on probably phpbb on a windows xp laptop in Chris' closet. It could be unfucked easily.

+1. I'll keep logging in here until it dies. [emoji38]

Same, and I'll gladly throw money at keeping it alive. Hell, can we just start a completely new CR forum before this one dies, so everyone can switch?

I'm planning to start a Facebook account for my shop, mostly for marketplace. I'll look you guys up, but I have no social media currently, outside of forums.

For those of you looking for a forum with like minded, hands on people, garage journal is pretty good. No Tapatalk though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

One time I was riding the school bus home and my buddy said he overheard his dad tell mum to suck his dick. I was like wtf does that do? He was confused too. Anyway, my family had a central vac system in the house but inside each hole in the wall were two lil metal nubs. The vacuum hose has a metal ring around the end that connects that circuit and turns on the vacuumage.

So I thought that thing could suck my dick. But how do I get metal in there? First I tried fucking it with a spoon. That was goofy. It would turn on for a second but it didn't really feel great. I put the spoon back in the drawer and tried other various paper clips and shit. Never got it to work right.

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Only made a few meets not close to anyone but its been a great community to be apart of. Loved all the internet banter and a real "community" feel this place gave. Haven't lived in Columbus in 6+ years and still logged in least 4-5 times a week haha.

Bunch of great business transactions back in the day. Really was a cool part everyone always wanted to help eachother get them their shit it was nice.

I'll join the facebook but it wont be the same.

Side note a huge thanks to everyone (sponsors included) that has been a part of keeping this going for all this time and just all the members was a great forum a lot of laughs for sure.

Id buy the domain name if the owners want to sell

There is the touch labor aspect, licensing, etc. Who knows what this thing runs on probably phpbb on a windows xp laptop in Chris' closet. It could be unfucked easily.

Step up and do it if it’s that easy…..

So can I make a recommendation. If you dump everything keep up on the registration for the domain at least. I made this same decision on the forum I ran for years and kinda thought about doing something with it more recently only to find out some out of country person got the domain and I cant get it back.

So can I make a recommendation. If you dump everything keep up on the registration for the domain at least. I made this same decision on the forum I ran for years and kinda thought about doing something with it more recently only to find out some out of country person got the domain and I cant get it back.

http://www.slutsonly.com? :dumb:

• Casper unpinned this topic