I'm getting my bike!!

Sara_Rides

Yea, you're right, although my way more legitimate excuse would be that by the time I realized I could have made it to Hooter's we had cancelled the babysitter so we had the little one :D

What? You cant take a kid to Hooters?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You cant take a kid to Hooters?

Very Funny...he's 3 and I'm not trashy. Sorry. lol. The most important point about having him was...can't ride the bike with him....I wasn't even thinking about weather or not it would appropriate for him to go into Hooters, I was more upset with the fact I couldn't ride....would have had to cage it....boring....and I would NOT have felt comfortable bringing my 3 year old son to Hooters...especially when I want to have some "Mommy Time" to mingle and meet you all guys....trust me, that would be impossible with my little darling attached to my hip ;)

Very Funny...he's 3 and I'm not trashy. Sorry. lol. The most important point about having him was...can't ride the bike with him....I wasn't even thinking about weather or not it would appropriate for him to go into Hooters, I was more upset with the fact I couldn't ride....would have had to cage it....boring....and I would NOT have felt comfortable bringing my 3 year old son to Hooters...especially when I want to have some "Mommy Time" to mingle and meet you all guys....trust me, that would be impossible with my little darling attached to my hip ;)

Nonsense. Nothing at Hooters you can't see at the pool/beach/walking down the street.

And as for mingling.... I love kids, so long as they aren't mine :) My neighborhood has a TON of kids... they're so cute when they aren't crying or being in the middle of the road

It's official....the deal has been made!! I am getting a 94 KLR250...the one from the "Barbie Years"!!! It's teal and purple and PERFECT for me!! Yay!! This week I'm going to take the test for my permit and hopefully will do the walk-in for the course the weekend after next....Just wait...you think I'm all over this site now?? lol, wait till I'm riding!!

1994-Kawasaki--Green-1.jpg

B-E-A-U-tiful!!! So Perfect For Me!! What do y'all think?

Sara, that's a great looking bike! Perfect for dual sport riding the trails!

Zerocrash is getting some serious air. :eek: I'm too big to get up like that even on the YZ426. Where's he riding at in those photos? Is that in Columbus?:confused:

Sara, that's a great looking bike! Perfect for dual sport riding the trails!

Zerocrash is getting some serious air. :eek: I'm too big to get up like that even on the YZ426. Where's he riding at in those photos? Is that in Columbus?:confused:

Very cool, you'll love the KLR it's an awesome little bike and very reliable.

Lemme know if you two ever wanna go hit some back roads & trails....I know some good ones around Central Ohio.

Who let you in here Craig? LOL You gonna make it out the 20th?

First of all--buildit (Luke)--Zero is riding actually just right outside his apartment where they were doing some construction....he looks for his own lines and if he can't find one, he makes one!! :) He is a fantastic rider...he actually raced pro BMX for a while, so he has lots of experience. I'm so lucky to have him as my instructor. ALSO, is the ride JUNE 20th or JULY 20th? The first PM said June and the second said July...I'm guessing it's June and Zero and I are IN!!

Swingset (Craig)--we are all about going on rides, especially if you know some places locally we can go!! That would be great!! I'm still new, but I do feel the need to toot my own horn for a little bit, but I have really done a good job...dropped the bike first day but I did NOT fall with it and ever since then I've just kept getting better. I'm doing slow manuvers around cones and corners, u-turns and went up to an indicated 70 miles an hour...I'm really proud of myself :)

P.S. I went on a great ride with Zero after stopping at HNW today with Zero and met a bunch of you great people today, and it was awesome....thanks for all of you who came out and were so friendly with me...it was great to finally meet some of you in person!!

It's June 20th, sorry for the confusion.

I've never raced but my friends keep trying to talk me into doing an enduro. I'd love to do the Peace Pipe in Greenville this fall. People fall off their bikes when they see a guy riding a big 650cc in an enduro. One of my friends got 1st place in Senior B on his KTM 640 year before last (07'). He was more surprised than anyone else.

More to the point I like technical riding but am not much of a speed demon. But I am still learning as well and am only an intermediate rider in comparison to some of the people I ride with. But that's why I ride with them. You don't get better unless you try new stuff and push the envelope a bit. (At least that's what they tell me:D)

It's June 20th, sorry for the confusion.

I've never raced but my friends keep trying to talk me into doing an enduro. I'd love to do the Peace Pipe in Greenville this fall. People fall off their bikes when they see a guy riding a big 650cc in an enduro. One of my friends got 1st place in Senior B on his KTM 640 year before last (07'). He was more surprised than anyone else.

More to the point I like technical riding but am not much of a speed demon. But I am still learning as well and am only an intermediate rider in comparison to some of the people I ride with. But that's why I ride with them. You don't get better unless you try new stuff and push the envelope a bit. (At least that's what they tell me:D)

Sissy talk!:lol:

So Sarah... maybe you already mentioned... how's your ankle/foot?

Thank you VERY much for asking! I was supposed to be on the crutches about a week, I lost interest after about two days, and I'm doing much much better now. Still a little sore, but I rode the other day to the Lube and was a-okay. You're the only one who asked after the fact....thank you!!

Did that happen when you went down on the way to work?

Yea, it totally did, but I'm good now....my goal was to be able to ride by saturday and I beat that already by riding the other day, so I'm good, just go easy on me....Zero will show us ALL up....but I'll feel way better not being the only newby....besides, I've crashed, that is supposed to make me a real rider!!

Yea, it totally did, but I'm good now....my goal was to be able to ride by saturday and I beat that already by riding the other day, so I'm good, just go easy on me....Zero will show us ALL up....but I'll feel way better not being the only newby....besides, I've crashed, that is supposed to make me a real rider!!

Well, you will probably be the newest rider on the morning ride. I just don't want you to reinjure it if you get a little squirly in the lose gravel and put a foot down. I'll have Tim on clean up at the rear since he prerode it with me last weekend. So just let him know if you wanna go around any of the sections at the end where it gets deep. On the plus side the rain will hopefully make it far less dusty.:)

Glad it's feeling better.;)

Well, you will probably be the newest rider on the morning ride. I just don't want you to reinjure it if you get a little squirly in the lose gravel and put a foot down. I'll have Tim on clean up at the rear since he prerode it with me last weekend. So just let him know if you wanna go around any of the sections at the end where it gets deep. On the plus side the rain will hopefully make it far less dusty.:)

Glad it's feeling better.;)

Lord, you're EXPECTING me to go down in the gravel? Yikes, lol. It's cool, if I do, I do but hopefully I wont, I'm not worried about re-injuring it by putting a foot down, I'm worried about crashing so bad I that I wind up on my first ever helicopter ride, lol. Introduce me to Tim and we'll be golden, although if I know my Zero (and by now, I do...) He is going to want me to push myself through everything the other riders are doing, so there wont be any going around for me!! Thanks for the tips and updates though!!

No problem. Tim will be easy to spot on his KLR250. :lol: It's really hard to judge a rider you've never riden with so please excuse me if I am being overly cautious. I've had to many people I've meet online who head down to Tar Hollow or even around here who say they are good riders and can't even ride a gravel road well. But if you look at trails like down hill skiing, this ride would be off the kiddy course but still a green. :)

So does this mean Zero is coming with you for the ride? It sounded like he was going to arrive a little later because of work when he PM'd me. If he is, he'll love the RR bed! Good stuff to really open up that 250 and have some fun!

No problem. Tim will be easy to spot on his KLR250. :lol: It's really hard to judge a rider you've never riden with so please excuse me if I am being overly cautious. I've had to many people I've meet online who head down to Tar Hollow or even around here who say they are good riders and can't even ride a gravel road well. But if you look at trails like down hill skiing, this ride would be off the kiddy course but still a green. :)

So does this mean Zero is coming with you for the ride? It sounded like he was going to arrive a little later because of work when he PM'd me. If he is, he'll love the RR bed! Good stuff to really open up that 250 and have some fun!

Yes, he is coming, I'm so excited that he's coming!!