6/20 or 6/21 Ride

InyaAzz

the guys at full throttle yamaha are good people, and they would probably recommend cleveland akron honda if you want work done on your bike.

i know it's farther, but everywhere i go, western reserve honda has a crap rep. i also say this from dealing with their parts/service department... trying to talk to them to find out simple info is like shoving my nuts in a wood chipper. fun to watch, but not fun to go through.

plus, while you're at cleveland akron honda, you can check out all the other cool bikes they have there.

edit: and yeah, they only replaced my helmet... i have state farm, but other insurance companies might be different.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob,

If you file a claim, make sure they cover all your gear. Anything that touched the ground shoud be covered.

Thanks for the heads up.
Hopefully but lately I've been hearing that the insurance companies are only replacing helmets... kind of bullshit.

State Farm only did my helmet too. Nothing says loving like not covering your protective gear when you actually use it.

I could be wrong about this but I have heard that State Farm only covers $200 for gear when you have an accident if doesn't matter how expensive your helmet is.

This I know for a sure, State Farm does not offer medical coverage with their motorcycle policies. This is one of the reasons they are one of the cheapest companies when pricing motorcycle insurance.

State Farm only replaced my lid after a late last summer crash. They did pay full price of $400+ but had to send them a invoice. All other gear not covered boots jacket and gloves got spent and no refund. Money well spent I quess for not getting all Fucked up.

Hopefully but lately I've been hearing that the insurance companies are only replacing helmets... kind of bullshit.

That's fine. My jacket and pants had minor scuffs but the helmet did take a hit. Shoei rf-1000 so $450+. If they cover that i'd be happy.

Edited by rslocum

t

plus, while you're at cleveland akron honda, you can check out all the other cool bikes they have there.

edit: and yeah, they only replaced my helmet... i have state farm, but other insurance companies might be different.

Thanks for the info Jbot. I have state farm also. I don't mind taking it to a reputable dealer so thanks for your input. If I'm down for a month or so that is fine with me. It is getting hot. Shit it was at least in the 80's for last Sunday's ride. I got some boating to do. I'll be back up and running for late summer and early fall. Prime time riding.

Lost1888 you hear anything good or bad about western reserve Honda. If i'm going to claim I definitely want all OEM parts so she looks good as new with 13000+ miles and one get off.

The best Honda shop/parts prices I know of is Just for Fun Honda in Middlefield. It's where I would get all my parts for my quads hen I had them. http://www.justforfunhonda.com/shop/index.htm

us guys up north are going to have a get us a trailer so rob can tow us down with him when he goes to bolivar. I've briefly considered doing the same thing before, but it didn't quite strike me as to just how much better it is to do it that way until i saw him rolling in on his truck, all comfy and tires not squared off.

If I had a trailer I'm sure I would be down there every couple weekends. Find a primitive camp ground and stay the whole weekend. 2 reasons

1. The 100-150 miles to take to get to the good stuff is going to have to be repeated at the end of the day if I don't have a trailer.

2. If something like what happened to Rob was to happen to me I can assure the bike a way home with out making a production.

Watch cleveland akron honda's service. They worked on my triple ONCE, they broke my tail light and tried to jb plastic weld it back in. Lucky for me it was cold and when I went to load it into the truck it popped out and I saw what they did. They got me a new part and replaced it, but it is kinda shady to hide a tech's f up. This was a while back but my bike has never gone back there for service.

I could be wrong about this but I have heard that State Farm only covers $200 for gear when you have an accident if doesn't matter how expensive your helmet is.

This I know for a sure, State Farm does not offer medical coverage with their motorcycle policies. This is one of the reasons they are one of the cheapest companies when pricing motorcycle insurance.

They'll cover the price of the helmet. That pretty Akuma helmet was $400+ and they covered it. But that's it. Nothing else.

And yeah ..I found out the hard way about medical insurance. :(

Thanks guys. I just got bruised up some. The bike would of been mostly ok but when it slid across the road on it's right side and hit the grass a peg stuck or something and flipped it on it's other side. Broke the clip-on and clutch lever clear off. The front cowl is broken in a couple places and the right and left cowl are scratched pretty good. I think when it landed on it's left side it took the biggest hit at the clip-on but when the tail section hit it actually bent it some also. Definitely an insurance claim to get her fixed.

Lost1888 you hear anything good or bad about western reserve Honda. If i'm going to claim I definitely want all OEM parts so she looks good as new with 13000+ miles and one get off.

Did you talk to Just for Fun yet? How are things going locating the parts you need to get it back together?

They did yank one off a bike on the floor. It was for my 600 mile service was the only time they worked on it. And the manager didnt know about it, or so he said? I know they have replaced most of the people that were there by now so they may be ok? I have had good luck with rousch out in medina. would be a long drive from the east side.