First ride with a passenger

Likwid

Finally got the wife on the back! She didn't want to go for a ride without us both having helmets but she got over that and wore mine...

So aside from the "how could you ride without all your gear!?!?" it was a really strange feeling. Definitely took it way slow (I agreed nothing over 25) but I was nervous just riding straight, I think I was nervous because I was directly responsible for her safety.

Nervousness aside, we both liked the ride, definitely different riding 2 up, but cool to share the experience!

"This tickles my balls"

J/k - I can't think of anything really funny. On the 'busa, if I'm taking a new passenger they inevitably ask "So, how fast does this..." and I blip the throttle so the question answers itself. That's funny to me. Going from 'comfortable' to 'death grip' around me. Makes them respect the bike real quick, and I never have to remind them to hold on again. I don't ever blip it again either, but they don't know that.

Edited by JRMMiii

Since I am half deaf, generally wear a full helmet and with wind noise to boot, I usually don't hear them say much of anything. However, my GF has been known to beat on me or pinch my legs when I do something to piss her off. (or just to get my attention, or if she sees a shiny Porsche she likes or....grrrrr.... )

She didn't like how I was cutting close to the curb turning into a parking lot yesterday and decided to steer for me... That floated like a lead brick... I turned around, stuck my finger in her face shield and gave my best "No, bad puppy!" but she just smacked me again for not watching in front of us while I chided her. I can't win.:nono:

"This tickles my balls"

This is the standard response JRMMiii gets from the moustache rides he gives. Why sip from the cup when you can suck the juice right from the teabag!

Srsly Likwid, ya just have to get her out more, and gear up. Just don't get hamfisted at low speeds. Otherwise, go out and have fun! It's like any other part of our sport. You just have to get out and log the miles.

Srsly Likwid, ya just have to get her out more, and gear up. Just don't get hamfisted at low speeds. Otherwise, go out and have fun! It's like any other part of our sport. You just have to get out and log the miles.

Appreciate it man! She just went to look for helmets, found a style, size and brand she liked, just need to find a good price for it....

Seriously, she wants a Shoei TRZ... I was like "well... if you really want it, ok..." luckily she backed off... so we'll stick with an HJC

Baby steps... baby steps

"This tickles my balls"

So you like them pre-op????? whatever floats your boat I guess.

OP: just take it slow, you'll be fine. My wife HATED bikes but will hop on occasionally now just because I didnt do anything squidly her first ride. Just tried to be smooth. Now I can creep up to 75 or so before she notices ;)

Congrats, I love riding with my wife on pillion....we have a great time. I just take it easier, more deliberate with my movements and don't put her into gnarly situations. One tip to tell all passengers, if they're not used to it is to stay loose and put their head on the same side of the turn.

Also, it's a good idea to set your preload/sag for a rider and air up a little on the rear tire. A passenger can really change the handling and braking response of a bike.

Good on her for getting geared up too, I'd highly suggest at the very least a good jacket & gloves to go with the lid. If you go down, you WILL have your hands on the pavement, elbows and body too. Some women just will not consider moto-specific pants, but with options like the Cortech DSX jeans (with leather) it's easy to pull off without looking like a spaceman.

She didn't like how I was cutting close to the curb turning into a parking lot yesterday and decided to steer for me... That floated like a lead brick... I turned around' date=' stuck my finger in her face shield and gave my best "No, bad puppy!" but she just smacked me again for not watching in front of us while I chided her. I can't win.:nono:[/quote']

:lol: I HATE it when they get paranoid and try to steer for you!