Christian Sport Bike Ride #4 ***07/11/09***

600ZZ4eb

throw on some cartoons they'll be fine :) ....... We'll do it another time

That's a BAD thing around here! They are SOOO different when they watch too much TV!

Maybe I'll make the meet and greet tomorrow, instead. Not as much of a fun ride, but still can get out that way. Maybe I could just go for a ride by myself this evening, or tomorrow to make up for it?

I'll get out on a group ride sometime, eventually!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like bad storms headed this way, around noon. Channel 4 news just said high winds/hail possible...............have fun/stay safe if you guys decide to ride

We got it done as the rain started to move in knocked of the last part of the planed route to avoid the storms... when you gonna head back out with us Jim ?

Well then. Turns out there was 5 of us all together.

Phil, Jim, Todd, Ebon, and Doug.

The ride from east Columbus to Newark/79 was a bit boring and straight. 79 North of Newark started showing some signs of fun. Then 586 to 541 was a blast as we started to open things up. Then 541 part one to 79 was good. 79 to 36 was great. 36 to 60 was ok. 60 back down from 36 to 541 was outstanding!! Then 541 into Coshocton was good but we had a law enforcement officer pull out ahead of us to, well, uh, keep things calm.

We lunched in Coshocton at the highly acclaimed "Wendy's" then it started to rain. And it rained big. We rode 16 all the way back to 37/70 and home - in big rain. I was amazed at how heavy the leathers get after soaking up a few gallons of water!!!!!

Avon Storm ST's - great dry - great wet (now I know).

Also, returned home without a single bug on the bike!!!!

We got it done as the rain started to move in knocked of the last part of the planed route to avoid the storms... when you gonna head back out with us Jim ?

I passed you guys on RT16 going the other way (I was in the car) it was pouring rain....

umm last time i was in licking county i got arrested in the middle of winter because i was trying too be a nice guy and help out a friend and i didn't know my license was suspended and spent time in jail because the dmv ppl dont' know how to send notices out...oh i got a notice but it was for days after i got arrested

umm last time i was in licking county i got arrested in the middle of winter because i was trying too be a nice guy and help out a friend and i didn't know my license was suspended and spent time in jail because the dmv ppl dont' know how to send notices out...oh i got a notice but it was for days after i got arrested

So, if you're legal now, what's the issue? It would be a long way to go around to get to some decent roads to ride, with the exception of going south to Hocking.

sounds more like your doing than the county " not to mention the dmv is a state agency not county" and a post you just made a couple days ago said you just got out of jail again Im senseing a pattern here ... but hey if you want to blame a county for your indescressions then thats on you bud but your missing out on some great rides let us know when you change your mind

phil you gonna youtube any of todays video ? if not can you email me some of clips from 79 and 60 when you got up there and rode with me ?

Don't you mean "when I got up there and overtook you?" ha ha. :metal:

The videos all turned out very shakey and buzzy due to the homemade mount. I will be buying a "sportbikecam" mount soon......

nothing feels better then riding in soaking wet boxer shorts. I took a 2 hour long hot bath when i got home. Riding in the rain sucks! .. we are probably heading down south .. hopefully 329 around 1pm again today.

Its your story tell it how you want to :)

I needed that! Thanks. Clearly, given enough space on the road and in the absence of on-coming traffic, you would run circles around me at any speed. Actually riding behind you allowed me to pick better lines and challenge myself to improve and trust on left hand turns. Great riding with you.

Now, on to an August 8 ride. - See the new thread.