Mohican Poker Run - Sat 7/18

SWing'R

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very funny shithead... I couldn't look at it bc I don't have a stand... or tools. I buy my tools as I need them.

So which is it, because you told me on the phone that you looked and there was at least 2" of freeplay in the chain? So, you looked at it then, right?

Regardless of your tool situation (I feel for you there, I'm the same way, I don't have stands either - I had to borrow Kevin's), I can't believe you fell for the oldest mechanic trick in the book of "Pulling one over on a female" and the story they fed you. Did they really tell you that your chain would snap if you rode with us that day? Either who you dealt with is a complete schiester, you're a liar, your complete naivety of motorcycles is scary considering your degree-field, or a combination of those 3.

I just gotta rant this out...

It's just a little upsetting that you've missed 3 rides so far. I mean, if you don't wanna go, say so. We PM'd before and I told you we'd wait if you GUARANTEED you'd be there... I dunno, maybe I'm expecting to much? But, then again, I don't commit to any ride, and if I show up great, but I don't expect people to wait or leave early to accommodate my schedule unless that's discussed beforehand. Missing 3 rides though, I don't even know why your word should hold any more merit than a polite suggestion that you may be there. There are other members I ride with that... though they're often late, they WILL show up, and I grant them their word because that's just how they are. I suppose it's not a big deal on this particular ride since we were waiting for Kevin, so we ended up waiting until noon anyway - but he said he was going to show and did, and I didn't have to roll out from my place an hour early to meet him only for him not to show. But, so far, you're 0/3 with me and actions > words.

:rant:

:sigh: Now, who wants an e-Hug?

Edited by JRMMiii

So which is it, because you told me on the phone that you looked and there was at least 2" of freeplay in the chain? So, you looked at it then, right?

Regardless of your tool situation (I feel for you there, I'm the same way, I don't have stands either - I had to borrow Kevin's), I can't believe you fell for the oldest mechanic trick in the book of "Pulling one over on a female" and the story they fed you. Did they really tell you that your chain would snap if you rode with us that day? Either who you dealt with is a complete schiester, you're a liar, your complete naivety of motorcycles is scary considering your degree-field, or a combination of those 3.

It's just a little upsetting that you've missed 3 rides so far. I mean, if you don't wanna go, say so. We PM'd before and I told you we'd wait if you GUARANTEED you'd be there... I dunno, maybe I'm expecting to much? But, then again, I don't commit to any ride, and if I show up great, but I don't expect people to wait or leave early to accommodate my schedule unless that's discussed beforehand. Missing 3 rides though, I don't even know why your word should hold any more merit than a polite suggestion that you may be there. There are other members I ride with that... though they're often late, they WILL show up, and I grant them their word because that's just how they are. I suppose it's not a big deal on this particular ride since we were waiting for Kevin, so we ended up waiting until noon anyway - but he said he was going to show and did, and I didn't have to roll out from my place an hour early to meet him only for him not to show. But, so far, you're 0/3 with me and actions > words.

wow dude, sorry I offended you but seriously get the sand outta your vagina. I went to get my chain adjusted before 10 with the expectations of being outta there by 10:30 at the latest. They told me that an adjustment wouldnt' work (closer to 10:45) and if they did adjust it, it would stretch quickly and probably eventually snap. I don't want to argue motorcycles with someone who repairs them for a living. I don't know that much about motorcycles. Great, I can apply a general 'engineering' knowledge to most situations, but it doesn't mean I know everything about every subject. I've been riding for a year now, and I have never had to deal with a stretched chain before so I don't know what to expect. I just straight up replaced the one on my kawi when I got it last season, so cut me some slack here. I was planning on coming up on the kawi, but I knew last bike out was at noon and there was no way I was going to make it. In addition to that, my phone wasn't working because it fell in a river the day before, so it would have been pretty difficult to find you guys in the middle of mohican when I don't have a celly to call you guys on. It sounds like your daddy bailed on you a few too many times as a child or something. I'm very sorry that things worked out this way, but I did not bail on you the first two times and I think its bs that you're acting like I did. I decided to not ride in the predicted rain for 3 hours back to columbus (which I think is legit) and instead decided to meet up with you guys at the bar in a car... and the second one I was late bc my battery died but I made it on my kawi. I have witnesses who know that I tried to get outta there as quickly as possible and was irritated less that my bike wasn't working and more that I was running late to meeting up with you.

You should try to be less of an asshole. I think you have potential for actually being a good person ;)

See...... This is why I don't give you editing privileges on our board!! :p

Are you sticking up for the guy who just reamed you a new a$$hole in front of the whole board?!? Does that mean that you secretly like being abused & having your a$$hole reamed?

Is this like that Stockholm syndrome I've always heard about? Are you going to dump Ross now & have little JRMMiiiiiiiiiii offspring because you're so aroused by his ranting?!? :lol:

"What do you tell a woman with a black eye?" ;)

Are you sticking up for the guy who just reamed you a new a$$hole in front of the whole board?!? Does that mean that you secretly like being abused & having your a$$hole reamed?

Is this like that Stockholm syndrome I've always heard about? Are you going to dump Ross now & have little JRMMiiiiiiiiiii offspring because you're so aroused by his ranting?!? :lol:

"What do you tell a woman with a black eye?" ;)

lol no, not sticking up for him. Just reinforcing that he's an asshole without making myself seem bitchy for straightup calling him it... see what I did there? :D

besides, IMO he just made himself look like an impatient not understanding jerkface in that silly rant. Besides, if its the little "you promised to be there" game, I said something to the effect of 'barring something ridiculous happening, I planned on being there" well, something ridiculous happened.

well in all seriousness, I can do it myself, I've done it before, that's not the issue. I appreciate the offer though. The issue is more that I need to make some purchases, parts, tools, and stand, then make time to do it. I still have the kawi that I can ride, and my phone is sorta working again, so overall i think i'm in good shape.

Holy crap! Are we watching a Maury Povich episode?! :wtf: GROUP HUG!

lol, i think everything is ok here, jrmmiii just needed some help unbunching his panties... :lol:

you know I'm just teasin you justin.

Edited by OsuMj

No, the bottom line for me is if you're going to tell someone you're going to do something - then do it. I don't care if it's going on a ride, cleaning your room, doing the dishes, taking out the trash... I just get extremely irritated when people don't follow through because I spend 8+ hours a day with people on my job that don't do it (not all, just some) and it just carries over from that.

Nothing to do with my mommy-daddy issues, nothing to do with sand in my vag from volleyball, nothing to do with my ruffled panties (though I really dislike this lace). Lack of follow through just chaps my ass... that's all.

I'm understanding to a point. But so far, "ridiculousness" (to use your words) has happened on 3 separate occasions, which is ridiculous in itself. I know tons of people will vouch for you Mj and you're a cool girl, but you're the only one that's "stood me up" on 3 separate rides - no one else on here has. So, you're a special case, an anomaly, an outlier... you're f*(king up the statistical curve here. And, you know that drives enginerds like me insane.